Teen killed in Huntersville wreck

Teen killed in Huntersville wreck

There are 28 comments on the Charlotte.com story from Jul 16, 2008, titled Teen killed in Huntersville wreck. In it, Charlotte.com reports that:

An 18-year-old who graduated last month from Hopewell High School was killed Tuesday night in a one-vehicle wreck in Huntersville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charlotte.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nathalie Benitez

Mooresville, NC

#1 Jul 17, 2008
hi this waz myyyyy bfffffs brother tad daugherty he was rele nice and i feel so bad for her family
Concerned about Youth

Charlotte, NC

#2 Jul 17, 2008
It is so hard to lose someone at such a young age. Maybe your friend can host seminars to let other teens know the consequences of speeding or having alcohol in the car. I am not saying tad was drinking, i am only going by what the article says that you have attached. I wish their family well and pray for all involved.
Concerned too

Charlotte, NC

#3 Jul 18, 2008
Thanks for the concern about drinking and driving too fast. I think everyone gets this. This is not the time to be talking about seminars, etc. It is the time for grieving and healing for parents, friends, and family.
Concerned about youth

Charlotte, NC

#4 Jul 21, 2008
But what can YOU do to prevent this from happening to another family? You are not getting anything accomplished by writing on this forum. What did you expect when you started this topic?
I am sympathetic to the family bc I am a family member who has lost someone to a drunk driver and I do have family members that have had DUI's. They learned from their lessons and are not repeat offenders. I will be grieving for the rest of my life. But it only takes a few minutes to talk with others and maybe you can save a life.
I wasnt trying to be harsh! I know the family and friends are going through a lot right now. But do the research on drunk driving and at what age are you prominent for getting into an accident if you are drinking? The results will not surprise you! Kids dont listen to adults, so if you are a youth, you have more pull than we do! YOu are closer to their age and your story may inspire someone not to drink, or to wear a seatbelt or not to speed. You never know.
unconcerned about youth

Charlotte, NC

#5 Jul 28, 2008
Guess what. If he followed the LAW he and his friend would be alive today. If I play with fire, dont cry when I get burned.
Concerned about youth

Charlotte, NC

#6 Jul 28, 2008
That didnt make any sense?!?!? Why would I cry if you burned yourself? Thats what you get for playing with fire. Try again.
this is website is bull

Cornelius, NC

#7 Aug 21, 2008
First off let me straight up tell you that i know for a fact that Tad was not drinking. He had an empty beer box in his car but that was it. So this whole debate has nothing to do with Tad or the accident. Maybe some people should get the facts straight before talking about ordeals like this on a public website because its offensive to the grieving friends and family.
Mr Bill

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Aug 22, 2008
Concerned about youth wrote:
But what can YOU do to prevent this from happening to another family? You are not getting anything accomplished by writing on this forum. What did you expect when you started this topic?
I am sympathetic to the family bc I am a family member who has lost someone to a drunk driver and I do have family members that have had DUI's. They learned from their lessons and are not repeat offenders. I will be grieving for the rest of my life. But it only takes a few minutes to talk with others and maybe you can save a life.
I wasnt trying to be harsh! I know the family and friends are going through a lot right now. But do the research on drunk driving and at what age are you prominent for getting into an accident if you are drinking? The results will not surprise you! Kids dont listen to adults, so if you are a youth, you have more pull than we do! YOu are closer to their age and your story may inspire someone not to drink, or to wear a seatbelt or not to speed. You never know.
I agree with your comments. Adults are so concerned with underage drinking that there is a debate going on to lower the drinking age to 18 years. Now, what a bunch of hypocrites.
just me

Concord, NC

#11 Aug 28, 2008
For a fact Tad was not drinking. Speeding maybe but drinking? This again is a bad covered story with the media playing up the false facts. I too know Tad was not drinking when this happend! Anyone who says he was is a complete liar!
Lil Ice

Charlotte, NC

#13 Aug 28, 2008
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The media loves to play up false facts. Whether it to be true or not , they should wait to get their facts straight , before putting peoples' lifes history out there. All they want is a good rating. We Got It Here First , See it on Channel 9. I believe you. But they could have taken his blood to prove this before they put it out there. But they do not wait. They want to be the first to get the tragic stories out.
I'm sorry for all you're going through. I know how tough it can be. And some people still will not believe you , even if it is proven.
The justice system can lie and sometimes get away with it. Just keep on blogging. Keep it alive, and Tad alive and get it out. Good luck. And God bless you.
Are you saying your son Brock Franklin, wasn't drunk when he killed two people? Tad may not have been drinking, but can you say the same. Don't forget Brock plead "no contest", if he was truly innoncent he probably wouldn't have done that. I guess he was afraid of what would happen with a jury trial, he may have gotten a stiffer sentence.
Lil Ice

