Magnolial Regional Health Center

Posted in the Corinth Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pist off

Dallas, TX

#1 Oct 13, 2012
First of all hats off to CEO Rick Napper with all his wonderful changes saved tax payers millions of dollars, saved our hospital, put it back on track, beautiful new building, and not to mention our new expanded ER where you can go sit for 6 to 12 hours after you promptly give them payment information, insurance , address, billing information, verify phone contacts sign consents all the time having chest pain, SOb, and fall and hit your head on the floor and not only do you have MI you now have 2 brain surgeries at another that you must be shipped to with a comfortable ambulance ride, and if thats not enough wonderful things
Rick Napper has done for our community, we can always thank him for understaffing each floor with qualified nurses with 2 years experience with minimal side effects being dimissal of 20 and 25 year nurses, all new and younger nurses fresh out of school, no one with years of experience to train, all at the cost of quality patient care and this can be attributed to dismissing, firing, laying off of several year veteran nurses and staff. When a nurse comes in your room and your loved one is having trouble breathing , rapid heart rate, disoriented and has been proven to be medication, but nurse states its doctors orders shes got to give again there has been no training and our loved ones lives are at risk, then when you need to talk to nursing supervisor there jobs have also been done away with now and you can wait till regular business hours to call with complaint. Also when they have given your grandmother pt next door medicines who has cancer and liked to killed her the doctor can laugh that off and say she got the wrong M&Ms well watch her and walk out the door not one thing you can do but pray she makes it . Also researched and MRHC has more law suits than any hospital in the state but guess what they also have a fine staff of lawyers to make sure they r not out a dime. It is time for this community to take our hospital back so we can feel safe and have experienced staff and facility and the best care we deserve, not the biggest bill our insurance can pay for. As for me I say Lets Boycott, Tupelo not but an hour away and much better care, and Booneville for less urgent. Please stand with me and lets make difference
Pist off

Dallas, TX

#2 Oct 13, 2012
IF you agree please sign in as concerned citizen for better health care not bigger and prettier facility.

United States

#3 Oct 14, 2012
And who's going to pay for all this "better health care" with Obamacare going into effect? Have you read it? Hospitals and medical professionals won't get paid half the time! Death panels? yeah, they're in there. Magnolia had to make cuts to stay open for the Obamacare that has already started and if you think it's bad now, just wait till January!
justsaying

Iuka, MS

#4 Oct 14, 2012
Agree. ROMNEY/RYAN 2012. Also, I will boycott. My family & I usually make the drive to Tupelo anyway.. much better care. Saved my life.
redneck

Corinth, MS

#5 Oct 14, 2012
if you want to die go to magnolial hospital they will help you along. just saying
Pist off

Garland, TX

#6 Oct 14, 2012
Guest wrote:
And who's going to pay for all this "better health care" with Obamacare going into effect? Have you read it? Hospitals and medical professionals won't get paid half the time! Death panels? yeah, they're in there. Magnolia had to make cuts to stay open for the Obamacare that has already started and if you think it's bad n
ow, just wait till January!
I understand the Obama Care very well I just know could of been handled differently. There r very few of the older more experience people there now. All you get r new nurses that dont have a clue and to their defense they had no one to train them bc believe me you do not learn everything in school. I think its just sad use to go there and feel safe and was able to trust you were getting best health care ever and to just be honest when i have had to go to ER its the nurses that have been around awhile that I like to see, they make better judgement calls than those clowns they call doctors in there. yeah there is one or 2 in there you feel better about but all in all the hospital has failed the community and then dont understand why everyone goes somewhere else or wants to be shippped out when its something bad. Just saying, Why spend millions of dollars on new facility and not have anyone to run it and you cant bet your botttom dollar administration gets their pay.
doo

Corinth, MS

#7 Oct 14, 2012
yeah, went to one of the doctors office thwy bought out.. sat 4 1/2 hours past my appointment ,they charged me 98.00 to sit there, then doctor charged my 200.00 to see me WTF.
hate it

United States

#8 Oct 15, 2012
Don't go to ER!!! They piss u for the pink eye!!! Save money? I think not. It's none of their business if someone smokes a little pot for one. And since when does smoking pot hurt u? It's legal in CA. U can buy it all day long. Get a grip ppl. And don't act like their saints. At their Christmas party 5 years back they passed it around outside. Ask Wanda V. She was there. Pink eye last I checked, has nothing to do with pot or any other drug. Treat what is wrong & move on. We don't work for the hospital so don't judge. What if a person is dying or they not going to treat them? Yes of course they r and if they don't they would be striped of everything. So stop judging people do ur damn job & quit drug testing everyone that comes in the ER. We don't work for u, if any thing u took a job to help others. I understand some people have problems, but just because something is positive for pot don't mean anything. Second hand rules apply. And it's hard to judge people when the ER staff is smoking pot at a Christmas party. I was there saw it with my own two eyes. They are such hypocrites!! Come on people get pissed off voice your opinion on this, because we are paying for this out of our pockets, & didn't even want the stupid test in the first place.
Concerned Citzen

Corinth, MS

#9 Oct 16, 2012
Why want Mr.Napper and MRHC post the salaries of the top 10 people working there.Is it because they are ashame of the salary and benefits they receive.
COME KING RICK TELL US WE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW.
And while your telling, tell us how much money you have wasted on the Clinic in Walnut and why you wanted it opened.
really

United States

#10 Oct 16, 2012
hate it wrote:
Don't go to ER!!! They piss u for the pink eye!!! Save money? I think not. It's none of their business if someone smokes a little pot for one. And since when does smoking pot hurt u? It's legal in CA. U can buy it all day long. Get a grip ppl. And don't act like their saints. At their Christmas party 5 years back they passed it around outside. Ask Wanda V. She was there. Pink eye last I checked, has nothing to do with pot or any other drug. Treat what is wrong & move on. We don't work for the hospital so don't judge. What if a person is dying or they not going to treat them? Yes of course they r and if they don't they would be striped of everything. So stop judging people do ur damn job & quit drug testing everyone that comes in the ER. We don't work for u, if any thing u took a job to help others. I understand some people have problems, but just because something is positive for pot don't mean anything. Second hand rules apply. And it's hard to judge people when the ER staff is smoking pot at a Christmas party. I was there saw it with my own two eyes. They are such hypocrites!! Come on people get pissed off voice your opinion on this, because we are paying for this out of our pockets, & didn't even want the stupid test in the first place.
you went to the ER with pinkeye?
to funny

United States

#11 Oct 16, 2012
Look at all the great parking you have tho... Oh wait that's for Dr and big wheels .. Us common folk have to park out by Bucks then catch a golf cart ride . Wow!
Mgr

Corinth, MS

#12 Oct 16, 2012
You all need to shut up all the people at magnolia work really hard to help people and make them better
DKS

Southaven, MS

#13 Oct 16, 2012
justsaying wrote:
Agree. ROMNEY/RYAN 2012. Also, I will boycott. My family & I usually make the drive to Tupelo anyway.. much better care. Saved my life.
...All you people blame this on Obama, if you will stop and think, magnolia Hospital has always been a health hazard...enter at your own risk...that has been the saying for many years before Obama...this is definately one thing you can't blame on Obama....magnolia has always been a first aide station for the people of Corinth area....this is one thing Obama didn't have anything to do with...you people need to take a look at who is running the show there...Just Saying!!!!
Nurse

United States

#14 Oct 16, 2012
NO RAISE this Year. Just been to a meeting & told we are getting a Bonus come December. I feel sorry for the Pharmacy Staff as well. BIG take over for them & NO Retirement.
County Resident

Corinth, MS

#15 Oct 16, 2012
Nurse wrote:
NO RAISE this Year. Just been to a meeting & told we are getting a Bonus come December. I feel sorry for the Pharmacy Staff as well. BIG take over for them & NO Retirement.
Way to give people who deserve a Raise, Cut Napper and Cavlery salary and a few more over paid mangement. For what they do they dont deserve any pay.
staff member

United States

#16 Oct 16, 2012
Nurse wrote:
Board of Aldermen & Board members see what y'all have done to the employees of Magnolia. NO Raise. Trying to save money but spending it on the new building. Taking away money from our employees?
yup

United States

#17 Oct 16, 2012
Nurse wrote:
401k IS retirement dummy
Pist off

Irving, TX

#18 Oct 16, 2012
Almighty Calvary wished the people she went to church with could see her at work. She for one is no use to that hospital helps bring it down and treats the employees like they r hers. Last i heard she puts her pants on one leg at a time like everyone else. Listen people will stay like it is until the employees the community unite and say we have had enough!
concerned citizen

United States

#19 Oct 25, 2012
Pist off wrote:
IF you agree please sign in as concerned citizen for better health care not bigger and prettier facility.
i agree rick napper does not care about the employees at
all he is trying to get ride of most the supervisor...postions
concerned citizen

United States

#20 Oct 25, 2012
i agree rick napper does not care about the
employees at all

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corinth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Green Market 39 min belectricity 4
Ruby Tuesdays 55 min butterbean 3
gangs in corinth 1 hr Alcorn Voter 2 16
Vote for a real man for President...Hillary Cli... 1 hr Indian-Chief 50
Saboxone 2 hr guest 5
david derrick sheriff of alcorn county! already... 2 hr Loren 83
Skipper(ladies man)....? 3 hr Citizen 2
Smith vs Mitchell For ASD Supt 13 hr Heart 161
Poll Who will be next Sheriff? Fri Guess 1
More from around the web