Liquor Petition is Out!
ACR

Monroeville, AL

#43 Sep 16, 2012
How much worse could it get? Corinth already sells beer. You can get just as drunk off beer, drive a car and kill yourself or someone else. You can also get drunk off of beer and beat your spouse and children. so regardless if they bring in liquor or not, alcorn county still sells ALCOHOL!!!!
ACR

Monroeville, AL

#44 Sep 16, 2012
MY COMMENT TO "JUST SAYING".I agree. Look at how many jobs we might get if they bring in restaurants like tupelo. and how many people drive all the way to tupelo to go out and eat? just don't be stupid and drink and drive!!! People die from alcohol because the are too damn stupid to get a sober person to drive them or just stay put!!! ALCOHOL is not the problem. People with no common sense is the problem !!!!!!!! If you are too stupid to realize that if you drive drunk you could kill yourself or some innocent person, then you don't need to drink to start with!!!!!
Finally

Mccomb, MS

#45 Sep 16, 2012
ACR wrote:
MY COMMENT TO "JUST SAYING".I agree. Look at how many jobs we might get if they bring in restaurants like tupelo. and how many people drive all the way to tupelo to go out and eat? just don't be stupid and drink and drive!!! People die from alcohol because the are too damn stupid to get a sober person to drive them or just stay put!!! ALCOHOL is not the problem. People with no common sense is the problem !!!!!!!! If you are too stupid to realize that if you drive drunk you could kill yourself or some innocent person, then you don't need to drink to start with!!!!!
AGREED
Sot

United States

#47 Sep 16, 2012
I like to hit the bottle!! Set me up barkeep!!
info

Bay Springs, MS

#48 Sep 17, 2012
We need the money, vote liquor in, corinth needs to come into the 21th century.
Jimmy

Corinth, MS

#49 Sep 17, 2012
Why are all you people against liquor so stupid? You think just because it gets voted in suddenly people are all gonna start drinking and having wrecks? Those that drink will find it and drink regardless. Those dumb enough to drink and drive will do it regardless. Why slow down growth of this town because of a few stupid people? They will get it somewhere either way. Those that don't drink won't suddenly begin to just because it's sold here. You think if cigarettes where not sold in Corinth than suddenly became legally available that everyone would suddenly start smoking?? Get off it people. You cannot prevent bad things just from keeping alcohol out of here. Of course the first wreck that occurs after it is brought back will of course be blamed on liquor being voted in, but that's typical for Corinth. It's always someone or something else's fault, never our own lack of common sense.
Gtown71

United States

#50 Sep 17, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
Why are all you people against liquor so stupid? You think just because it gets voted in suddenly people are all gonna start drinking and having wrecks? Those that drink will find it and drink regardless. Those dumb enough to drink and drive will do it regardless. Why slow down growth of this town because of a few stupid people? They will get it somewhere either way. Those that don't drink won't suddenly begin to just because it's sold here. You think if cigarettes where not sold in Corinth than suddenly became legally available that everyone would suddenly start smoking?? Get off it people. You cannot prevent bad things just from keeping alcohol out of here. Of course the first wreck that occurs after it is brought back will of course be blamed on liquor being voted in, but that's typical for Corinth. It's always someone or something else's fault, never our own lack of common sense.
I would not vote yes ,but that's my choice. I do know that the wine made in bible days WAS remitted ,and would get you drunk. It does fall on the shoulders of those who drink. It is sad when small kids ,or others get hurt or killed by someone else. Wine h a s about 12 or 13 percent alcohol. Liquor h a s around dc 40 to 50 percent alcohol. I have seen many places that sell liquor ,and it simply does not bring in that much more business. I must stand on the bible ,which is my choice. Wine is a locker and strong drink is raging. It is ok to have a glass or two of wine ,but if it becomes a problem to you or others that love you ,then you should stop. It will also become a stumbling block. If people seems well know Christian drinking glass of wine ,what would they say ? Even if the person only drinks once a year.,it does not matter,the damage is done. I have never seen a good looking liquor store . Most are thrash looking. Carl was correct ,when people drink too much and causes the death of someone,then it is legacy their fault ,but All who played a part in that person drinking to much are mortal responsible. The phrase people are going to get it somewhere is crazy. I know several people that smoke dope ,and they know where to get it. Sodom had all the worldly pleasures a person could want. We have towns near us that have all anyone could want,but why try and make every town like them? We also don t have many other things ,that people must drive a long way to get. I firmly believe ,if left up to city only ,then there will be liquor sold here asap. Time will tell,just how great or not,that it is.
Gtown71

United States

#51 Sep 17, 2012
Sorry about my spelling. Getting used to new phone :)
progress reporter

Corinth, MS

#52 Sep 17, 2012
Finally wrote:
Yes we have all the signature we need to vote thanks for all the supporters bottoms up, drink responsable
We do not have all the signatures we need!'Finally' is either misinformed or trying to stop our momentum. Get those sheets turned in or mailed.

http://www.corinthforavote.com/110-2/
imabeonit

Corinth, MS

#53 Sep 17, 2012
i ma be on that soon
Gtown71

United States

#54 Sep 17, 2012
When people go through the trouble to get divorced ,then there is usually a good reason ,and they do not go back many years later,to become remarried. Same with liquor. There was a reason they went through the trouble,to have it removed.
Finally

