A "sin" to celebrate Jesus's birth to...

A "sin" to celebrate Jesus's birth today?

Posted in the Corinth Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Bored and Annoyed”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#1 Dec 25, 2012
Most preachers or church theologians will admit the date of Jesus's birth is NOT December 25. It is actually a pegan celebration called Saturnalia.
What does the bible say about this?

DEUTERONOMY 12:28 "Observe and obey all these words which I command you, that it may go well with you and your children after you forever, when you do what is good and right in the sight of the LORD your God. 29 When the LORD your God cuts off from before you the nations which you go to dispossess, and you displace them and dwell in their land, 30 take heed to yourself that you are not ensnared to follow them, after they are destroyed from before you, and that you do not inquire after their gods, saying,'How did these nations serve their gods? I also will do likewise.' 31 "You shall not worship the LORD your God in that way; for every abomination to the LORD which He hates they have done to their gods; for they burn even their sons and daughters in the fire to their gods. 32 Whatever I command you, be careful to observe it; you shall not add to it nor take away from it.(NKJV)

Odd discovery this morning. What do you think about this?
crane

Tucker, GA

#2 Dec 25, 2012
smarty_pants wrote:
Most preachers or church theologians will admit the date of Jesus's birth is NOT December 25. It is actually a pegan celebration called Saturnalia.
What does the bible say about this?

DEUTERONOMY 12:28 "Observe and obey all these words which I command you, that it may go well with you and your children after you forever, when you do what is good and right in the sight of the LORD your God. 29 When the LORD your God cuts off from before you the nations which you go to dispossess, and you displace them and dwell in their land, 30 take heed to yourself that you are not ensnared to follow them, after they are destroyed from before you, and that you do not inquire after their gods, saying,'How did these nations serve their gods? I also will do likewise.' 31 "You shall not worship the LORD your God in that way; for every abomination to the LORD which He hates they have done to their gods; for they burn even their sons and daughters in the fire to their gods. 32 Whatever I command you, be careful to observe it; you shall not add to it nor take away from it.(NKJV)

Odd discovery this morning. What do you think about this?
This makes no sense at all. First you say most preachers or church theologians yet I have hardly ever heard this arguement made ever. Where is your source for this first claim. Second, the bible verses you quoted have nothing to do with christmas at all or the celebration of the birth of Jesus. It seems to me that somewhere along tge line you have gone from a person that use to make reasonable comments from time to time to just an everyday troll trying to stir up something normally based on religion. And don't think you are going to have some long drawn out internet battle with me about this. I don't care if you have the last word or not, it doesn't bother me at all. Just come up with some better material next time and don't copy and paste stuff from other people's websites and pass the ideas off as your own.

“Bored and Annoyed”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3 Dec 25, 2012
No long drawn out argument. "Everyone" or at least I thought, "knew" this wasn't the actual date Jesus was born.

If you didn't know that, as a christian- you should be ashamed.

The only "new" information I posted was this link between why "we" chose today to celebrate.

Don't take my word for it. Do your own research. You'll find similar results.

Trolling, maybe. Just hoping I compel you to think. Not argue.

“Bored and Annoyed”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#4 Dec 25, 2012
crane wrote:
<quoted text>This makes no sense at all. First you say most preachers or church theologians yet I have hardly ever heard this arguement made ever. Where is your source for this first claim. Second, the bible verses you quoted have nothing to do with christmas at all or the celebration of the birth of Jesus. It seems to me that somewhere along tge line you have gone from a person that use to make reasonable comments from time to time to just an everyday troll trying to stir up something normally based on religion. And don't think you are going to have some long drawn out internet battle with me about this. I don't care if you have the last word or not, it doesn't bother me at all. Just come up with some better material next time and don't copy and paste stuff from other people's websites and pass the ideas off as your own.
I repeat- you're a joke of a Christian if you really thought this day was the actual birth date of Christ.

Have you never even studied your bible?

Christians like you make a bad name for your religion. No knowledge. No research. No facts.
meanjogreen

United States

#5 Dec 25, 2012
Much like easter & Passover & names like Morning Star & Rock as examples , these were tossed in by the Kenites to confuse . Truth be known DEC. 25th is Christ conception (date of birth in late september). Christ was first with us on Dec. 25 th Alive in Marys womb . Abortion is murder because LIFE exist.

“Bored and Annoyed”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#6 Dec 25, 2012
I really had never studied the verses I quoted from Deuteronomy. The thought that God would not want you to adopt other holidays in translation as a way to celebrate Him.... I do not share this personal opinion. Only pointing out what the bible says.
Shopper

Tupelo, MS

#7 Dec 25, 2012
Blind leading the blind and sheep trying to Shepard in these threads.

“Bored and Annoyed”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#8 Dec 25, 2012
Shopper wrote:
Blind leading the blind and sheep trying to Shepard in these threads.
Definitely not a Shepard, here. But yes. You are all sheep, that's for sure.
Spooner

Canton, MS

#9 Dec 25, 2012
smarty_pants wrote:
Most preachers or church theologians will admit the date of Jesus's birth is NOT December 25. It is actually a pegan celebration called Saturnalia.
What does the bible say about this?
DEUTERONOMY 12:28 "Observe and obey all these words which I command you, that it may go well with you and your children after you forever, when you do what is good and right in the sight of the LORD your God. 29 When the LORD your God cuts off from before you the nations which you go to dispossess, and you displace them and dwell in their land, 30 take heed to yourself that you are not ensnared to follow them, after they are destroyed from before you, and that you do not inquire after their gods, saying,'How did these nations serve their gods? I also will do likewise.' 31 "You shall not worship the LORD your God in that way; for every abomination to the LORD which He hates they have done to their gods; for they burn even their sons and daughters in the fire to their gods. 32 Whatever I command you, be careful to observe it; you shall not add to it nor take away from it.(NKJV)
Odd discovery this morning. What do you think about this?
My, my
Obamas Mama

Dallas, TX

#10 Dec 25, 2012
smarty_pants wrote:
Most preachers or church theologians will admit the date of Jesus's birth is NOT December 25. It is actually a pegan celebration called Saturnalia.
What does the bible say about this?
DEUTERONOMY 12:28 "Observe and obey all these words which I command you, that it may go well with you and your children after you forever, when you do what is good and right in the sight of the LORD your God. 29 When the LORD your God cuts off from before you the nations which you go to dispossess, and you displace them and dwell in their land, 30 take heed to yourself that you are not ensnared to follow them, after they are destroyed from before you, and that you do not inquire after their gods, saying,'How did these nations serve their gods? I also will do likewise.' 31 "You shall not worship the LORD your God in that way; for every abomination to the LORD which He hates they have done to their gods; for they burn even their sons and daughters in the fire to their gods. 32 Whatever I command you, be careful to observe it; you shall not add to it nor take away from it.(NKJV)
Odd discovery this morning. What do you think about this?
You are correct that this is a pagan holiday and should not be observed by Christains. Did it ever occur to you that all these people that are making this claim and celebrating this holiday as religious are not really Christain.
meanjogreen

United States

#11 Dec 25, 2012
Atheist tards , Christians worship Christ & can't help your pagan day is the same. If ya don't like CHRISTmas go do your pagan thang.

“Bored and Annoyed”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#12 Dec 25, 2012
meanjogreen wrote:
Atheist tards , Christians worship Christ & can't help your pagan day is the same. If ya don't like CHRISTmas go do your pagan thang.
If you have a Christmas Tree- you too, are doing your "pagan thang."

Look it up.
Nicnac

Goodland, KS

#13 Dec 26, 2012
smarty_pants wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeat- you're a joke of a Christian if you really thought this day was the actual birth date of Christ.
Have you never even studied your bible?
Christians like you make a bad name for your religion. No knowledge. No research. No facts.
So much for Christians and "not judging"
Gtown71

United States

#14 Dec 26, 2012
I don't think it's a sin to celebrate the birth of Jesus today.
I think those who truly love Him, should do this everyday. I do in my own way.

“Bored and Annoyed”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#15 Dec 26, 2012
Nicnac wrote:
<quoted text>So much for Christians and "not judging"
I'm a Jew. And we're quite judgmental.
meanjogreen

United States

#16 Dec 26, 2012
smarty_pants wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have a Christmas Tree- you too, are doing your "pagan thang."
Look it up.
if you put half that effort in learning Christianity rather than Paganism then you might be more than a troll . Christ is referred to as a a "Great fur tree & a ceder of lebonon" in several places . Thats how you get a ChRISTMAS tree . YOU may have a "PAGAN" tree or an X-mas tree or a Holliday tree or whatever you wish to call it , maybe an evolution tree BUT CHRISTIANS have a CHRISTmas tree as rememberence to JESUS being with us . Do your homework .

“Bored and Annoyed”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#17 Dec 26, 2012
meanjogreen wrote:
<quoted text>if you put half that effort in learning Christianity rather than Paganism then you might be more than a troll . Christ is referred to as a a "Great fur tree & a ceder of lebonon" in several places . Thats how you get a ChRISTMAS tree . YOU may have a "PAGAN" tree or an X-mas tree or a Holliday tree or whatever you wish to call it , maybe an evolution tree BUT CHRISTIANS have a CHRISTmas tree as rememberence to JESUS being with us . Do your homework .
Oh yeah? Where's that in the new Testament? I don't remember reading that.
Nicnac

Goodland, KS

#18 Dec 26, 2012
smarty_pants wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a Jew. And we're quite judgmental.
Lmao finally someone on here with a personality!
Sec

Loyal, WI

#19 Dec 26, 2012
I'm a Christian and attend a Baptist church, and I do know that Jesus was most likely born in the spring. Dec. 25th was decided on by a monk in the 2nd century. This date was in the middle of the Winter solstice celebration. This solved 2 problems- a date for Jesus birth (which was unknown) and a way to smother out pagan celebrations. For me, I don't need to know the exact date of His birth, to love Him and celebrate the greatest gift ever given.

All Christians should question what they are told by others. Read things for yourself and ask for wisdom and discernment to understand.

@Smarty pants- the verses are interesting I'll check it out. Thanks
meanjogreen

United States

#20 Dec 26, 2012
smarty_pants wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah? Where's that in the new Testament? I don't remember reading that.
ill even give you a 3rd example refering to GOD "Evergreen" . Now put effort in it or join a denomination & reap what you sew. At least try to use "goggle". But i expect you will not even try because you seem very determined to see paganism . John 8:43 & 44 may explain why you cant see. Or its for your own protection . Also you will NEVER understand anything much if you limit yourself to the NEW Testament.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corinth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hookers in corinth (Jul '13) 57 min true 37
Shirley Dogs 2 hr A mother 10
ned 2 hr A mother 3
female snuggle buddies 3 hr Chatter45 3
shane tiffany lindsey 5 hr really 13
Shane Joiner 8 hr Bobby Wayne 8
Sarah Evans 8 hr Life Long Friend 7

Corinth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corinth Mortgages