First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Devilsbrew

Frisco, TX

#1 Jun 19, 2010
Does anyone know when there will be another liquor vote? I'm tired of going out of town for my liquor.
Buddy

Columbia, MS

#2 Jun 19, 2010
It does not matter when the next Vote is!
I say this because if the County is allowed to Vote on it the winning Vote will be no!
The City needs to Vote without the County like they did on the Beer vote. The biggest no vote comes from the County folks.

I also agree it would be nice to note have to go to the Bama line or Tn Line or Lee County to get some fine Wine or Good Whiskey. It would draw more tax money and good place's to eat to Corinth. Place's such as Olive Garden,Outback ect will never come here as long as the law stands as it is. Simply because a big part of there money making is Wine,Wiskey....
Margo

Columbia, MS

#3 Jun 19, 2010
I would love to have Liquor in Corinth. That would mean more than 2 sit down resteraunts to eat besides fast food.
I would love to see an Olive Garden,Outback Chili's come here. That will never happen as long as the keep voting no on liquor! I say this becase a big part or the places mentioned make a big part of there money from this.
A large portion of the people who always vote no can not see this. They are perfectly happy eating at the same dull sit down resteraunt ever week.
They also dont care about the tax revenue going to other Countys. If people want liquor they will get it ,so why not sell it here. I can not count the money, I have spent in Tupelo,MS ,Jackson,TN, Florence,AL eating out at the above resteraunts. Simply because I can not get a simple glass of wine or a mixed drink to go with my food.
Time For Change

Corinth, MS

#4 Jun 19, 2010
Some interesting thoughts on the subject of liquor in Corinth can be found on this forum.

IMPROVEMENTS THAT DON'T COST MONEY
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/corinth-ms/T7...
Nicole

Corinth, MS

#5 Jun 20, 2010
We need liquor in Corinth. It would help us out so much. Look at how many places, restaurants, etc..that have closed down in Corinth in the last 2 years. And now we are looking at all the monetary damage from the flood with the potential of a few more places not to re-open. If we had liquor, at least we could have some decent restaurants come in. The only thing about the restaurants is, there has to be a certain population and economic value for some of the larger chains to come in and I don't know if we meet those numbers.
Random

Pontotoc, MS

#6 Jun 21, 2010
We do meet those specifications, Nicole. When the issue was up for vote last time, The Olive Garden and Chilis were locked and loaded to build. But since the law didn't pass, they passed on us.
Grace-Ann

AOL

#7 Jun 21, 2010
Why is the County allowed to vote with city elections? No other cities, allow this to take place, only in Corinth. Because the Churches Rule Corinth. Separation of Church abd State. I'M a Christian. I see Deacons buying liquor at the stateline, so what! Taxes are needed for future growth in Corinth...Revenue that is lost to Ala, Tenn and Tupelo is Bad Business, People!
ward

San Mateo, CA

#8 Jun 22, 2010
I had heard we would have a liquor election maybe in he fall, with just the city voting, which is the way it should be anyway. Then it would pass.
Nicole

Corinth, MS

#9 Jun 22, 2010
Random wrote:
We do meet those specifications, Nicole. When the issue was up for vote last time, The Olive Garden and Chilis were locked and loaded to build. But since the law didn't pass, they passed on us.
Really? I didn't know if we met the numbers or not. Thanks! Corinth does a lot of things backward. If we do get a vote, people really need to wake-up and see what kind of situation Corinth is in right now. People say that the churches are against the vote, if this is true then they should wake up too. Im a christian and attend church every Sunday. I don't drink. But I am smart enough to know that by bringing in these restaurants, it could really help Corinth out! When I go to the Olive Garden to have dinner with my family, I am not offended by the couple sitting next to me having a glass a wine. I am a christian and I am confident enough in my own self to know who I am. Just because we have a restaurant with liquor, doesnt mean I'm gonna be tempted to drink. We have gas stations with beer, and I never find myself having to fight the urge from getting a six-pack, when I go into pay for my gas. LOL!
John_B

Corinth, MS

#10 Jun 22, 2010
Somebody correct me if I am wrong. I am not a big Bible scholar. I don't believe it says anything in the bible against drinking. It talks about Jesus turning the water into wine. It also speaks of the drunk man. Being drunk would normally be caused by the over indulgence of alcohol. It also speaks about gluttony, which would be the over indulgence of food. If this is the case, Corinth may start looking into making it illegal for all of the large portions of food. I think liquor should be approved in at least the city of Corinth. I am not against it. I too like the occasional drink of a wine or other spirit. When I have to go buy a bottle or two, I have to go out of state to get it. Wake up folks! Let's get some tax dollars flowing in Alcorn County!
Ol Roy

Kilmichael, MS

#11 Jun 26, 2010
I'm on board. I don't even drink, but I would vote to have liquor in just so we can get some better restaraunts around here. I am tired of fast food places. I want to see some nice sit down take the family out type of places come in.
stepchild

Ripley, MS

#12 Jun 27, 2010
NO WE DO NOT NEED LIQUOR!!! and the reason they closed was for poor business or to high prices for corinth to pay! and i do NOT shop in down town corinth for any reason. locals trying to get rich - quick on high prices! that we can get else ware! if you want to make money.. fix it where common folks can afford it! if not take it to another town!

NO
Nicole wrote:
We need liquor in Corinth. It would help us out so much. Look at how many places, restaurants, etc..that have closed down in Corinth in the last 2 years. And now we are looking at all the monetary damage from the flood with the potential of a few more places not to re-open. If we had liquor, at least we could have some decent restaurants come in. The only thing about the restaurants is, there has to be a certain population and economic value for some of the larger chains to come in and I don't know if we meet those numbers.
stepchild

Ripley, MS

#13 Jun 27, 2010
well if it was in corinth, you would have no place to go eat or bit$h about! and i like my local sober places to eat!
Margo wrote:
I would love to have Liquor in Corinth. That would mean more than 2 sit down resteraunts to eat besides fast food.
I would love to see an Olive Garden,Outback Chili's come here. That will never happen as long as the keep voting no on liquor! I say this becase a big part or the places mentioned make a big part of there money from this.
A large portion of the people who always vote no can not see this. They are perfectly happy eating at the same dull sit down resteraunt ever week.
They also dont care about the tax revenue going to other Countys. If people want liquor they will get it ,so why not sell it here. I can not count the money, I have spent in Tupelo,MS ,Jackson,TN, Florence,AL eating out at the above resteraunts. Simply because I can not get a simple glass of wine or a mixed drink to go with my food.
connie

AOL

#14 Jun 27, 2010
stepchild wrote:
NO WE DO NOT NEED LIQUOR!!! and the reason they closed was for poor business or to high prices for corinth to pay! and i do NOT shop in down town corinth for any reason. locals trying to get rich - quick on high prices! that we can get else ware! if you want to make money.. fix it where common folks can afford it! if not take it to another town!
NO <quoted text>
You are the Very Reason, we don't have liquor here! Brain-washed. I will bet any amount of money $$$ You are over weight or fat! Buffet Queen, eat your heart out! What the hell is this common folk-crap? You Need to Stay in Your Cave! Non
assimilating citizen.Shop Corinth First! Keep our money here in Corinth! More tax revenue, means...Improvement for our streets, education-which you seem to lack? More Jobs and further growth for this town, that is already behind the time, compared to other cities in Mississippi! You are censoring my right to purchase alcohol or a drink at dinner. Do you smoke? I have to breathe your smoke in a restaurant and I don't Smoke! I HATE Cigarettes...
I'm breathing in smoke and receiveing 2nd hand smoke, that is damaging my lungs. I'm not asking you to buy booze! People, are not force feeding you a drink,like me who has to breathe a room full of cigarette smoke. Get my freakin point? Over eating is Gross and offends me! I don't protest buffets and fat people, eating every item on a buffet line...Not supporting folks in Corinth is Wrong! Your logic is not justifiable! Keep your fat ass out of Walmart, buying crap you don't need, would give you the money to make real purchases at downtown merchants! Quality, Not Quanity...Downtown is trying to create varity for out of town quest, who are use to makling unique and quality gift items, not junk! Sets an example of other cities with class ans taste. Think outside the box/cave
connie

AOL

#15 Jun 27, 2010
oops, didn't spell check. Any way, trying to make a point, towards this stupid post, made by stepchild. We must support our town. Over-indulgence with anything is just as bad or harmful.
Censor crap is wrong. Up to the individual and that is my chosen right!
connie

AOL

#16 Jun 27, 2010
stepchild wrote:
well if it was in corinth, you would have no place to go eat or bit$h about! and i like my local sober places to eat!
<quoted text>
Don't eat=dine at the restaurants that serve liquor. Go to the dinner belle or hardee's??? Forgot, you Would Not be dining at the better restaurants anyway? Prices, would be too high and not catering to the common folk. Not a Problem!
You go eat at the buffet places and the rest of us, that enjoy dining, not eating tons of food, will enjoy our dining experience and our glass of red wine, that is great for our heart! Let see, mega fat and grease=Equals a long and healthy life??? I forgot, its quanity and not quality that counts? No need to support quality restaurants, they are too over priced for common folks. I would consider myself common person, who likes the finer things in life!
Ol Roy

Kilmichael, MS

#17 Jun 27, 2010
It is amazing how people say we don't need liquor. How can someone say that in a free country? Corinth should be able to sell liquor and Corinth,Alcorn County could definately use the tax money. It's amazing how some people say we don't need liquor. What if someone were to tell you that you do not "need" to attend another church service? This isn't communist Russia.
stepchild

Ripley, MS

#18 Jun 27, 2010
who in the crap said i was over weight? i do not eat buffet anywhere except 1 place out of town. sometimes dinner bell-fish. enjoy our cooked out steaks and ribs the best. love outback! and i also HATE cigaret smoke!
and if the shops in town are for out of towners, let it be. tax money? the only reason the roads are being worked on now is because it is election time. and you know that!
connie wrote:
<quoted text>Don't eat=dine at the restaurants that serve liquor. Go to the dinner belle or hardee's??? Forgot, you Would Not be dining at the better restaurants anyway? Prices, would be too high and not catering to the common folk. Not a Problem!
You go eat at the buffet places and the rest of us, that enjoy dining, not eating tons of food, will enjoy our dining experience and our glass of red wine, that is great for our heart! Let see, mega fat and grease=Equals a long and healthy life??? I forgot, its quanity and not quality that counts? No need to support quality restaurants, they are too over priced for common folks. I would consider myself common person, who likes the finer things in life!
stepchild

Ripley, MS

#19 Jun 27, 2010
and i am lovin the phrase "buffet queen" that is a good one. all drunks want "tax" money. where can you go around here and smoke at dinner? you also should think, most drunks smoke when they are drinking. why do you think, if you dont drink or shop downtown, you are a fat $$$??? funny. and for your "heart" try a walk around downtown, instead of that glass of wine. you might be surprised.
connie wrote:
<quoted text>You are the Very Reason, we don't have liquor here! Brain-washed. I will bet any amount of money $$$ You are over weight or fat! Buffet Queen, eat your heart out! What the hell is this common folk-crap? You Need to Stay in Your Cave! Non
assimilating citizen.Shop Corinth First! Keep our money here in Corinth! More tax revenue, means...Improvement for our streets, education-which you seem to lack? More Jobs and further growth for this town, that is already behind the time, compared to other cities in Mississippi! You are censoring my right to purchase alcohol or a drink at dinner. Do you smoke? I have to breathe your smoke in a restaurant and I don't Smoke! I HATE Cigarettes...
I'm breathing in smoke and receiveing 2nd hand smoke, that is damaging my lungs. I'm not asking you to buy booze! People, are not force feeding you a drink,like me who has to breathe a room full of cigarette smoke. Get my freakin point? Over eating is Gross and offends me! I don't protest buffets and fat people, eating every item on a buffet line...Not supporting folks in Corinth is Wrong! Your logic is not justifiable! Keep your fat ass out of Walmart, buying crap you don't need, would give you the money to make real purchases at downtown merchants! Quality, Not Quanity...Downtown is trying to create varity for out of town quest, who are use to makling unique and quality gift items, not junk! Sets an example of other cities with class ans taste. Think outside the box/cave
Baby

Belden, MS

#20 Jun 27, 2010
stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
If you do not support our local merchants and feel the need to go out of town to spend your "common folk" dollars, feel free to move. We don't need narrow minded, cave dwellers like you in Corinth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corinth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cody Maharey 2 hr Dudechaz 6
jay hill (Apr '14) 2 hr lisa king 12
Goof ball 3 hr Sam 4
Where is Mary Jane 4 hr David 8
Metal detecting 4 hr Finders Keepers 18
Bro. Dennis from FBC on fb drinking alcohol? 5 hr Hgui 14
aldis hiring event 8 hr Locate 8
civil war memorials Sat justwatchingusa 69

Corinth Jobs

More from around the web