Ridgeland, MS

#55 Sep 17, 2012
Sorry I was miss informed, and for the gangster wanna be gtown71 i have known ppl get remarried to ssme person bc they made mistake pr got married to early but going with your thoughts if liquor was like marriage and then ppl that get a divorce should never get remarried to anyone bc it didnt work the first time so why try again???
Gtown71

United States

#56 Sep 17, 2012
Finally wrote:
Sorry I was miss informed, and for the gangster wanna be gtown71 i have known ppl get remarried to ssme person bc they made mistake pr got married to early but going with your thoughts if liquor was like marriage and then ppl that get a divorce should never get remarried to anyone bc it didnt work the first time so why try again???
Good point. I to know people who have remarried the same person. I am just saying ,that the people who are all for this,do not see anything but good,but there was a reason they stopped selling this years ago. Plus,what if there was a county only vote on stuff,that would effect the city? How would you feel about that? Why not just get it down to all who drink vone? The people have spoken on this issue,but it seems more like a socialI'm deal,more than a democracy. It is kinda like saying we are going to let only pig farmers vote on having pig farms inside city limits. No need to worry what I think. You will get liquor,if you only let those who are for it vote,are you not? People want liquor,but they do not want to take responsibility for all the bad it brings. Well you must take the bad with the good.
ACR

Monroeville, AL

#57 Sep 17, 2012
I don't drink, but i am absolutely for the growth of corinth. how many people are unemployed? how many jobs may be brought from new restaurants? my view is anyone who is gonna drink and cause problems or accidents can already do that here by drinking beer!! it gets you drink and causes problems just like liquor! Plus poeople who drink liquor just go to guntown or tennessee and bring it right back to corinth. why put money into those towns instead of our own? if people who live in corinth are gonna drink liquor their gonna do it whether corinth sells it or not.
Gtown71

United States

#58 Sep 17, 2012
ACR wrote:
I don't drink, but i am absolutely for the growth of corinth. how many people are unemployed? how many jobs may be brought from new restaurants? my view is anyone who is gonna drink and cause problems or accidents can already do that here by drinking beer!! it gets you drink and causes problems just like liquor! Plus poeople who drink liquor just go to guntown or tennessee and bring it right back to corinth. why put money into those towns instead of our own? if people who live in corinth are gonna drink liquor their gonna do it whether corinth sells it or not.
You have well spoke. If they want it,they can get it,only a 20 min drive. Have you seen any new restaurants come to any place that sells it? Sabbath? Baldwin? Cherries al ? If they do not have any new ones,and have even lost some they do have,what makes you think corning will get any ? This is what the believers try and sell people on,yet you can look at any town that sells it,and know it does not work !
Gtown71

United States

#59 Sep 17, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have well spoke. If they want it,they can get it,only a 20 min drive. Have you seen any new restaurants come to any place that sells it? Sabbath? Baldwin? Cherries al ? If they do not have any new ones,and have even lost some they do have,what makes you think corning will get any ? This is what the believers try and sell people on,yet you can look at any town that sells it,and know it does not work !
Sorry bad spelling. Money I will get used to it. Money call are right,and we will get a Ruth Chris steak house? But I doubt it. Lol
ACR

Monroeville, AL

#60 Sep 17, 2012
I'm not saying that we will get new business. but corinth is a lot bigger and i would hope they would. whether they bring in liquor or not corinth needs new job opportunities.
him not smart

Corinth, MS

#61 Sep 17, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have well spoke. If they want it,they can get it,only a 20 min drive. Have you seen any new restaurants come to any place that sells it? Sabbath? Baldwin? Cherries al ? If they do not have any new ones,and have even lost some they do have,what makes you think corning will get any ? This is what the believers try and sell people on,yet you can look at any town that sells it,and know it does not work !
This guy's ^^ intelligence shines through his writing. Good thing he can't vote on liquor.
Finally

Jackson, MS

#62 Sep 17, 2012
There are ppl in the city that don't approve of it and I'm sure they will vote but talking about not letting county vote either they have there own laws and the city now sells beer but county don't who voted on that?
Gtown71

United States

#63 Sep 17, 2012
him not smart wrote:
<quoted text>
This guy's ^^ intelligence shines through his writing. Good thing he can't vote on liquor.
I am sorry,,you are right. I forgot how I love to go to Savannah or cherries to eat at their fine new restaurants,that liquor has brought in. Lol
Just another example of ,if you do not agree with me,then you have no say. You know kinda like city is doing to the county,?

I have lived in this area for 14 years,and have watched it grow leaps and bounds,and without liquor.

You will get to see what it does to Corinthians,when you get it voted in.

If it does not get voted in by city,then money you can make a law,that says only people who will vote yes can vote? Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corinth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My name is Jeremy K Little 31 min Lmao 6
caterpillar Craig beech 45 min employee 2
Anger and unhappiness 1 hr Greatful 2
Local teachers preaching in the classroom. 1 hr please 31
Jim Rhodes 2 hr MeanGene72 6
Missing you 4 hr hello 25
Angie Gilliam (Oct '13) 12 hr CURIOUS 10

Corinth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corinth Mortgages