Pedestrian Killed in North Mecklenburg: Man with 2 prior DWIs a...

Full story: Charlotte.com

A man with two prior DWI convictions was arrested Sunday, accused of killing a pedestrian with a car in Cornelius, then driving away.
Comments
21 - 27 of 27 Comments Last updated Aug 11, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Citizen

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2007

This unlawful wretch should never be bonded or released or paroled for the rest of its life. Hopefully the prosecuters, juries and judges in Charlotte will have the decency to do the right thing for our society and keep it locked up forever.

“Internet Marketing and SEO NC”

Since: Dec 06

Huntersville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2007

Bloody clown
Dave S

Chantilly, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

Pat was my closest friend since I was in the 4th grade. He was such a good kid and a cannot remember ONE dull moment with him. He was always smiling. All the time. I am going to miss him dearly. As for Petrone. I think we should drop him in front of a big body luxury sedan and hurl it toward him at 80mph. He deserves the worst possible punishment. He was too stupid to learn his lesson the 1st 2-3 times. Worthless. This is so senseless. I never thought that this would happen to somebody this close to me. I was too used to just hearing about this kind of thing. and to the Gay family, We will always support you. I love you all (Tom, Pam, Chris, Eric) my heart goes out to you. Just keep them in your prayers, especially my brother Peter, who had to see it happen.
neighbor

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

I woke up that morning and saw that car parked in the parking lot of our apartment complex, I was in shock! no human being drunk or not drunk could possibly not realize what had happened by the damage done to that vehicle. That was parked perfectly in the parking spot between the lines!!!
To the family and friends of the young man killed my prayers are with you and to everyone who could support this animal! Think of your own children and would you want this man driving in your neighborhood around your children???
cracer

Front Royal, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2009

Feelings of sadness today for the Gay family and friends...hoping Petrone is still sober and feeling the pain as well....
DOPE OR DRINKING

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

OK I USED TO DRINK AND I USED TO SMOKE BUT NEITHER NO MORE, SO I ASK YOU HAVE YOUR EARS HEARD MAN/WOMEN CONVICTED OF MURDER DRIVING WHILE ON REEFER , OR HAVE YOU HEARD MAN/WOMEN ON MURDER CHARGES FOR DRINKING AND DRIVING, I PERSONALLY HAVE HEARD DRINKING A LOT MORE THAN REEFER
SO I ASK A QUESTION?? WHAT WOULD YOU RATHER BE LEGAL ALCOHOL OR REEFER ???? WHY IS IT NOT OR IS IT ?
what

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2009

SSS Cville Va wrote:
<quoted text>
"Revoked License" means they took his license after one of the prior convictions. And, he probably can't register a car either. So, he was driving a "friend's car" which means the car owner could be/should be held liable, too. Generally, you are legally responsible for illegal acts committed with your car if you gave permission to drive it. It will be interesting to see how that plays out because the guy with the new Cadiallac probably has money. Certainly a waiter a small bar-restaurant in Cornelius can't afford a Caddy.
you have a [point a BIG POINT!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cornelius Discussions

Search the Cornelius Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 4 min State of Florida 55,831
Leaders: I-77 expanding with toll lanes will ha... (May '11) 6 hr elsie 2
Mothers that leaves their children Jul 21 Scott-L 15
Burn Boot Camp Jul 18 Bootcampett 50
nurse works at prison Jul 15 Scott-L 2
Little Otter Jul 13 Leanne 12
parking tickets Jul 13 Kayla 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cornelius Jobs

•••