Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#33231 Jan 23, 2013
I would say people need to quit using bacon as a "whipping boy"and worry about their own selves.

“Vote”

Houston

#33232 Jan 23, 2013
Commenting on someones"morality"ha s the inherent danger of being horribly inaccurate, as no one knows what kind of life anyone else has lead.
Allen

Robbins, NC

#33233 Jan 23, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your story straight. My mom and dad took us to McDonalds and Tony's Ice Cream and my grandparents took us to restaurants. My grandfather came to this country made his money by hard work, no one gave him a pot to piss in or window to throw it out of and he figured the way to teach people to make their way was thru hard work. Although we "ragdolls" were not dressed as nicely as the other patrons in the restaurant, my grandfather was of the mindset that "it's not the clothes that makes the man but the man that makes the clothes." He wasn't ashamed of us. My grandparents were wealthy and worked hard to earn their wealth, and he figured if he could do it with a second grade education, people with a high school diploma surely could do far better than he did. In the words of TEW, he offered a hand up, not a hand out. My grandfather's idea of entitlements was you were entitled to what you worked to make and if you felt like you needed more, then work harder. Now go eat your beans and taters on the front porch.
I think you are angry because you did'nt get that hand out. Could'nt get government help because you came from wealth and the wealth you came from would'nt help you either. The picture of your grandfather that you have painted for me has miser written all over it.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#33234 Jan 23, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your story straight. My mom and dad took us to McDonalds and Tony's Ice Cream and my grandparents took us to restaurants. My grandfather came to this country made his money by hard work, no one gave him a pot to piss in or window to throw it out of and he figured the way to teach people to make their way was thru hard work. Although we "ragdolls" were not dressed as nicely as the other patrons in the restaurant, my grandfather was of the mindset that "it's not the clothes that makes the man but the man that makes the clothes." He wasn't ashamed of us. My grandparents were wealthy and worked hard to earn their wealth, and he figured if he could do it with a second grade education, people with a high school diploma surely could do far better than he did. In the words of TEW, he offered a hand up, not a hand out. My grandfather's idea of entitlements was you were entitled to what you worked to make and if you felt like you needed more, then work harder. Now go eat your beans and taters on the front porch.
I think anyone would agree with the "it's not the clothes that makes the man, but the man that makes the clothes". But this applies to adults....not your grandchildren, for heaven sake. A man who had the means to clothe his grandchildren in a better way and did not do so....just sounds odd to me.
Allen

Robbins, NC

#33235 Jan 23, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Commenting on someones"morality"ha s the inherent danger of being horribly inaccurate, as no one knows what kind of life anyone else has lead.
Come on Waco everyone here has been a "whipping boy" at some point or another. When a poster comes on here and paints a picture of themselves then should they not expect a response good or bad? No wonder Mike is reluctant to share his personal life, just look at the way Bacon treats him. And not to mention the way Sliver treats Arnold. It does'nt feel so good sometimes when the shoe is on the other foot.

“Vote”

Houston

#33236 Jan 23, 2013
Bacon I believe you are being purposely misunderstood, this happens frequently on Topix, when it devolves into character assassination and then into attacks on ones relatives.I know you aren't a liar Bacon.Pity people who need to go after other peoples relatives, who they've never met.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#33237 Jan 23, 2013
OK. I accept the definition you have given.. But how does any of that translate into proof that public schools are purposefully introducing communist subliminals into 5 th grade math lessons?
Just an observation: If I were intent on subliminally propagandizing acceptance of an idea into 5 th graders minds, I certainly would not use math as the vehicle because most 5 th graders meet math with a negative attitude.
Also noteworthy is the fact that independent publishers of written material design their material with sales in mind rather than the perpetuation of ideology. Pro failed to notice that the aurhor of his link had changed the name of the worksheet to reinforce his conspiratorial claims. So, I continue to throw the BS flag on the republikan idea that teaching math, science, reading and writig is a communist plot to poison the minds of our youth. I am alarmed at the example and fervor with which republikans tell lies and then begin to believe their own lie. This is a horrible example to anyone, especially republikan children. Republikans need not worry about commies ruining their children's minds, they are doing a great job themselves.
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
"Definition of REDISTRIBUTE
1: to alter the distribution of : reallocate
2: to spread to other areas
— re·dis·tri·bu·tion \(&#716;)r&#275;-& #716;dis-tr&#601;-&#71 2;byü-sh&#601;n\ noun
— re·dis·tri·bu·tion·al \-shn&#601;l,-sh&#601; -n&#601;l\ adjective
— re·dis·trib·u·tive \&#716;r&#275;-d&# 601;-&#712;stri-byü-tiv,-b y&#601;-\ adjective
Examples of REDISTRIBUTE
Unused federal funds will be redistributed to other states.
The government redistributed the land to the settlers.
First Known Use of REDISTRIBUTE
1611"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/red...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#33238 Jan 23, 2013
Family dynamics are different everywhere. Back in the day, people could be "land rich" and "money poor". That was the way, where I was raised. People had land, but worked like dogs to keep it. Of course in "town" it was a different story. It was a different kind of work.

