The sheriff's dept.
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Possum Patrol

United States

#1 Feb 28, 2010
I was just commenting about the article that was in several newspapers the other day about the two sheriff's dept. employees that were fired from there for misconduct with an inmate. That is just wrong and very nasty. Who would want to jeopardize their job for a piece of crap inmate. It was rumored that they were on video tape performing various sexual acts on the inmates. One of them(the Peterson woman) was fired from the Sheriff's Dept a while back for the same thing, yet they hired her back. Does anyone see something wrong with that? She even left her cop husband for an inmate she met at the jail. That's just not right. Why would anyone want to hire someone like that for being a public servant. Thats just wrong no matter how you look at it. Oh well maybe they will get charged for it and prosecuted for it. I am really suprised that it was not swept under the rug so to speak. What you think citizens of Alcorn County?
johnny teller

Corinth, MS

#2 Feb 28, 2010
i totally agree,i hear the sheriff is also using deputies that are not certified,also never qualified with thier weapon just becaues they are friends of his.maybe this should be looked into.i was at the big party raid friday nite,the very inexpierenced so called deputy billingsey also known to snitch fellow officers,was very unprofessional ,does he really have to curse at young people at our party?now sheriff you need to be more selective in your hiring and use more expierenced depities who know the law.
Deputy Billingsley

Corinth, MS

#3 Mar 2, 2010
I would never curse anybody.
You S.O.B.s need to keep your [email protected]@%n comments to yourselves......A%%h&le!
mrleahey

Jackson, MS

#4 Mar 2, 2010
The bottom line is when you have NO LEADERSHIP at the sheriffs office what can you expect. Its a sad time to be a deputy in Alcorn Co. with all the scandal going on down there. The only thing thats for sure and certain he will be the first one term Sheriff to loose in almost 40 years
voteout

Jackson, MS

#5 Mar 2, 2010
I agree with mrleahey I think he will be the first Sheriff in 40 years to lose after one term
Carol

Jackson, MS

#6 Mar 2, 2010
Deputy Billingsley wrote:
I would never curse anybody.
You S.O.B.s need to keep your [email protected]@%n comments to yourselves......A%%h&le!
GROW UP you whinning baby! If you didn't curse the other night, you sure have made up for it TODAY! You shouldn't be able to carry a badge...God knows, who feels safe w/ your goofy butt throwing your weight around....and that's really all it is WEIGHT! I can tell ya one thing, I have two teenage sons, whom are not of age to HANG OUT yet...but if I every find out that my boys have been unlawfully and roughly treated by a COP or anyone else of city or county authority, I can guarentee you that I'll be catching up with them outside of that uniform! So BILLINGSLEY....better watch your back when ya aint got that those colors on or that gun on your belt...because some MOMMA or DADDY is sure gonna pay you back for all that you have coming! Oh...by the way go to church and learn some proper language...especially if your gonna be in law enforcement!
NDFan

Starkville, MS

#7 Mar 2, 2010
Billingsley, Hollaway, Dickie Barrys son, were by far the rudest I wish i knew more names cuz I would want everyone to know. Why the hell did we vote Jimmy Taylor out of office.??
johnny teller

Corinth, MS

#8 Mar 2, 2010
then billingsey why do you snitch out others in law enforcement?yeah we all know its common knowledge.i hear you should watch each others back not stab them,you need to get some trainning.
Freedom Fighter

Arcola, MS

#9 Mar 3, 2010
johnny teller wrote:
i totally agree,i hear the sheriff is also using deputies that are not certified,also never qualified with thier weapon just becaues they are friends of his.maybe this should be looked into.i was at the big party raid friday nite,the very inexpierenced so called deputy billingsey also known to snitch fellow officers,was very unprofessional ,does he really have to curse at young people at our party?now sheriff you need to be more selective in your hiring and use more expierenced depities who know the law.
Ok Mom. Where is that freedom of speech? I agree it would be bad to cuss around young people that are under age drinkers using drugs.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#10 Mar 3, 2010
There is alot of things I would like to address, but, will refrain.I would like to state however, that while you do make a very good valid point about the sheriff deputy Billingsey cursing so much,I just don't think he knows any other way to talk but to cuss. He cusses everyone, even when he is in his fireman uniform. That's right he holds two jobs with the public, Sheriff Dept. as well with the Corinth Fire Dept. As for him snitching, your right about that as well. He tells anything and everything cause he likes to talk. I hear from sources close to him at the SO that he drives them as well as 911 crazy with all the chatter and stopping cars, and running tags for no reason. He is very dangerous when driving because he drives way to fast. I don't understand why Corinth FD allows him to do both jobs and from fellowmen at the FD he is late, leaves early before time to make sure he gets to the sheriff job, and thinks he is more a cop than a fireman. So no doubt that many parents are upset with him the other night, cussing and carrying on. By the way, inside sources say he has a taser and he is not legally suppose to have it. Matter of fact he has never been tased and my understanding is that you are suppose to be qualified to carry one and he is not! That is scary because I have a son and a daughter and if he ever tased either someone would pay. Bottom line, "get him off the streets before he really hurts someone or gets hurt himself." He is a embarrassment to this county as well as city. What is the Sheriff thinking!!!
goodgrief

Corinth, MS

#11 Mar 3, 2010
Do you bleieve everything you hear? The people of this town love to make up stuff about everybody...small town mentality...
Dispatch

New York, NY

#12 Mar 3, 2010
I happen work for this County, and I absolutely LOVE my job. People really need to get thier stories from the horses mouth and not some low life bored persons gossip column. I came on here because persons at work said to me I just had to see this. This is all see; a bunch of whiney hineys who don't know anything but what they have heard from a bunch of teenagers that were busted on drinking. And as for NEMPI or whatever you call yourself, you truly don't need to talk about what these agengices think or don't think unless you are an employee of one and have some hard facts and records of what we think of our fellow County employees. Yes. We have the freedom of speech in this Country, and what many people do not take into consideration is the fact we don't always have the right to express that opinion without it solely being our own. I hope you realize that you have boastfully shown your "Open mouth: Insert foot disease". And for those on here acting all Holy and sin free--- take another look in the mirror because we ALL have sins and skeletons. Judge not, for you will bejudged on how you have precieved those judgements passed on others. Yup, that goes for me as well.
heckno

United States

#13 Mar 4, 2010
billingsly aperently wasnt there so why didn't he just post that instead of all the profanity!
Praying for America

Brandon, MS

#14 Mar 4, 2010
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
GROW UP you whinning baby! If you didn't curse the other night, you sure have made up for it TODAY! You shouldn't be able to carry a badge...God knows, who feels safe w/ your goofy butt throwing your weight around....and that's really all it is WEIGHT! I can tell ya one thing, I have two teenage sons, whom are not of age to HANG OUT yet...but if I every find out that my boys have been unlawfully and roughly treated by a COP or anyone else of city or county authority, I can guarentee you that I'll be catching up with them outside of that uniform! So BILLINGSLEY....better watch your back when ya aint got that those colors on or that gun on your belt...because some MOMMA or DADDY is sure gonna pay you back for all that you have coming! Oh...by the way go to church and learn some proper language...especially if your gonna be in law enforcement!
I agree with your last sentence... GO TO CHURCH and learn some proper language. I think all of the people who are mad about the cops busting up a wild party need to stop and think a min because shouldn't we be thankful that someone is trying to teach the youth a lesson? They can't go through life thinking they can be as wild as they want and party all the time and always get away with it. Why aren't we more worried about them going to a party where there is drugs and drinking? Why aren't we more worried about them going to a party and getting into a vehicle with a drunk driver? Why aren't we more worried about a young child getting "messed up" to the point that someone can take advantage of them? Why aren't we more worried about these things... things that can alter our children's lives and things that could even cost them their lives? Look at the big picture here!!! Maybe things should have been handled differently, but that's coming f/m ppl that was at the party who are angry their party got busted up. BUT the main point is WE NEED TO BE CONCERNED WITH WHAT IS IMPORTANT! And that is the safety and lives of the youth in our community!
retireplease

Monroeville, AL

#15 Mar 4, 2010
I would like to thank the US marshals for protecting the citizens of alcorn co. I think it might be a good idea for us to give them an office in our county because i expect it wont be long before we have another escape from the co. jail.while i am on the subject of the recent escape i red in the daily disappoint a quote from the sheriff(Thees men are not a danger to the public).I think the people in Marshall co. who were car jacked by one of the escapees would have a different opinion.Great quote sheriff
Carol

Jackson, MS

#16 Mar 5, 2010
Praying for America wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your last sentence... GO TO CHURCH and learn some proper language. I think all of the people who are mad about the cops busting up a wild party need to stop and think a min because shouldn't we be thankful that someone is trying to teach the youth a lesson? They can't go through life thinking they can be as wild as they want and party all the time and always get away with it. Why aren't we more worried about them going to a party where there is drugs and drinking? Why aren't we more worried about them going to a party and getting into a vehicle with a drunk driver? Why aren't we more worried about a young child getting "messed up" to the point that someone can take advantage of them? Why aren't we more worried about these things... things that can alter our children's lives and things that could even cost them their lives? Look at the big picture here!!! Maybe things should have been handled differently, but that's coming f/m ppl that was at the party who are angry their party got busted up. BUT the main point is WE NEED TO BE CONCERNED WITH WHAT IS IMPORTANT! And that is the safety and lives of the youth in our community!
Point well taken....however, while worrying about our youth doing right, what about the LAW doing what is RIGHT under the law and also doing was is right MORALY! I am more concerned w/ BAD COPS than with the our youth....sorry but I can control my youth. I cannot control DIRTY LAW ENFORCEMENT! Hell, who can? People in this county have been getting SCREWED unlawfully for years...and it's only a matter of time before the public starts fighting back. Or better yet, wait till cops start getting KILLED for these unlawful actions, but people who are tired of this type of treatment. It's coming...mark my word!
cammy

Corinth, MS

#17 Mar 5, 2010
i have read all these comments this morning and i can tell you one thing, NOBODY is perfect. i also work for the public and God knows, i don't see how over half of the people we come in contact with can even dress themselves everyday. as for the party on friday night, i have a 17 year old daughter and i would very much want my daughter to be checked on at a party that police believe to be a dangerous situation for teens. you can try to raise your kids right, but some will still do things you don't know about. as for the officers supposedly acting rude and cussing, you have no idea what law enforcement goes through on a daily basis. sure, some of the calls that is received are actually situations that people can't handle themselves. but, there are also calls like, i have garbage in my yard, my neighbor's dog pissed on my light pole, the neighbor's dog shit in my flowers, the neighbor's stink and i can smell them, etc. you get my point. there are also endless calls "can you give me the number to pizza hut or captain dees or offices that are listed in the phone book. hell, dealing with the public is enough to make a preacher cuss. as for all the comments on deputy billingsley, for God's sake, he wasn't even there. this goes to show you, how rumors get started and people get bashed when there is nothing to it. that goes for the two that was fired here a couple of weeks ago. all these people making comments, you did not see anything and what you heard is not always true, as you can see from all these comments. i have learned over the years that all i need to do is take care of myself and my family and let others do the same. if anyone wants my input, then i would be happy to help, but until im asked i keep my nose out of it. in life, it takes all kinds of people to make the world go around, and everybody is human. God did not put people on earth to be mistreated, and he also said that nobody would be perfect. so, to every person who has comments on other peoples lives, you need to look at yourself. there is no one i know who at one time or other don't have something that they would have done differently in their life, this includes me. so let these officers and the sheriff and everyone else in the world do their jobs and leave them alone. live and let live!!
mrleahey

Monroeville, AL

#18 Mar 5, 2010
I to would like to thank the US Marshals Service, without this agency the last 5 inmates that escaped would still be free. Thanks again and may God Bless
ohplease

Pinola, MS

#19 Mar 5, 2010
Reading the posts on this site has been very entertaining, but that is all it is......ENTERTAINMENT. If facts are what you are interested in, then you need to rethink where you get your information. I could get this information from the local barber shop. And, honestly, do you really think that the deputies from the SO are responding to this? PLEASE........I could type in that I am the mayor, are you gonna believe that too?
waste of time

Madison, MS

#20 Mar 5, 2010
To the posting of our fine SO ... the sherrif was 2 faced when he was a game warden and carried it over to this office also .. there was a shooting threat at a county school (by a guy that was sent to the national guard instead of jail) and what do u theink they done ... NOTHING had to make them take a warrant out which has never been served .. just glad some of the city police told us of our rights in the mess ...n as for the other officers there well they are as womenizin pot smokin n drunks n that is a fact........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corinth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jason childers 2 hr jv1c24 1
Zach Thrasher 5 hr Stacy Lynn 1
day care 5 hr fact 6
Fall of the Church of the Crossroads 6 hr Former member 1
Robert Anthony Smotherman 6 hr Redd Neckman 9
Kristi Smith Franks 6 hr Wondering 3
Muslims and illegals 6 hr Redd Neckman 32
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corinth Mortgages