First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wondering

Corinth, MS

#1 Oct 10, 2010
Does anyone know who is going to be the new walmart Manager?
johnny steen

United States

#2 Oct 10, 2010
they already have got a new manager he is from ripley I think . Don't know what his name is though .
Cmw0105

Corinth, MS

#3 Oct 10, 2010
I think they do have one Johnny, but we don't know what his name is.. But of course, nobody will ever take Dons place..I hope one day Starla Brooks will work her way up to a store manager..She deserves it more than anyone i know..Shes a very hard dedicated worker for walmart..
cashier

Starkville, MS

#4 Oct 10, 2010
his name is Mel, and true noone will ever take Don's place, but i have met him, he seems nice!
fatcat

Corinth, MS

#5 Oct 11, 2010
Cmw0105 wrote:
I think they do have one Johnny, but we don't know what his name is.. But of course, nobody will ever take Dons place..I hope one day Starla Brooks will work her way up to a store manager..She deserves it more than anyone i know..Shes a very hard dedicated worker for walmart..
ur about stupid on all statements starla or shawn or whatever name she is using this week is so ful of herself and yes don was a good man but he and anyone can be replaced he had and now iif mel doesnt get a hold on things it will be no better the assistants down there are PITIFUL they are practicing and have been unfair working conditions i hope mel to be a people person iif ur scheduled till 11 and they think u need to work over they say u dont have to but if u dont they will give u a coaching for insubordination give me a break they are flirting with the labor board real bad to all the assitants down there remember if u take care of ur associates they will work hard for u if u dont then the grapvine will grow just saying
emily

Corinth, MS

#6 Oct 11, 2010
fatcat wrote:
<quoted text> ur about stupid on all statements starla or shawn or whatever name she is using this week is so ful of herself and yes don was a good man but he and anyone can be replaced he had and now iif mel doesnt get a hold on things it will be no better the assistants down there are PITIFUL they are practicing and have been unfair working conditions i hope mel to be a people person iif ur scheduled till 11 and they think u need to work over they say u dont have to but if u dont they will give u a coaching for insubordination give me a break they are flirting with the labor board real bad to all the assitants down there remember if u take care of ur associates they will work hard for u if u dont then the grapvine will grow just saying
I agree the Assistants treat the regular employees like a piece of dirt.. I wish the labor board wud do something about them on how they treat their ppl.. When i worked there, we would go in and if they was "so called over payroll" they wud send us home, but they wud make us stay the 4 hours bc thats what they had to pay us for , for just coming in whether it was 30 min. or 2 hrs.. I mean look at the Turn Over in employees WalMart has.. I think everybody in alcorn and all surrounding counties have worked there at one point and some of my best friends that works there now , that has been there for years says its worse now than it has ever been..They say its worse now to work for Wal-Mart than it was when they started like 5-10 years ago.. I agree with you, I hope this new guy makes it a better place for the employees bc they do have a few good workers and even tho everybody can be replaced they just need to try to keep the good hands bc good workers are hard to find these days just like jobs are..
Curiuos

Booneville, MS

#7 Oct 11, 2010
What is up with all the talk about Starla anyway, seems like someone is just trying to keep her name in here, not that I care. And yeah I agree they need to totally get all new management down there its bad from what I hear. I feel sorry for the workers and understand why they might not be so friendly all the time since the put up with all those stupid managers.

Since: Aug 10

Corinth, MS

#8 Oct 11, 2010
Curiuos wrote:
What is up with all the talk about Starla anyway, seems like someone is just trying to keep her name in here, not that I care. And yeah I agree they need to totally get all new management down there its bad from what I hear. I feel sorry for the workers and understand why they might not be so friendly all the time since the put up with all those stupid managers.
You seem to have a lot of suggestions on what Walmart needs to do based only on "what you hear".

Since: Aug 10

United States

#10 Mar 19, 2011
Customer wrote:
Mel you need to listen to your workers!! They are tired and fed up with your managers!! They are getting treated like shit!! I have been shopping with walmart for a long time and these guys are like my family!! You have some are extremely hard workers and then you have some that does nothing! I see this every morning when I come in there! This morning i hated to walk in there and had to witness what I had to witness! I thought that somebody had die with everybodies looks! i hate to see my family get destroyed because of your managers! The ones that is doing all the work you steady putting more and more on them! The ones that is doing nothing they are still doing nothing, why can you not see this? I'm seeing this! Your third shift is planning a major walk out all at once! Will you please do something to stop this!! My family was once a happy bunch and now look at them! Listen to them, please! i find time to listen and I can tell you everything, why can you not find the time?
You go to Wal-mart every day?
ctown70

United States

#11 Mar 19, 2011
Gghui
ctown70

United States

#12 Mar 19, 2011
Jjgff
ctown70

United States

#13 Mar 19, 2011
Gghhfd
two

Corinth, MS

#14 Mar 19, 2011
ctown70 wrote:
Gghui
your 70 iq is showing
two

Corinth, MS

#15 Mar 19, 2011
ctown70 wrote:
Jjgff

it's showing again
two

Corinth, MS

#16 Mar 19, 2011
ctown70 wrote:
Gghhfd
is it even 70?
used to work at wal-mart

Corinth, MS

#18 Mar 19, 2011
You can't blame the general manager for the way Wal-Mart employees are treated; it goes all the way up to corporate policy. Minimum wage is one thing, but forcing workers to come to work sick is another. The is no "sick day" in Wal-Mart's eyes. If you call in sick, it counts as a strike against you. The actual policy is to come to work sick and talk to a manager. This policy has forced elderly employees to come to work with the flu in fear of losing their job. Don't even get me started on their anti union videos and lack of benefits for long time employees.
ctown70

Corinth, MS

#19 Mar 19, 2011
used to work at wal-mart wrote:
You can't blame the general manager for the way Wal-Mart employees are treated; it goes all the way up to corporate policy. Minimum wage is one thing, but forcing workers to come to work sick is another. The is no "sick day" in Wal-Mart's eyes. If you call in sick, it counts as a strike against you. The actual policy is to come to work sick and talk to a manager. This policy has forced elderly employees to come to work with the flu in fear of losing their job. Don't even get me started on their anti union videos and lack of benefits for long time employees.
Unions suck
?

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Mar 19, 2011
Well nAw it takes a real dick 2 be manager!
knowsbest

Canton, MS

#21 Mar 20, 2011
Yea starla is the last person that Walmart needs as manager. Trust me on that one.
Cmw0105 wrote:
I think they do have one Johnny, but we don't know what his name is.. But of course, nobody will ever take Dons place..I hope one day Starla Brooks will work her way up to a store manager..She deserves it more than anyone i know..Shes a very hard dedicated worker for walmart..

“A ACTION BAIL BONDS 415 0580”

Since: Jan 11

RIENZI/CORINTH/RAMER/

#22 Mar 20, 2011
His name is Melvin Searcy, my cousin he left Ripley to come to corinth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corinth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jared Poindexter in jail for rape 7 min Laughing 2
Atheist's speak out. 8 min Amber Two 664
4 wheeler on cruise street 32 min citizen 9
Jessica Hancock (peacock) 37 min KhsGrad04 33
Direct TV refer a friend $100 (Jul '13) 53 min fall 51
Jay Dickey? 2 hr Angry elf 37
Pretty Girl 2 hr Wishin4 43
election 3 hr lol 48
who were the herps? 3 hr Bicycle Batman 36
Spooner 4 hr Bicycle Batman 2,880
•••
•••
•••

Corinth Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Corinth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Corinth News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Corinth
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••