Att: Parents of Kossuth School District

Att: Parents of Kossuth School District

Posted in the Corinth Forum

Carol H - Alcorn Co

Jackson, MS

#1 Jan 5, 2009
This is to bring to all parents attention that the Alcorn Co. School Board is having another board meeting on January 12th @ 4 p.m. All parents whom are concerned about the board discontinueing some of the Kossuth School bus routes, please show up for this meeting. I have a petition that anyone can sign, against the school board taking away our Kossuth buses and making our children go to Biggersville or Corinth. This is unfair that children have went to a school their entire lives and now are being made to change schools due to a bus not running in their area, where is always has before. The school board claims that due to budget problems (which the taxpayers did not cause) they are being forced to cut bus routes. The board has not voted on this yet I have heard that they have already made up their mind. Please come to this meeting and show your support for our children.
Carol H - Alcorn Co

Jackson, MS

#2 Feb 4, 2009
FYI for all those parents interested in this month's Alcorn County School Board meeting, the meeting time has been changed from 5 pm to 3 pm. They only do this when they don't want any of the public to attend. I will most certainly be there to make sure that they don't try to pull any wool over our eyes concerning the school buses for the 2009-2010 for Kossuth. I will also have my petition there for anyone whom would like to sign. All help and concern will be greatly appreciated. Please try to be there! THANKS!
Wake-Up Ladies

AOL

#3 Feb 4, 2009
COMMUNICATION-FOLKS !!! GET WITH THE TIMES !
OUR YOUTH, KNOW MORE-THEN WE DO !!! Da !
Carol H - Alcorn Co

Jackson, MS

#4 Feb 9, 2009
Well, rumor has it that Mr. Stacy Suggs and Wayne Henry just got a $10,000 raise/bonus. Gee...I wonder how far in debt that puts the Alcorn County School Board now? I got a call from a person that spoke w/ Suggs TODAY and he told them that the board will be discussing the bus routes for the 2009/2010 tomorrow, Feb 10th and 3 pm. Notice that the time has been moved up. Just more proof that they want the public left out as much as possible! All I can say is BRING IT....as a tax payer and citizen of Alcorn County I will fight tooth and nail to keep my children's school bus! So Board members, put that in your pipe and smoke it...'bout like ya did all that $$$ that you can't seem to account for!
Carol H - Alc Co

Meridian, MS

#5 Feb 9, 2009
FYI...just found out that the changes in bus routes will effect Wheeler Grove area and even as far as into the 500's in county roads. This will effect some Alc. Central children making them go to another county school! Guess it's not just Kossuth that is getting hit...its ALL the Alc. Co. schools! So watch out parents....just whom will these new changes effect? Better stay on your toes and don't let the board pull the wool over your eyes! I am extremely DISAPPOINTED in our NEW super. of education! I can tell you that when election time rolls around again, I sure won't make the same mistake twice....
Carol H - Alcorn Co

Jackson, MS

#6 Feb 11, 2009
Thank you to all the citizens whom showed up at yesterday's Alc. Co. Board meeting. Many things were said that needed to be and just for those whom didn't get to attend....man you don't know exactly what you missed. First of all, the board is trying to say that some of us live in other voting districts. Me for example, live in the 4th voting District. Mr. Carroll Morton tried to tell me and all the members of my community that we lived in the 3rd District, when we most certainly DO NOT! I personally spoke w/ my district supervisor, GARY ROSS and he informed me that the school board is very misinformed! We DO live in the 4th District!!!! So...now we have contacted Mr. Eric Powell and he is on the band wagon for this situation. Anyone whom feels that they may be effected as we are not the only county road to have bus changes for next school year. Those of you whom your children attend Kossuth and ride the bus and they ride bus 161, then you will be effected!
Carol H - Alcorn Co

Jackson, MS

#7 Mar 4, 2009
FYI...this month's Alc. School Board meeting is set for Tuesday, March 10th @ 5 p.m. But you never know when they are going to change the day or move the time up. You can go to the Alcorn. School Board website http://www.alcorn.k12.ms.us/ for any changes. I still have a petition available for any parent whose child/children rides bus 161 to sign if they would like to.
Carol H - Alcorn Co

Jackson, MS

#8 Mar 10, 2009
Just thought I'd let anyone know who's interested....WTVA will be at tonight's Alc. Co. School Board meeting. They will be on location @ 4:30 and will be there during the meeting.
Pico89

Toledo, OH

#9 Sep 14, 2011
Dang carol

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#10 Sep 14, 2011
Pico89 wrote:
Dang carol
Hey it ws a very important issue to me in 2009...and believe me I got my point accross and we still have the school bus!!

ctown70

Since: Aug 10

United States

#11 Sep 14, 2011
Dangit, fake Pico. I hate seeing threads like this where I can mock some stupidity only to realize that they are two years old.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corinth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pirates 1 hr Locate 1
Any Luthiers in Corinth? 1 hr Locate 2
drug and gang activity on nashway 2 hr concerned 1
Sewage plant coming to Corinth! 3 hr Thunder Dumps 1
Cecily Lipford has driven me insane. 4 hr Brady the dopehead 17
News Judge targeted for jailing people who can't aff... 5 hr Locate 9
Dating Sites (May '14) 6 hr grossmaer37 31

Corinth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance