Billy Loyd Jr., 11-year-old son die in fatal father-son shooting in NE Miss.

Oct 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Clarion-Ledger

Alcorn County authorities say an 11-year-old boy they believe was shot by his father in a murder-suicide has died at a Memphis hospital.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of50
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
prayersplease

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 12, 2012
 
So sad.....
idiots

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

You people are fraking IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!

Why the heck do yall put crap like this in FB,Twitter and here!
Show some respect!!!!!!
Hank

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

idiots wrote:
You people are fraking IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!

Why the heck do yall put crap like this in FB,Twitter and here!
Show some respect!!!!!!
It's community news.
A father

Souderton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

This has to be one of the saddest things I've heard in a long time. I read his suicide note he posted on Facebook. My mind is haunted with what that child went through the moment he realized his daddy was going to shoot him.
curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

What did the note say and if u seen the thing why didn't you try to help?
what??

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

curious wrote:
What did the note say and if u seen the thing why didn't you try to help?
A lot of people saw the note on Facebook. Many people tried to help but within just a couple of minutes after he posted it, it was too late. It's really no ones business what it said. "curious"??? No... Just plain nosey.
curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 12, 2012
 
I wasn't being nosy just trying to understand- that's all!! I didn't know if he was blunt about what and WHY he did this or if it was just a goodbye!
scarred_4life

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 12, 2012
 
What are the funeral arrangements?
April

Ringgold, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 12, 2012
 
Actually this is my hometown (I havent lived there in 4 years) and this site is the first place I have been able to find out what happened. You have to subscribe to the newspaper to get the online version.
April

Amory, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 13, 2012
 
April wrote:
Actually this is my hometown (I havent lived there in 4 years) and this site is the first place I have been able to find out what happened. You have to subscribe to the newspaper to get the online version.
go to WREG in Memphis on the web..they did a piece on this tragedy.
chuck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 13, 2012
 
A father wrote:
This has to be one of the saddest things I've heard in a long time. I read his suicide note he posted on Facebook. My mind is haunted with what that child went through the moment he realized his daddy was going to shoot him.
Same here.... It should've never happened but I just pray that little boy was asleep and unaware of what his dad was going to do to him. I read that and it was so scary thinking how a person can get to such a low point in their life that they think that ending it and the life of their own child is worth it just to get rid of the pain. I can't help but wonder if this man didn't show signs beforehand that this was a possibility. It didn't have to happen. Either way, it's a tragedy for the family and community.
sadie

Corinth, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I do not appreciate the things that are being said in tooix no one knows the real truth not even our family they were my cousins and this is not the place for all this. No one will ever understand why it happened the way it did the family did.try to do something and to too that off the little boys organs where donated and have helped 7 different children in this world I do believe that everyhing happens for a reason and that because of Andrew many eyes will be open and lives where changed because of our little super hero. That is something ur always wanted to be and now he is a forever hero with the lord please do boy post bad things on here keep all ugly comments to ur self because yes the family does see and hear about it all
black dog

Saginaw, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 13, 2012
 
sadie wrote:
I do not appreciate the things that are being said in tooix no one knows the real truth not even our family they were my cousins and this is not the place for all this. No one will ever understand why it happened the way it did the family did.try to do something and to too that off the little boys organs where donated and have helped 7 different children in this world I do believe that everyhing happens for a reason and that because of Andrew many eyes will be open and lives where changed because of our little super hero. That is something ur always wanted to be and now he is a forever hero with the lord please do boy post bad things on here keep all ugly comments to ur self because yes the family does see and hear about it all
So sorry for the loss of your cousin, may he rest in peace with the
angels. God bless!
hmmm

Brandon, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Oct 13, 2012
 
his wishes were to be cremated.
curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Oct 13, 2012
 
Where was he shot
U R Trash

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

. I will gladly donate!! I have 2 children and money is tight BUT I unlike you have a heart. I am a mother, not a sucker, a mother. I feel for this family. I feel for the father, and I could care less what your opinion is on that. I can't say what he did was excusable but I will say this, he was a father. He did love his son. It's hard keeping ourselves above water in this economy much less the pressure of raising babies to. Little ones who depend on us. How do you explain economy struggles to children? For everybody who says they would have stepped up to help.....let me say this, if you were to have someone step to you and ask you for a meal for themselves and their child I am almost positive 4 outta 5 people would call you a bum, non working scum ect. Make excuses as usual. This man had lost his water, been served an eviction notice, and was about to lose it all according to the news.. Can you imagine the pain and hurt and guilt and failure running through his mind? I'm sure he went for help and in this town it's never there. Maybe he was ashamed to keep asking, maybe people like you gave him a hard time. Truth is he was no different than you or me, we just happen to be a little more lucky at the moment. Tomorrow brings surprises always....that's life. I refuse to bash this family or this man, I understand how people want to feel, and hate. Did you ever stop to think the hell Andrew would have went through with being separated from his father? Being placed with strangers? The child already had lost his mother. Wrong is wrong and right is right but who the hell are we to say which is what. Who are you to post such a hateful post. You could have kept this "opinion" to yourself. Your arrogant and self centered and people such as yourself are one of the main reasons this man felt mentally so low he made such a call. You claim you have a church. Why do you even bother going to church? Do you think you can walk around and post hate such as this and cold hearted judgement calls and believe your going to Heaven because you take the time to go to church. Open your heart. God doesn't like ugly my friend. Open your soul and think of how you treat others. Think of his family. Have some respect. If you choose not to donate then that is your right, but leave your comments to yourself. Don't spread your hate, this isn't a rally. I must say though, from reading your post, your not very well educated in the first place so I'm sure your income wouldn't allow you to donate anyway. Save your money. Get an education please and take a few courses on manners and most importantly, speak to your preacher because he has left something out somewhere.
ohiknow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Oct 13, 2012
 
U R Trash wrote:
. I will gladly donate!! I have 2 children and money is tight BUT I unlike you have a heart. I am a mother, not a sucker, a mother. I feel for this family. I feel for the father, and I could care less what your opinion is on that. I can't say what he did was excusable but I will say this, he was a father. He did love his son. It's hard keeping ourselves above water in this economy much less the pressure of raising babies to. Little ones who depend on us. How do you explain economy struggles to children? For everybody who says they would have stepped up to help.....let me say this, if you were to have someone step to you and ask you for a meal for themselves and their child I am almost positive 4 outta 5 people would call you a bum, non working scum ect. Make excuses as usual. This man had lost his water, been served an eviction notice, and was about to lose it all according to the news.. Can you imagine the pain and hurt and guilt and failure running through his mind? I'm sure he went for help and in this town it's never there. Maybe he was ashamed to keep asking, maybe people like you gave him a hard time. Truth is he was no different than you or me, we just happen to be a little more lucky at the moment. Tomorrow brings surprises always....that's life. I refuse to bash this family or this man, I understand how people want to feel, and hate. Did you ever stop to think the hell Andrew would have went through with being separated from his father? Being placed with strangers? The child already had lost his mother. Wrong is wrong and right is right but who the hell are we to say which is what. Who are you to post such a hateful post. You could have kept this "opinion" to yourself. Your arrogant and self centered and people such as yourself are one of the main reasons this man felt mentally so low he made such a call. You claim you have a church. Why do you even bother going to church? Do you think you can walk around and post hate such as this and cold hearted judgement calls and believe your going to Heaven because you take the time to go to church. Open your heart. God doesn't like ugly my friend. Open your soul and think of how you treat others. Think of his family. Have some respect. If you choose not to donate then that is your right, but leave your comments to yourself. Don't spread your hate, this isn't a rally. I must say though, from reading your post, your not very well educated in the first place so I'm sure your income wouldn't allow you to donate anyway. Save your money. Get an education please and take a few courses on manners and most importantly, speak to your preacher because he has left something out somewhere.
Very well said I agree!

“Bored and Annoyed”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I will be donating. For the reason that I feel so helpless. What else can I do? It is a selfish reason. Attempting to make myself feel better by giving money. Admitted. I wish I knew what else.
EHM

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

curious wrote:
What did the note say and if u seen the thing why didn't you try to help?
I called the police two minutes after the note was posted on FACEBOOK, but it was already too late when the police arrived.
Billy was basically a good man who just had too many problems and was overwhelmed and saw no way out. It's a shame because so many people loved him and his son. May he and his son both rest in peace.
EHM

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Oct 13, 2012
 
hmmm wrote:
his wishes were to be cremated.
Yes, his wishes were for him and his son to be cremated and to let his mother have the ashes. Direct cremation is the most inexpensive way to go.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of50
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

41 Users are viewing the Corinth Forum right now

Search the Corinth Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
necole hawkins (Jun '12) 14 min uhhhhhhhhh 10
Spooner 22 min Juju Beans 152
Dr. Frasier 43 min Gtown 6
sheriff's law suit. 1 hr 2b1ask1 5
central fight 1 hr redneckboy 3
TICKETED for dog in bed of my truck (Jul '12) 1 hr ole timer 23
Stateline mob (Apr '11) 1 hr kristalg 271
•••
•••
•••
•••

Corinth Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Corinth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••