when is the lighthouse toy drive sign...

when is the lighthouse toy drive sign up?

Posted in the Corinth Forum

need to know

Starkville, MS

#1 Nov 12, 2012
I saw the angel tree signup in the newspaper but haven't seen anything about the lighthouse. Have I missed it?
just me

Corinth, MS

#2 Nov 12, 2012
The lighthouse is doing their sign up now. Monday, tuesday and thursday from 9-12. I think thursday the 15th is the last day.
Just Saying

Duluth, GA

#3 Nov 12, 2012
If Presidential Candiate Mitt Romney would have won programs like this would have no longer existed and I know this program help those people who are less fortunate. That's one great thing about Obama he was for programs like this.
Lillee

Corinth, MS

#4 Nov 12, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
If Presidential Candiate Mitt Romney would have won programs like this would have no longer existed and I know this program help those people who are less fortunate. That's one great thing about Obama he was for programs like this.
These programs have been going on because of the wonderful people of this community supporting them. It has nothing to do with who the president is...just sayin'!!! Idiot.
iguessso

Blue Springs, MS

#5 Nov 12, 2012
I do wish they would monitor this more between the angel tree, lighthouse and others so that no family could get from more than one place allowing others to get items too but I will happily donate to the lighthouse at least
LoL

United States

#6 Nov 12, 2012
iguessso wrote:
I do wish they would monitor this more between the angel tree, lighthouse and others so that no family could get from more than one place allowing others to get items too but I will happily donate to the lighthouse at least

You are right about the programs need to monitor this. I worked with a man that his daughter got from every charitable place he could get things from. Plus the school she attents have him stuff for her, she had a great Christmas. " FREE " while he spent his money on cigs, beer, & pot. Then laughed about it.
Just Saying

Duluth, GA

#7 Nov 13, 2012
Lillee have you ever heard of federal grants? Trust me you can google the information yourself idiot. The government awards 501c organizations like this with tax breaks, tax cuts, and with free grants and money. Do the community help? Sure, I'm quite sure you have rich republicans trying to help the poor lol. By the ways that's their motto: Hey let's help the poor and needy. So to be frank it's not them that's helping it's the federal government program that was put it place something that I know for a fact people in DC wanted to cut the budget for. Learn your history and you might be able to move FORWARD in 2013.
santa is poor

United States

#8 Nov 13, 2012
What are the requirements to be able to do this? My better half passed this past year. I wasn't prepared. I do work, but every penny goes for rent and groceries!! He left behind two wonderful children. The youngest still believes in Santa, the oldest knows. He's 12. He told me he no longer needs Christmas presents. He just wants his little sister to feel the magic. So does anyone know more about the rules??
need to know

Starkville, MS

#9 Nov 13, 2012
It is fact that a person cannot receive help from both angel tree and lighthouse. Angel tree allows an individual to pick a child and buy for them. One of my children didn't get picked last year so they got things that had been donated to salvation army. They were all new and wonderful toys but my other child was picked and she received "more" and it was more age appropriate since an individual picked the gifts. I would like to try light house this year since they will allow a parent to go through the "toy store" of donated items and let them pick out an item. Both are amazing programs and I hope to be on my feet enough to be able to "adopt" a child next year but at this point I am just not financially able to do so for my own children.
Mama Dawg

Duluth, GA

#10 Nov 13, 2012
There are really no "requirements" all that is necessary is to begin need, it is a wonderful program!!
santa is poor

United States

#11 Nov 13, 2012
Mama Dawg wrote:
There are really no "requirements" all that is necessary is to begin need, it is a wonderful program!!
thank you. I think I will look into it. When he passed that's where we took a lot of his stuff. I never thought I'd be asking anyone to return the favor. So to speak. It's been a really hard year. I just don't want my children to be disappointed again. Although, they are very understanding kids. They do deserve to have presents under the tree. Thanks again. Maybe, I can quit worrying so much!!!
Goldielocks

Corinth, MS

#12 Nov 13, 2012
LoL wrote:
<quoted text>.
You are right about the programs need to monitor this. I worked with a man that his daughter got from every charitable place he could get things from. Plus the school she attents have him stuff for her, she had a great Christmas. " FREE " while he spent his money on cigs, beer, & pot. Then laughed about it.
This is sad but true...Thats whats wrong with everyone today..They just wanna mate but never think past that, Such as a selfish person may be their childs mama or daddy, its all about them. And a lot of those people continue 2 be "all about them" thru out their childs life. Then u have some who do think past the sex but only for selfish reasons, such as trying to trap their partner or how can I use this child to get what I want from others. Some people are just not right in their thinking and I often see this as a cycle..Their parents may have been 1 of those 2...It disgust me! But I always try 2 remember that it is not the childs fault and I thank God that there are others who do think about their children 4 them..The world would be an even sadder place w/o peole like that..And the only hope we do have of every breaking this cycle is by showing them that just b/c one person doesnt care 4 them doesnt mean we all dont...Children do not ask for such selfish things to happen 2 them..Some people are strong and will over come their childhoods and try 2 do better but some people are weak and it has right the opposite effect...But either way it all starts with us, the adults....And I hope every child has a wonderful holiday and if I can do anything 2 make sure that happens, I will....
Mama Dawg

Duluth, GA

#13 Nov 13, 2012
That was very touching that ur 12 yr old wanted his little sister to have gifts instead of him. But actually the age limit believe it or not is 18!! So he's in luck too!! You go in and pick 4 gifts for each of them!! Good Luck and God Bless!!
hohoho

Atmore, AL

#14 Nov 14, 2012
dont worry your still on list from last year,chill out. santa is coming to town
only asking

United States

#15 Nov 15, 2012
Are the toys new or used ??
signed up before

United States

#16 Nov 15, 2012
only asking wrote:
Are the toys new or used ??
New!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corinth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
closing rienzi elementary and Biggersville and ... 1 hr Keep good schools... 102
Curtis Brawner In Hiding 3 hr MAC 4
What happened to Brian Feazell 5 hr YepYep 12
Woody and tae (who shot them) 5 hr truth 28
News Corinth mayor wants sales tax vote for infrastr... 6 hr truth 4
what's the best fertility pill to get pregnant (Jan '13) 6 hr Chareunrath 25
drug stop 6 hr No suprize 34
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corinth Mortgages