“Vote”

Houston

#33239 Jan 23, 2013
I recall saying that bringing Arnolds mom into this forum was wrong.Bacons grandfather as well.

“Vote”

Houston

#33240 Jan 23, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Waco everyone here has been a "whipping boy" at some point or another. When a poster comes on here and paints a picture of themselves then should they not expect a response good or bad? No wonder Mike is reluctant to share his personal life, just look at the way Bacon treats him. And not to mention the way Sliver treats Arnold. It does'nt feel so good sometimes when the shoe is on the other foot.
You are self righteous.This is to be expected.I've been on this forum a lot longer than last May.Mike is no innocent babe.Bacon and Arnold had a blowout,a bad one, involving the use of relatives on forum. But, they got over it.Allen , your near constant criticism of Bacon is beginning to look like jealousy.Hate republicans? You have that right.By the way, are you signed in on Topix? Just curious.

“Vote”

Houston

#33241 Jan 23, 2013
Signing in on Topix indicates a serious poster.Not signing in, indicates a damn coward or a poser.

“Vote”

Houston

#33242 Jan 23, 2013
Which is why scum like Gail, don't sign in.

“Vote”

Houston

#33243 Jan 23, 2013
Allen is typical of the worst aspects of Topix.Personal attacks, and more personal attacks.Based on nothing but stupidity and small mindedness.I DIDN'T STUTTER DID I?
Allen

Robbins, NC

#33244 Jan 23, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You are self righteous.This is to be expected.I've been on this forum a lot longer than last May.Mike is no innocent babe.Bacon and Arnold had a blowout,a bad one, involving the use of relatives on forum. But, they got over it.Allen , your near constant criticism of Bacon is beginning to look like jealousy.Hate republicans? You have that right.By the way, are you signed in on Topix? Just curious.

Oh so you will call me self righteous but, pat Slver on the back. I have no reason to be jealous of Bacon or anyone else here. Hate republicans? No despise is more like it. Why does it matter to you if I am signed in or not?

“Vote”

Houston

#33245 Jan 23, 2013
Right now Allen is busy congratulating herself on what a great person she is.When she's done, its back to the business of being better than everybody else!
Allen

Robbins, NC

#33246 Jan 23, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Signing in on Topix indicates a serious poster.Not signing in, indicates a damn coward or a poser.
Signing in or not indicates nothing. I have never posed as anyone but myself. Can't help but notice how you call anyone who challenges Silver or Bacon a coward. Signing in or not is a choice. As I recall I mistakenly called you Gail once when you were'nt signed in.

“Vote”

Houston

#33247 Jan 23, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so you will call me self righteous but, pat Slver on the back. I have no reason to be jealous of Bacon or anyone else here. Hate republicans? No despise is more like it. Why does it matter to you if I am signed in or not?
You remind me of someone who used to post on here, another gutless scum who lived to hate.HATE is what you want, by damn hate is what you will have, enjoy it.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#33248 Jan 23, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are angry because you did'nt get that hand out. Could'nt get government help because you came from wealth and the wealth you came from would'nt help you either. The picture of your grandfather that you have painted for me has miser written all over it.
Allen, you're a pathetic excuse of a human being. That's the kindest thing I can say to you and about you. You may not have a lot of money, but take what little you have and buy yourself some dignity.

“Vote”

Houston

#33249 Jan 23, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Signing in or not indicates nothing. I have never posed as anyone but myself. Can't help but notice how you call anyone who challenges Silver or Bacon a coward. Signing in or not is a choice. As I recall I mistakenly called you Gail once when you were'nt signed in.
When my battery dies on this PHONE I use, it automatically signs me out.I didn't always know that.Why don't you seem to notice that you are constantly defending Mike?I hate bullies, Allen, and your are a bully.

“Vote”

Houston

#33250 Jan 23, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen, you're a pathetic excuse of a human being. That's the kindest thing I can say to you and about you. You may not have a lot of money, but take what little you have and buy yourself some dignity.
She knows not the meaning of the word"dignity".How I hate hypocrites!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cornelius Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kevin Green - former CSD Administrator (May '14) 17 hr Penny 12
News Jean E. Matthew Aug 18 Wanda Minkler 1
News Crime 15 mins ago 1:11 p.m.Four people charged ... Aug 17 Bonnie 2
Revival Aug 13 Pastor Anthony Pe... 1
Burn Boot Camp (Mar '14) Jul 31 Cola Gal 65
Pokemon Go Jul 31 Grow up 2
Loud Boom heard at 10:00 pm (Nov '08) Jul '16 Guest 12

Cornelius Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance