Wreck victim Angela Flores-Hager left...

Wreck victim Angela Flores-Hager left behind a loving legacy

There are 29 comments on the Statesville story from Feb 12, 2008, titled Wreck victim Angela Flores-Hager left behind a loving legacy. In it, Statesville reports that:

“It's tough for me to know she's gone and know that she's not here. There's no words to describe the loss I'm feeling inside.”

When Jim Blanton returned to work, he kept the door to his office closed because he couldn't endure the sight of an empty desk where his stepdaughter once sat. via Statesville

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Statesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lizet Flores

United States

#1 Feb 19, 2008
At this time we do not know what caused Angela's accident. According to the State Trooper's information she lost control of the vehicle. What caused her to loose control? We know she was very responsible and the family has gone over cell phone records, car information, no alcohol. She had just finished her workout at the YMCA. She travelled thru this I-77 daily. The trailer-truck that hit her car refused to go to the hospital because he did not have injuries. The family needs a thorough investigation on this driver and we can not understand why he did not go to the hospital for testing. We continue to ask questions to the NC State Trooper for answers.
Claire Maxwell

Charlotte, NC

#2 Feb 20, 2008
I-77 between exit 33 and 36 north and southbound at this time is very dangerous. I avoid the freeway at all costs. Accidents happen daily beause of constuction of a new exit 32 at Langtree.I live in this area. The freeway at this area is so congested and motorists are so frustrated. Trailer-trucks are the norm and it is hard for them to see cars. No excuse though!! People do not pay attention on the road when they see constrution zones. Keep asking questions to the NC State Troopers. The driver needs to be investigated. Angela sounded like she was wonderful!! My heart goes out to you and your family!!
Lizet Flores-Chicago

United States

#3 Feb 20, 2008
Thank you Claire for your posting. I have left on another site to the State Trooper questions as well. We need to know what happened here and truthfully I donot think they have done a thorough investigation. It is my understanding that the Trailer-truck driver did not go to the hospital at all as he refused to go because he was not hurt. I wish there was someone who witnessed and could provide some information to the family. Thanks again.
Lizet Flores-Chicago

United States

#4 Feb 21, 2008
If anyone knows about the accident that happened on January 31st 2008 near Mooresvile near 33 and 36 exit, please contact the family here in Chicago, Illinois at jflores3414@aol.com.
This involved tractor-trailer and Angela Flores-Hager was killed.
At this time we have not seen the police report, but we are looking for witnesses to this tragic accident.
Lizet Flores-Chicago

United States

#5 Feb 22, 2008
Posted on Wed, Feb. 20, 2008
Wreck shut I-77 for hours
Claire: I see what you mean with so many accidents on I-77. I saw this report on the news
on more wreck accidents right by marker 32 on Langtree just where you indicated before.

Dozens of motorists spent part of Tuesday night and Wednesday morning sitting in their vehicles on Interstate 77, following a major wreck late Tuesday night in Iredell County.
The N.C. Highway Patrol says seven vehicles were involved in the wreck, which happened shortly before 11 p.m. on southbound I-77, near mile marker 32, not far from Langtree Road. That is between Mooresville and Davidson.

The wreck forced troopers to close all southbound lanes for about three hours. For a short time, northbound lanes also were closed. Authorities were able to detour southbound traffic above Mooresville, but many travelers were caught on I-77 below the Mooresville exit.

A number of motorists were forced to shut off their vehicles, to conserve gasoline supplies or to prevent overheating.

It is not clear how many people were hurt, but authorities say none of the injuries was thought to be life-threatening.
Lizet Flores-Chicago

United States

#6 Feb 22, 2008
Posted on Wed, Feb. 20, 2008
Wreck shut I-77 for hours
Claire: I see what you mean with so many accidents on I-77. I saw this report on the news
on more wreck accidents right by marker 32 on Langtree just where you indicated before.

Dozens of motorists spent part of Tuesday night and Wednesday morning sitting in their vehicles on Interstate 77, following a major wreck late Tuesday night in Iredell County.
The N.C. Highway Patrol says seven vehicles were involved in the wreck, which happened shortly before 11 p.m. on southbound I-77, near mile marker 32, not far from Langtree Road. That is between Mooresville and Davidson.

The wreck forced troopers to close all southbound lanes for about three hours. For a short time, northbound lanes also were closed. Authorities were able to detour southbound traffic above Mooresville, but many travelers were caught on I-77 below the Mooresville exit.

A number of motorists were forced to shut off their vehicles, to conserve gasoline supplies or to prevent overheating.

It is not clear how many people were hurt, but authorities say none of the injuries was thought to be life-threatening.
Claire Maxwell

Eddyville, KY

#7 Feb 23, 2008
The department of transportation in NC need to address this problem. We need this new exit because of the explosion of growth in this area. Lowes Home Improvement has relocated their headquarters in MT Mourne,NC. The traffic is a nightmare. If there is an accident on the freeway there is no where to pull off to the side of the road. I almost hit a vehicle that was stalled on the freeway in the slow lane.It was at night.A truck was in front of me and moved in the left lane so fast and I had to slam on my brakes and took a deep breath and moved in the fast lane to avoid hitting the disabled vehicle. This was at 1:30 am. I was coming home from work. I am a flight attendant and I had a long day. I was so greatful for my quick reaction and I know god was watching out for me!! It is safer in the air then being on the interstate. I am so grateful just to be home safely with my family! I hope this helps you out Lizet! God is taking good care of Angela!
Lizet Flores- Chicago

AOL

#8 Feb 24, 2008
Claire: Great reaction on your part to avoid a collision. Thank God you were quick to make that move. Our family is looking into this accident and to the reconstruction. Many unanswered questions. Today, Sunday February 24th, all family members are gathered for a Memorial since not everyone could fly to North Carolina. We have almost 100 family members alone in the Chicago area, so this may be provide some closure for the rest of our family. After this we will pursue to get all the information we need from the North Carolina trooper and other agencies.
Thank you.
Lizet Flores-Chicago

El Dorado Hills, CA

#9 Oct 12, 2008
Still I come back to this site to check if anyone saw anything onthis horrible accident that took the life of Angela Flores Hager. Police report does not any conclusive information as to what happened. But its amazing that no one came forward with information regarding this accident. It happened on January 31st 2008. We know that it involved 2 trailer tractors but that was it.

Since: Dec 07

Mooresville,NC

#10 Oct 13, 2008
Lizet Flores-Chicago wrote:
Still I come back to this site to check if anyone saw anything onthis horrible accident that took the life of Angela Flores Hager. Police report does not any conclusive information as to what happened. But its amazing that no one came forward with information regarding this accident. It happened on January 31st 2008. We know that it involved 2 trailer tractors but that was it.
No one cares anymore. It is so sad. I am so sorry for your loss. People are very selfish. I guess it is the way society is. My heart pours out to you. Claire
Lizet Flores- Chicago

AOL

#11 Dec 21, 2008
A year will pass very soon since Angies death. It seems like is not real even now when she would have been here in Chicago celebrating with us Christmas Eve. There is always hope that one day someone will share what they saw that night of the accident. Persistence and never giving up is the key to be able to get to the bottom of this accident.
Claire

United States

#12 Dec 23, 2008
Lizet Flores- Chicago wrote:
A year will pass very soon since Angies death. It seems like is not real even now when she would have been here in Chicago celebrating with us Christmas Eve. There is always hope that one day someone will share what they saw that night of the accident. Persistence and never giving up is the key to be able to get to the bottom of this accident.
My prayers and best wishes for you and your family! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! She will be in Chicago in spirit:) I believe from the bottom of my heart! Claire
Broken Hearted Parents

Blairsville, GA

#13 Jan 11, 2009
I did not know anything about this accident,but we also have surrered a loss like yours. Our only child and most beloved daughter was killed in an accident a few months prior to Angela. Like her accident the accident is inconclusive and she has no voice. It eats you alive because you have no closure. We have recently found out that the car my daughter was driving has a black box. According to the information we have heard it is the job of the Highway patrol to plug their computer into this black box of the accident vehicle and it can give facts on speed direction, braking distance, If seatbelts have been used and if air bags were deployed, how many times the vehicle was started along with much other data. We found out that they never investigated this accident either. Had no idea that a car ad a black box until the Russian female student at UNC Charlotte was murdered and the Mt Holly police found the evidence necessary from the black box on her car which indicated there was an accident as well as a murder. We have hired a company that recreates and pulls the black box for the data. As of yet we do not have all the details but apparantly this information is kept quiet. We do not know why. The loss we have both suffered is beyond description and is a pain that eats you from the inside out. Angela and our daughter had so much to offer this world it seems like they lived respectible and wonderful lives and are owed the dignitity to be respected in their death.
Lizet Flores-Chicago wrote:
Lizet Flores-Chicago

AOL

#14 Jan 17, 2009
Thank you for taking the time and provide us with so much information that we are aware it even exists. I always come to this site with the hope that one day someone would have seen what really happen. My heart also goes out to you for the loss of your daughter. And yes these were wonderful young ladies. And so we continue to at least not forget and keep posting our comments in this forum. We can not loose hope. Thank you again very much.
Broken Hearted Parents

Mooresville, NC

#15 Jan 17, 2009
I hope that this is some ray of hope. Not knowing and having no closure makes the loss more painful and so much harder to accept and understand. If there is some way for you to reach us there might be other help. I would like to communicate anything that we can offer to help. We have both suffered devestating losses.
Lizet Flores- Chicago

AOL

#16 Jan 31, 2009
Today is January 31st 2009 early morning in Chicago. Angie passed away a year ago on January 31st 2008 around 8pm. A mass will be offered here in Chicago and many family members will be joining. Later on the week there will be another service for the rest of the family to join. As the day goes by, you think of how close death was on that day. It certainly helps all of us and the rest of the family to be together and provide the strength for those here. Please communicate anything that can be of help. Sometimes you would want to take the clock and move it backwards.
sandy

London, KY

#17 Feb 1, 2009
Prayers are with you!
Broken Hearted Parents

Mooresville, NC

#18 Feb 3, 2009
I just do not understand the world today. There are so many people who do not understand how hard the loss is when your loved one has no voice. So much can be done to make the system better, but so many people do not, or choose not to get involved. Our loved ones life is snuffed out, and you will wonder what happened to them for the rest of our lives. We have kept Angie and your family in our prayers.
Lizet Flores- Chicago

AOL

#19 Feb 21, 2009
Thank you so much for keeping our loved ones in your prayers. Your are so right in that no one wants to be involved and it is very sad to go about our lives as nothing has happened. We will never rest until the thuth about these accidents come forward. Thanks for being proactive.
Lizet
Lizet Flores- Chicago

AOL

#20 Apr 18, 2009
Last night we drove from Bloomington Normal, Illinois to Chicago, about a 2 hour drive. The time was 11pm. Driving back home in this expressway my mind wondered about the accident that killed Angie a year ago. Even at this time of the night there was quite a traffic in the expressway. Also it came to mind how accidents happen so quickly just a second and a slight mistake on the road can kill someone. But it amazed me that still today no one has seen anything on this accident. I wonder about the truck driver in Mooresville NC that hit her car on the road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cornelius Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Opiates in Denver (May '14) Mon lolAtU 10
News Four charged after second bust at Lincolnton home Sep 12 robin 1
News Men arrested on felony drug charges Sep 8 robin 1
News Deputies make arrests in home break-ins Sep 7 PhatMo 5
Loud Boom heard at 10:00 pm (Nov '08) Aug 31 jlom 31
News Denver veterans bring REBOOT course to Lincoln ... Aug 28 poster 1
News Denver man accused of sexually assaulting minor Aug 26 MeJustMe 2

Cornelius Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance