Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Cornelius Forum

Comments (Page 1,817)

Showing posts 36,321 - 36,340 of54,829
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Itzwitchy

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, could these also be correct?
(used to call attention to some person or thing present, or to what the speaker has, offers, brings, or discovers): Here is your paycheck. My friend here knows the circumstances.
interjection
(often used to command attention, give comfort, etc.) now; all right: Here, let me try it. Here, don't cry.
Tsk. No. "Hear! Hear!" has a specific meaning as well as a history to go with it; you can find that exact phrase in Quotable Quotes. It is hardly the same as saying 'Here is your paycheck' or,'Here, take a tissue.' for crying out loud! When you misspell it as 'Here Here!' to convey the implication inherent in the properly spelled phrase? You are just misspelling it.

Strick 9

Porter, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

The Beast that screamed"Love"at the heart of the world.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am not. I dismiss everything you say as fast as I dismiss anything Rachel Madcow has to say.
Dude!! She would be a great match for you bro. Give her a call or email and line that shit up. You and her could have talks to whee hours of the morning arguing to the point to see who will have the last say.
Still can't come up with a rebuttal to my points?

Mike Du wrote:

<quoted text>Couldn't answer the charges again?
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Playing the victim card again?
They asked for the war in Iraq, but refuse to pay for it. Their greed caused the economic crisis, now they do not want to pay to fix it.
Keep playing the victim hypocrite

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't they Mike...Enlighten us all with your wisdom of bullshit.
Because we would not just hand it over. Not that they would ever ask for it as we are paying the interest rates that keep them happy.
Itzwitchy

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Actually? When the town criers in the British Isles and early Northeast America needed to garner townsfolks' attention? They'd mount a block in the square, begin ringing a big ole bell while proclaming 'Hear ye! Hear ye!

Didn't you guys take history somewhere down the line?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

TSF wrote:
When anyone makes the declaration that they have the legal "right" to kill me without a trial, indictment or even public hearing, I would be foolish not to question their reason for that declaration. Such action would be and the declaration itself is contrary to the US Constitution. From my perspective, any US citizen who does not question that declaration IS insane. I do not put that kind of trust in any man.
<quoted text>
So did you question them? I do not know when they said this or the context, so I cannot answer to the "whys". Maybe it was in context to a (un)civil uprising like the right wing keeps threatening.
The police can shoot you without a trial also. Depends upon the circumstances.
Strick 9

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Itzwitchy wrote:
Actually? When the town criers in the British Isles and early Northeast America needed to garner townsfolks' attention? They'd mount a block in the square, begin ringing a big ole bell while proclaming 'Hear ye! Hear ye!
Didn't you guys take history somewhere down the line?
History repeats itself.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Never claimed you were scared, but you have bought into the liberal's fear mongering of banning assault weapons and high capacity mags.
Actually, I am not really sold on that idea.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Not diverting from the point at all. The point was slavery and whether or not it was a choice. It was YOU who diverted the point to religion.
I have no idea what the topic was now.
But I stand by my statements. Slavery was not a choice and god makes demands that you worship him and him only, which is anti freedom of religion.
It goes against the freedom of choice of religion we enjoy in this free nation called America.
This is why the ten commandments should never be posted by the government.
waco tx

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Strick 9 wrote:
<quoted text> History repeats itself.
lol really

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
They keep advertising testosterone supplements for old dudes on TV.Do we really need a bunch of Old dudes running around, with testosterone coming out their ears? When has an abundance of testosterone EVER helped a man think more clearly? Now men can be just as dumb at eighty as they were at fifteen.
Well evolution did not need us to live as long as we wish to live. So we have artificially made products to prolong what nature gave us.
Testosterone is not just for sex. It helps maintain muscle that is needed for optimal health.
I have never used it, but I can see in advanced age someone may need it for a healthy life.

Not sure if the products on TV really boost testosterone though.
Strick 9

Porter, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

There's a pleasure sure, in being mad, THAT only MADMEN know.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>And if you believe that Obamadontcare is a good thing for this nation than its you that is dumber than dirt! Keep sucking the govt tit, eventually it WILL run dry....just as the Commucrats intended.
Well I certainly do not think it is a diabolical plan to destroy the nation.
I would prefer a government option.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF, I totally agree with your post. Mike, can't see the forest for the trees. He has bought into everything anyone with a (D) by their name says, including the POTUS and he actually believes them. His downfall will be putting his trust instead of his own well being into the hands of people that don't give two hoots in the wind about him. When the POTUS makes the comment that he can kill citizens of the country at will he has been elected to lead and someone like Mike doesn't give pause to such a remark, you've got to wonder if the guy is playing with a full deck.
Well the POTUS did not actually say it. But we know how your mind twists the facts.
waco tx

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Strick 9 wrote:
There's a pleasure sure, in being mad, THAT only MADMEN know.
dude we're all mad men

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro, Mike is a lost cause. If Obama says it, Mike believes it and there's no changing his mind. He puts his trust in Obama who can kill him at anytime, by Obama's own admission, but can't put trust in God. Go figure. He says he doesn't believe in a god, but his posts say differently. Obama is Mike's god.
Again, not by Obama's admission. Check your claims before you spew your lies. Obama is no god, and your god is no god.
Strick 9

Porter, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

There once was a man from Nantucket, who kept all his cash in a bucket, his wifes name was Nan, she ran off with a man, and as for the bucket, bitch took the damn thing.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Itzwitchy wrote:
OK....Let's try this again. Oh never mind. Suffice it to say this: There is no way on God's green earth you will ever compel me to accept 'Here! Here! as acceptable. It's not the evolution of the English language. It's spelling something incorrectly and then demanding it isn't. This isn't a debate regarding 'theatre vs. theater'.'Hear! Hear!''is synonymous to 'Listen to me! Listen to me!' or 'Hear me! Hear me!'. How does 'Here! Here!' translate to the same meaning?'My house! My house!'?'Starbucks! Starbucks!'?
The complaints among many here and 'there' are about the deliberate stupidity adopted by 'youse' in order to show solidarity with the other stupid people in America. You may as well argue that 'c-a-t' spells 'dog' but by all means? Do argue the point when you are dead wrong as long as others of your mindset agree to all agree to be dead wrong.
Is breá an domhan ar fad Obama agus ní féidir a thuiscint cad é an ifreann atá cearr le leat daoine. Tá mé tinn tuirseach agus an 'chiontacht trí chomhcheangal' a thabhairt duit do dhaoine chomh maith ...
Stick to Westerns. I know precious little about them. Really...
It's your birfday.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

emlu wrote:
Hey Itchy, would you agree that technology has changed language today. That different writing styles have become more acceptable, except in "formal" writing. Today people find it a waste of time to use "you" and now use "u". Your tirade about grammar on "here" tends to a little "outdated" for a on-line forum. It is a sad, that ANYONE, would "go abroad" and "have" to explain the grammar on a forum. I would think there would be better topics to discuss. I, myself, have been to several countries, never have I had to "explain" the grammar on Topix.
Using "U" in a text to a friend is one thing, but if you wish to be taken seriously on a forum of intellectual conversation it is not acceptable.
Not that most of the comments here are intellectual. Have a flat Coke.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Strick 9 wrote:
Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.
An eye for an eye.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 36,321 - 36,340 of54,829
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cornelius Discussions

Search the Cornelius Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mothers that leaves their children 3 hr Hazlehurst GrandMaMa 3
parking tickets 17 hr Sunny 3
looking for your confessions. (May '12) Jul 3 Barney Fife 66
Pop Warner football Jul 1 Gang Banger 5
which part of Huntersville? Jun 29 BluMonday001 2
Wreck victim Angela Flores-Hager left behind a ... (Feb '08) Jun 26 claire 29
Best-Kept Secrets: North Carolina&#x92;s southw... Jun 17 hummm 2
•••
•••