Charlotte, NC

#15 Aug 28, 2008
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare you come on this thread, and talk about Brock, when this family is going through a ruff time. HOW F$$$ing dare you. You little twitch.
These people don't need to see your Shiat on here. They are grieving themselves. So shut you Fn! mouth.If you want to write about Brock , go to his thread. And leave these people alone.!!!
You are sooooo stupid, and ignorant, and a slob.
How dare you come on here and try to compare your situation to this one. Your son was a thug.
You talk about respect, look at the language you are using, and you're suppose to be a mother. Lack of respect for yourself and others!
Just me

Concord, NC

#16 Aug 28, 2008
Please take the other arguments elsewhere.

Tad was a good kid. His family means alot to me and my family. We ask that you do not clutter this thread with a bunch of bickering.

Thanks!
trey

Mooresville, NC

#18 Sep 23, 2008
Concerned about Youth wrote:
It is so hard to lose someone at such a young age. Maybe your friend can host seminars to let other teens know the consequences of speeding or having alcohol in the car. I am not saying tad was drinking, i am only going by what the article says that you have attached. I wish their family well and pray for all involved.
hey i didnt know tad but i did now daniel the other guy he was a good friend to me we both worked at the same job.I will miss him alot.
trey

Mooresville, NC

#19 Sep 23, 2008
tad and daniel was two good and funny guys and all his friends at hopewell will miss so very much but i dont like how some people are saying he was drinking that he desvered it.I am praying for the family and friends that know him.
NOBAMA

Statesville, NC

#20 Sep 23, 2008
This is tragic. Sorry for your famalies loss..
NOBAMA

Statesville, NC

#22 Sep 23, 2008
If it has been verified that they were drinking, please post link. The story said that this was unfonfirmed. None the less, respect this family.
blogger

Concord, NC

#23 Sep 23, 2008
He was not drinking. Beer was in the vehicle but it had been in there for a few weeks. The test came back with no alcohol in the blood.
the truth

Cornelius, NC

#25 Oct 7, 2008
NOBAMA wrote:
If it has been verified that they were drinking, please post link. The story said that this was unfonfirmed. None the less, respect this family.
It was actually confirmed that they were NOT drinking. I really have no idea where you got that info from hun. I was a good friend of Tad's and I am extremly close to his family and everything on this website is offensive to me so I'm going to pray that his family never sees it. First people are going on tangents talking about other accidents and saying things that are very hurtful to them. "Whatever" was just trying to console the people on here because they have been through a tragic event themselves. So how dare you "Lil Ice" disrespect not only Tads memory but someone elses also. Bottom line they were not drinking!
NOBAMA

Statesville, NC

#26 Oct 7, 2008
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It was actually confirmed that they were NOT drinking. I really have no idea where you got that info from hun. I was a good friend of Tad's and I am extremly close to his family and everything on this website is offensive to me so I'm going to pray that his family never sees it. First people are going on tangents talking about other accidents and saying things that are very hurtful to them. "Whatever" was just trying to console the people on here because they have been through a tragic event themselves. So how dare you "Lil Ice" disrespect not only Tads memory but someone elses also. Bottom line they were not drinking!
Sorry for the confusion, but if you read what i said, I was doubting that drinking was involved.
Lizet Flores-Chicago

United States

#27 Oct 12, 2008
Sorry for your loss. On January 31 my niece was killed on I-77 as well and it is devastating to see a young life dissappear. We never found what really happened other than there trailer tractors envolved. Again we feel your pain

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cornelius Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kevin Green - former CSD Administrator (May '14) Jun 12 Hopeful 6
Britt or Courtney Cummings (Apr '09) May '15 cheezit 3
News Is Gaston land still over-valued? May '15 High Pitch 2
Burn Boot Camp (Mar '14) May '15 Amy 53
brittany Robinson May '15 theshizzle 1
Parents and Police Fail to Keep Secret White Dr... May '15 Baker 2
age of strategy Apr '15 soccerguy 1
More from around the web

Cornelius People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE