Alcorn county residents

Posted in the Corinth Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 19, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Since you were not allowed a say in the liquor vote I propose you take as much of your business outside of the city as possible. Show them just how much your tax dollars count in the city. Buy as much gas as you can outside of the county. Buy everything you possibly can from somewhere other than inside the city limits of Corinth even if it means another town.
ToxicTwins

Corinth, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 19, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Bob wrote:
Since you were not allowed a say in the liquor vote I propose you take as much of your business outside of the city as possible. Show them just how much your tax dollars count in the city. Buy as much gas as you can outside of the county. Buy everything you possibly can from somewhere other than inside the city limits of Corinth even if it means another town.
Tell us your concept, Bob. How will that help anything? That will only cause you to become more cash dependent because of your excessive driving.
Bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

ToxicTwins wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us your concept, Bob. How will that help anything? That will only cause you to become more cash dependent because of your excessive driving.
The city will lose tax dollars if people will actually do it. I guarantee the county residents put as much if not more money into Corinth as the city residents but yet they were not considered important enough to cast a vote on an issue that also affects them
Okie dokie

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Sounds good to me
Okie dokie

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Bob wrote:
Since you were not allowed a say in the liquor vote I propose you take as much of your business outside of the city as possible. Show them just how much your tax dollars count in the city. Buy as much gas as you can outside of the county. Buy everything you possibly can from somewhere other than inside the city limits of Corinth even if it means another town.
I did my part today. Waited till I got out of Corinth to buy gas and snacks
unknown

New Albany, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 19, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
The city will lose tax dollars if people will actually do it. I guarantee the county residents put as much if not more money into Corinth as the city residents but yet they were not considered important enough to cast a vote on an issue that also affects them
That would be a great idea - then maybe we could start making them pay city taxes, too! If they want a say then they ned to pay the taxes. We in the city pay city AND county taxes. People out in the county only pay county taxes. If they want in on the vote, we will gladly let them when they pay their dues to the city.
93 king

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Bob wrote:
Since you were not allowed a say in the liquor vote I propose you take as much of your business outside of the city as possible. Show them just how much your tax dollars count in the city. Buy as much gas as you can outside of the county. Buy everything you possibly can from somewhere other than inside the city limits of Corinth even if it means another town.
Bob...... I only have one statement for you. You, my friend, are a dipshidiot.
just sayin

Corinth, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

unknown wrote:
<quoted text>That would be a great idea - then maybe we could start making them pay city taxes, too! If they want a say then they ned to pay the taxes. We in the city pay city AND county taxes. People out in the county only pay county taxes. If they want in on the vote, we will gladly let them when they pay their dues to the city.
You are most definitely right!! They wouldn't know what to think if they were paying both city and county taxes!
Okie dokie

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be a great idea - then maybe we could start making them pay city taxes, too! If they want a say then they ned to pay the taxes. We in the city pay city AND county taxes. People out in the county only pay county taxes. If they want in on the vote, we will gladly let them when they pay their dues to the city.
They do pay city taxes. Everytime they go to Walmart or McDonald's or the gas station. Anytime they purchase within the city limits they pay city taxes
get real

Pontotoc, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Okie dokie wrote:
<quoted text>
They do pay city taxes. Everytime they go to Walmart or McDonald's or the gas station. Anytime they purchase within the city limits they pay city taxes
Those are state sales tax not city taxes.
Okie dokie

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

get real wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are state sales tax not city taxes.
Then what about all the tax dollars liquor is supposed to bring in?
get real

Pontotoc, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 20, 2012
 
Okie dokie wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what about all the tax dollars liquor is supposed to bring in?
Sales of any extra product including liquor will mean more taxes are being payed. Can you not get that?
spooner

Philadelphia, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 20, 2012
 
Bob wrote:
Since you were not allowed a say in the liquor vote I propose you take as much of your business outside of the city as possible. Show them just how much your tax dollars count in the city. Buy as much gas as you can outside of the county. Buy everything you possibly can from somewhere other than inside the city limits of Corinth even if it means another town.
Bob, what if a person owns a business in the city, and lives in the county, as I do?
Okie dokie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 20, 2012
 
get real wrote:
<quoted text>
Sales of any extra product including liquor will mean more taxes are being payed. Can you not get that?
But you just said they were state sales tax
get real

Pontotoc, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 20, 2012
 
Okie dokie wrote:
<quoted text>
But you just said they were state sales tax
which come back to the city
Kayla

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 21, 2012
 
In 2005 county and city voted on this matter and it wasn't voted in so therefore county did have a say and kept it out so they made it city only this time to bring it back in after it being out for 23 years so no I'm not wastin time gas or anything to go outside of te town which I live in to pay some shity taxes elsewhere to support a town which I do not live in... You are insane.... Why not pay taxes where you live to keep the money in ur town to possibly get some improvements maybe even on the roads.... It's the smartest thing... I live in the county and wanted liquor in which I wasn't able to vote but Because of that doesn't mean I'm stupid enough to leave town and pay somewhere else to benefit from it... County had there chance in 2005 and blew it so don't bitxh about it now
Okie dokie

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 21, 2012
 
get real wrote:
<quoted text>
which come back to the city
Ok then the tax dollars I spend outside the city limits do not go back into the city
Okie dokie

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 21, 2012
 
Kayla wrote:
In 2005 county and city voted on this matter and it wasn't voted in so therefore county did have a say and kept it out so they made it city only this time to bring it back in after it being out for 23 years so no I'm not wastin time gas or anything to go outside of te town which I live in to pay some shity taxes elsewhere to support a town which I do not live in... You are insane.... Why not pay taxes where you live to keep the money in ur town to possibly get some improvements maybe even on the roads.... It's the smartest thing... I live in the county and wanted liquor in which I wasn't able to vote but Because of that doesn't mean I'm stupid enough to leave town and pay somewhere else to benefit from it... County had there chance in 2005 and blew it so don't bitxh about it now
O so when you don't get your way by doing things the right way then you just remake the rules so that you can get your way.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 22, 2012
 
Bob wrote:
Since you were not allowed a say in the liquor vote I propose you take as much of your business outside of the city as possible. Show them just how much your tax dollars count in the city. Buy as much gas as you can outside of the county. Buy everything you possibly can from somewhere other than inside the city limits of Corinth even if it means another town.
If people did this, it would take less then a week or so , for the city to give into the wishes of the county.
people dont do things like this anymore , but could be a great idea. plus you could easily find the businesses that voted no , and support them.

I see many post about paying city taxes.
they forget just why they pay ciry taxes.

it dont take a cop 30 mins to get to your house ,when you need them.
neither any other mergency service.
schools , post office , everything is much closer.

I doubt it will happen , and would only make the county look like the city.
with there I did'nt get my way , so I will leave out the ones against me ;)
good post though folks.
something for me to consider , since I live one mile in TN , and spend 95% in corinth.
I trulywill be effected by this.
Okie dokie

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 22, 2012
 
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
If people did this, it would take less then a week or so , for the city to give into the wishes of the county.
people dont do things like this anymore , but could be a great idea. plus you could easily find the businesses that voted no , and support them.
I see many post about paying city taxes.
they forget just why they pay ciry taxes.
it dont take a cop 30 mins to get to your house ,when you need them.
neither any other mergency service.
schools , post office , everything is much closer.
I doubt it will happen , and would only make the county look like the city.
with there I did'nt get my way , so I will leave out the ones against me ;)
good post though folks.
something for me to consider , since I live one mile in TN , and spend 95% in corinth.
I trulywill be effected by this.
It won't happen cause people are too lazy to stand up for what they believe in. They just sit back and let it happen

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Corinth Forum right now

Search the Corinth Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
police cheif election? who will it be? 11 min say it 73
Spooner 34 min Juju Beans 181
Hannah and brad (May '12) 40 min Jac 40
Nathan Knight arrested again for Meth 1 hr Big Mike 10
lisa southern 1 hr Lisa Gray Southern 2
amber lynn peters 1 hr the aunt of the babby 8
Dr. Frasier 2 hr truth 14
•••
•••
•••
Corinth Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Corinth Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Corinth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••