dld09

United States

#1 Sep 21, 2009
Does anyone think that it is odd that me. Higgins has his hand in so many local pots? He buys trucks and sells them to the city. He leases buildings to the city. His family bids local construction contracts and gets them. Why? Because of a clause giving partial treatment to the local contractors. Just wondering?
Luckeeone

Young Harris, GA

#2 Oct 10, 2009
dld09 wrote:
Does anyone think that it is odd that me. Higgins has his hand in so many local pots? He buys trucks and sells them to the city. He leases buildings to the city. His family bids local construction contracts and gets them. Why? Because of a clause giving partial treatment to the local contractors. Just wondering?
CROOK with a capital C...
dld09

United States

#3 Oct 15, 2009
Who will stand up to him?
Curious in Alto

AOL

#4 Oct 18, 2009
So what else is old news!!!!!!
JM Clarkesville GA

Cleveland, GA

#5 Jan 12, 2010
Don Higgins does not pay his bills. I just wonder how many business have outstanding bills of his. If you have not been paid for services rendered, please comment. How can someone like him operate in a small county like Habersham?
local

Jefferson, GA

#6 Jun 21, 2010
You need to ask more...
why does he own buildings and then lease them to the city
why does he get preferential treatment in business dealings
why does he buy cars and then sell them to the city for a profit.

YOU GUYS NEED TO DO SOMETHING> I am a Toccoa resident can only fuss about it!
CommerceD

Commerce, GA

#7 Feb 3, 2011
Higgins is a piece of work. I wonder how many people really like the guy. Always has to get his way, He'll get whats coming to him soon enough.
Cornelia Peep

Cleveland, GA

#8 Jul 22, 2012
Now he's running for school board 2012. He won't hire people who are worthy unless they are thin. He has his hands into too much locally, and there are tons of people in Cornelia who think he is a "snake in the grass". Nice reputation!
fed up

Cleveland, GA

#9 Jan 26, 2013
Cornelia Peep wrote:
Now he's running for school board 2012. He won't hire people who are worthy unless they are thin. He has his hands into too much locally, and there are tons of people in Cornelia who think he is a "snake in the grass". Nice reputation!
Actually, it was Don's son who ran for school board. I'm sure he lost due to the reputation of the family name. Don is the biggest hypocrite and crook I've ever met. He's all about the money. After sitting in church on Sundays, you'd think he'd learn that he can't take it with him.
local

Commerce, GA

#10 May 24, 2013
don higgins never gives his renters their security deoosit back! i rented an apartment from him with a years lease! moved out after 13mths gave 2 week notice,cleaned apt,cleaned carpets,no damage,cleaned refiderator,apt was cleaner than when i moved in.still no deposit given back!crook cant describe this guy!
habersham resident

United States

#11 Apr 12, 2014
Don Higgins has been such a disservice to Habersham County residents. Those that own homes here are at the mercy of a man who does not care how his tenants keep the area. When I report an issue to him he states "its a civil matter". As a landlord he is ultimately responsible to ensure that his gain is not causing the home values to decrease for the surrounding home owners. HE SHOULD BE ASHAMED!

Since: Apr 14

United States

#13 Apr 12, 2014
fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it was Don's son who ran for school board. I'm sure he lost due to the reputation of the family name. Don is the biggest hypocrite and crook I've ever met. He's all about the money. After sitting in church on Sundays, you'd think he'd learn that he can't take it with him.
He feels he is 'untouchable' and controls Habersham County. Such a shame.

Since: Apr 14

United States

#14 Apr 12, 2014
dld09 wrote:
Who will stand up to him?
there will come a day when he has to stand before God; then he will get what he so deserves for wronging so many Habersham residents.
local business ownef

Cleveland, GA

#15 Jul 16, 2014
Higgins Realty located in Cornelia Georgia, to rent a storage unit from their company. I was quickly dismissed and given a credit application to rent a storage building. I was told I had to fill it out to be able to even look at their storage unit.I found it to be quite awkward as I didn't want to store in a chemicals or anything that I shouldn't just near equipment that I use for my business.I only needed the storage building for a couple of months due to transitioning between buildings.undertaking the application home I let my girlfriend review it. As it seems weird they need a credit check for me to rent a storage unit. She went back the next day to rent a storage unit Unbeknownst as who she was and was asked if she was with that guy that came in yesterday. to cut things short we were both cut off Cobra even at our attempt at being polite and nice. I figured that my money must not be good to him or he has bad business ethics I refuse to be ignored I work hard for my money just as anyone else and I refuse to be treated horribly just because I'm younger. I really think this guy should learn how to practice business I've seen this place is Betty rent and generally speaking there in horrible shape if he's doing credit checks you should also be doing maintenance

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cornelia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Renee D. J. 23 hr Lost in time 1
News Drug Warriors Who Burned a Toddler Will Give $1... Apr 23 Jake_S 3
News Lula Railroad Days (May '08) Apr 12 Dan A Hayes 4
water bill Feb '15 zgsmom 1
Unidentified burn victim flown for care after F... Feb '15 I WONT TELL 2
News Infant burned after SWAT team throws grenade in... (May '14) Jan '15 Drug War Scam 9
News NGTC Excellence in Teaching award nominees; oth... Jan '15 redimix 15
More from around the web

Cornelia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]