why do people get wic
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ml

Corinth, MS

#1 Aug 15, 2012
Why is that people in two income family getting wic? Do they not ask or do people just lie to keep from paying for their baby milk . It's not fair for people who work and pay taxes for these people to moch off of the rest of the honest people. Stop talking about people in low income and take a look in the mirror and ask yourself are u being honest.
Dude

Saltillo, MS

#2 Aug 15, 2012
Yeah and who the hell are you to judge anybody else. You need to take a long stare back at yourself in the mirror. Think before you post.
leah

United States

#3 Aug 15, 2012
ml wrote:
Why is that people in two income family getting wic? Do they not ask or do people just lie to keep from paying for their baby milk . It's not fair for people who work and pay taxes for these people to moch off of the rest of the honest people. Stop talking about people in low income and take a look in the mirror and ask yourself are u being honest.
Do you know the families situration? You said, two income family, well, if thats so, then they too pay taxes. Then you say they are dishonest, do you know this for a fact? You sound like a nosey body.
Poppy

Corinth, MS

#4 Aug 15, 2012
Lack of planning, simple as that. Having babies's they can't afford!! This world has gone to hell!!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#5 Aug 15, 2012
Sometimes it depends on the 2 incomes of the family, like an income based thing... Usually though more times than not, it's just OFFERED to women....Even women who are not on medicaid or other government assistance programs, they are still often offerd wic..It just is what it is and it doesn't always mean the family's are bad off..When i had my first child I had my own insurance that my husbands job gave me and our family (non medicaid insurance) and they still pushed me to take the wic offers even though we really didn't need it....Either way they still give it to the families that DO need the extra help..I personally think wic is just another way for the "government" to monitor what you are feeding your new baby etc.....since now a days, the government pretty much thinks they own your children whether you are using government assistance or not, but I dont know that as fact, just an opinion based off of some research I've done.....

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#6 Aug 15, 2012
A lot of times though, it depends on the state you live in. I don't know about Mississippi because I've never had a child here, but I can say that Texas gives it away even if you have your own insurance and good income...
actually
#7 Aug 16, 2012
they check paystubs and you only get what you qualify for. just because its a two person income doesnt mean that they do not need the help.
police???

United States

#8 Aug 17, 2012
It depends on the situation also. Young, older, or mothers with multiple birth babies are given WIC. The income limit is not terribly low. You really need to find out a little more before you say something. One phone call would have told you all you needed to know.
Road Hog

United States

#9 Aug 17, 2012
ml wrote:
Why is that people in two income family getting wic? Do they not ask or do people just lie to keep from paying for their baby milk . It's not fair for people who work and pay taxes for these people to moch off of the rest of the honest people. Stop talking about people in low income and take a look in the mirror and ask yourself are u being honest.
Have u ever been to Gardner's or Rogers on the 1 or the 3 im thinking probably not if ur worried about someone getting wic try that on some first of the month but if the wic thing gets u take a pill before u go because ull really be pissed when u see these lazy motherfunker roll that buggy up there and whip out that ebt card with anywheres from 800 to 1200 a month on it and u will forget all about wic ! And before some of u pricks start yes i knw some need help without a doubt but the ones who need it wnt even get half that much !

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#10 Aug 18, 2012
[QUOTE who="police???"]It depends on the situation also. Young, older, or mothers with multiple birth babies are given WIC. The income limit is not terribly low. You really need to find out a little more before you say something. One phone call would have told you all you needed to know.[/QUOTE]

This is this most true statement i have seen.
jerry

United States

#12 Aug 18, 2012
Road Hog wrote:
<quoted text>
Have u ever been to Gardner's or Rogers on the 1 or the 3 im thinking probably not if ur worried about someone getting wic try that on some first of the month but if the wic thing gets u take a pill before u go because ull really be pissed when u see these lazy motherfunker roll that buggy up there and whip out that ebt card with anywheres from 800 to 1200 a month on it and u will forget all about wic ! And before some of u pricks start yes i knw some need help without a doubt but the ones who need it wnt even get half that much !
yeah im with you on that one, i dont even go there on the first of the month, hell you should drive by rickmans meat market on the first, cant even get in the parking lot
abused

United States

#13 Aug 18, 2012
Wic is abused just like welfare and food stamps. I once had a freind who worked and still works at a very good paying place making about 20.00 and hour and his wife at the time probaly made around that. And be dang if they didnt get WIC.... I tend to think if your makeing 50 k each you dont need wic.
hey

United States

#14 Aug 18, 2012
ms-nicci wrote:
Sometimes it depends on the 2 incomes of the family, like an income based thing... Usually though more times than not, it's just OFFERED to women....Even women who are not on medicaid or other government assistance programs, they are still often offerd wic..It just is what it is and it doesn't always mean the family's are bad off..When i had my first child I had my own insurance that my husbands job gave me and our family (non medicaid insurance) and they still pushed me to take the wic offers even though we really didn't need it....Either way they still give it to the families that DO need the extra help..I personally think wic is just another way for the "government" to monitor what you are feeding your new baby etc.....since now a days, the government pretty much thinks they own your children whether you are using government assistance or not, but I dont know that as fact, just an opinion based off of some research I've done.....
you look pretty hot for an older chick are you up for a younger dude??
Thevoiceofreason

Pearland, TX

#15 Aug 19, 2012
ms-nicci wrote:
Sometimes it depends on the 2 incomes of the family, like an income based thing... Usually though more times than not, it's just OFFERED to women....Even women who are not on medicaid or other government assistance programs, they are still often offerd wic..It just is what it is and it doesn't always mean the family's are bad off..When i had my first child I had my own insurance that my husbands job gave me and our family (non medicaid insurance) and they still pushed me to take the wic offers even though we really didn't need it....Either way they still give it to the families that DO need the extra help..I personally think wic is just another way for the "government" to monitor what you are feeding your new baby etc.....since now a days, the government pretty much thinks they own your children whether you are using government assistance or not, but I dont know that as fact, just an opinion based off of some research I've done.....
WIC is not a government program. It's run by the department of agriculture and actually does NOT report to the federal government. So there goes your theory about conspiracy! Get facts straight before you post ridiculous non information based assumptions.
Lillie white

Lakeland, FL

#16 Aug 19, 2012
Wic isn't always based on income my husband makes very good money and I make a little money too. Because I only weighed 100 pounds when I became pregnant they offered me wic because it was considered a high risk pregnancy. I took it because we have paid taxes all our lives and it is nice to get something in return. I never got formula because I breast fed it was just cereal, milk, peanut butter, and juice.
EZ4U2C

Louisville, GA

#17 Oct 29, 2012
Thevoiceofreason wrote:
<quoted text>
WIC is not a government program. It's run by the department of agriculture and actually does NOT report to the federal government. So there goes your theory about conspiracy! Get facts straight before you post ridiculous non information based assumptions.
WIC is a Federal Program and it is reported to the Federal Government!!!
EZ4U2C

Louisville, GA

#18 Oct 29, 2012
WIC is a Federal Program and is reported to the Federal Government.
FYI

Corinth, MS

#19 Oct 29, 2012
What I do not understand is why people are constantly griping and complaining about a child or baby being fed! Yes I realize a taxpayers point, HOWEVER, I'd rather my whole paycheck go to a child or baby's food than anything! People need to remember God wants us to GIVE, NOT COMPLAIN about others receiving help! So what if your taxes, come out and it goes to others. I'm pretty sure GOD sacrificed for all of you to sit around just to judge people! Yes, I know there are lazy people out there and yes I know the system is being abused, but it's not a reason to lower your standards and judge when you are not perfect! While you are judging, you are just as bad as someone lying about their income to receive benefits. God does not give you a key to heaven just because you work and pay your taxes! Paying taxes is a given and it's a law if you have an income, but when you reach those pearly gates... IF YOUR A CHRISTIAN...Do you think God is going to be proud of you for paying taxes or being good to others? I'm pretty sure when you are standing before him, you paying your taxes won't even matter! People should learn to be grateful for even being alive to work instead of complaining because he or she is getting something their not ( as in govt help, wic, etc )!
slammed it

United States

#20 Oct 29, 2012
freaking people are stupid....look up wic and the reason why our government offers it to women and infants....it's not income based or taxed..morons y'all need help
gayra

United States

#21 Oct 29, 2012
FYI wrote:
What I do not understand is why people are constantly griping and complaining about a child or baby being fed! Yes I realize a taxpayers point, HOWEVER, I'd rather my whole paycheck go to a child or baby's food than anything! People need to remember God wants us to GIVE, NOT COMPLAIN about others receiving help! So what if your taxes, come out and it goes to others. I'm pretty sure GOD sacrificed for all of you to sit around just to judge people! Yes, I know there are lazy people out there and yes I know the system is being abused, but it's not a reason to lower your standards and judge when you are not perfect! While you are judging, you are just as bad as someone lying about their income to receive benefits. God does not give you a key to heaven just because you work and pay your taxes! Paying taxes is a given and it's a law if you have an income, but when you reach those pearly gates... IF YOUR A CHRISTIAN...Do you think God is going to be proud of you for paying taxes or being good to others? I'm pretty sure when you are standing before him, you paying your taxes won't even matter! People should learn to be grateful for even being alive to work instead of complaining because he or she is getting something their not ( as in govt help, wic, etc )!
They are gripeing and complaining bc they are afraid that someone is getting something and they are not. It's that ole green eyed monster again, corinth seems to have alot of those types. I use to work in a certain govt agency and I saw it alot. I would get phone calls telling me all sort of things on people, you would not belive it. Some of these people lived in homes just short of a palace, yet they complained when a mother brought her children in for help. These same people would then go to church on sunday and place a 100 dollar bill in the plate, go out to ryans or whatever, then continue to fuss about the poor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corinth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wayne Bishop 4 hr burnedoncetomanyt... 7
Ian Austen and Amber Austin 6 hr letmeknow 1
Lisa Davis & Sam Mullins 6 hr Whiteboywasted 1
Animal shelter 7 hr Tinfoot 7
Tanya's Hicks 8 hr MissyX 22
who died in the carwreck @ PineCrestRD last nite? 9 hr So sad 4
Guys tn 10 hr Idiots 1

Corinth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corinth Mortgages