One-tank trip: Cornelia

Feb 19, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Tucked away in the foothills of northeast Georgia, Cornelia was nothing but rolling farmland for centuries.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Nicholas Romano Thoughts

Clarkesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2009

I have seen an increase in litter everywhere, what's up with this? If the local police Departments need revenue here you are. When our area was smaller we had a better sense of pride. Also I think that Georgia needs to build an oil refinery on the coast to support our states needs, not more taxes. If the Federal Government keeps up with their double dipping I think succession might be a good idea.
GA visitor

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2009

I agree, I've seen an increase in litter, I've seen rednecks throwing rubbish form the truck window. take the truck off them would be my decision, make them pick up trash for a month at 4 bucks an hour, maybe, just maybe they will think again before throwing junk.
Barry

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Have you driven from Cornelia to Athens down 411 there. You can practically coast the whole way.

“I am listening.......”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Barry wrote:
Have you driven from Cornelia to Athens down 411 there. You can practically coast the whole way.
Be careful there! The problem is that you easily coast faster than the speed limit. Ticket issuance is plentiful on that stretch!

“I am listening.......”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

GA visitor wrote:
I agree, I've seen an increase in litter, I've seen rednecks throwing rubbish form the truck window. take the truck off them would be my decision, make them pick up trash for a month at 4 bucks an hour, maybe, just maybe they will think again before throwing junk.
Don't pay them a penny!! Several times a month my children and I cover a 5 mile radius around our home territory picking up trash which WE didn't throw out. I'm not even on a main highway!!

We aren't ALL rednecks up here!
Barry

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

You are right Maria. Baldwin is waiting for you on the first stretch and I am sure others too. Still you can save gas on that trip even if you tap the breaks a little.
LaQueebia Chartroose

Covington, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

who would goes to cornelia. I likes don cornelius tho

“I am listening.......”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

LaQueebia Chartroose wrote:
who would goes to cornelia. I likes don cornelius tho
LaQueebia, you MUST go to Cornelia to see the Big Red Apple. lol OK, maybe not. Just look at it here and your work is done......

http://www.notduck.com/images08/ga_corneliaap...
British Squaddie

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

Maria Antonia wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't pay them a penny!! Several times a month my children and I cover a 5 mile radius around our home territory picking up trash which WE didn't throw out. I'm not even on a main highway!!
We aren't ALL rednecks up here!
I did NOT say that everyone was a redneck,(my brother in law lives in Lula) just that I had seen A redneck throw trash out of the vehicle

“I am listening.......”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

British Squaddie wrote:
<quoted text>I did NOT say that everyone was a redneck,(my brother in law lives in Lula) just that I had seen A redneck throw trash out of the vehicle
No need to be sensitive about it.....if you have been to Lula, you no doubt have seen at least one redneck, but you did say redneckS so I didn't know how many you thought there were here.

I'm wondering if Squaddie means the same thing to you as it does to me?? lol
British Squaddie

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

Maria Antonia wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to be sensitive about it.....if you have been to Lula, you no doubt have seen at least one redneck, but you did say redneckS so I didn't know how many you thought there were here.
I'm wondering if Squaddie means the same thing to you as it does to me?? lol
Just to clarify, yes I have been to LULA on many occasions. And yes I have seen a few RN's...By the way a Squaddie in the UK is a member of the British Armed Forces.

“I am listening.......”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

British Squaddie wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to clarify, yes I have been to LULA on many occasions. And yes I have seen a few RN's...By the way a Squaddie in the UK is a member of the British Armed Forces.
I spend a great deal of time around youth. Here a squaddie would be a member of the military who thinks they are god's gift to women. Sorry I giggled.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Cornelia News Video

•••
•••

Cornelia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cornelia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE