Topix Moderator Thread

“Bored and Annoyed”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#93 Mar 26, 2011
Top Mod 5 wrote:
Hey Corinth! I've noticed a lot more activity here and just want to let you know that we Topix Mods are here to answer your questions.
Also I've seen a lot of name threads and wanted to remind everyone that posting personal information about people without their permission and cyber-bullying are not allowed. If you see any posts that need removing please click the "report" link and let us know!
Thanks,
Top Mod 5
(admin@Topix)
Moderator request? See above...
Say What

Mount Juliet, TN

#94 Mar 26, 2011
Yes, that was a horrible thread, tgom.

I have reported some and they were removed. But it won't stop these people. Unless their IP addresses are banned, they will continue. It's hopeless. They are already starting the Brigg's thread again. Unless the rules are changed, there is really no point in reporting these people.

“Bored and Annoyed”

Location hidden

#95 Mar 26, 2011
smarty_pants wrote:
<quoted text>
Moderator request? See above...
Premature. Excuse me- and, never mind. However Mod5, I am curious. In all of your, what I am sure is 'busy business'- Did you end up in Corinth? Why did the gods turn their eyes to such a small town? Were your "report abuse"'s completely overrun with prayers and cries for help more so than most towns?

Location hidden

#96 Mar 26, 2011
smarty_pants wrote:
<quoted text>Premature. Excuse me- and, never mind. However Mod5, I am curious. In all of your, what I am sure is 'busy business'- Did you end up in Corinth? Why did the gods turn their eyes to such a small town? Were your "report abuse"'s completely overrun with prayers and cries for help more so than most towns?
The AG told them to clean it up or face legal action. It was reported in today's Daily Corinthian. So now would be a realky good time to report problem threads!

“Bored and Annoyed”

Location hidden

#97 Mar 26, 2011
Smiles- wrote:
<quoted text>
The AG told them to clean it up or face legal action. It was reported in today's Daily Corinthian. So now would be a realky good time to report problem threads!
Looking for a much more specific answer from them....

“Bored and Annoyed”

Location hidden

#98 Mar 26, 2011
Again. Never mind. I just read the paper.
sassy

Corinth, MS

#99 Mar 26, 2011
Dawg Man wrote:
Look at "sassy" on all of the topix concerning Stacy Suggs.
SS hadn't I told you 3 times I post from hot spots and open networks besides mine? AND a throw away phone! ALWAYS! Give it up! lol
hey christie!

Elgin, TX

#100 Mar 26, 2011
No need to look up your ip I know who you are!

Since: Dec 10

United States

#102 Mar 26, 2011
Numerous people from the area have also been making reports to Topix. The people of Corinth should be ashamed of themselves needing a babysitter (no offense to the moderators)! Other towns don't have this problem. Thank you again moderators for stepping in.

United States

#103 Mar 26, 2011
Numerous people from this area have complained to Topix about the behavior on here. Corinth should be ashamed needing a babysitter (no offense intended to the moderators) because they don't know how to behave when other towns don't have this problem. Thank you again moderators for stepping in!

United States

#104 Mar 26, 2011
Sorry, didn't mean to double post, the first one didn't appear to go through

“MDK”

Corinth (for the time being)

#105 Mar 26, 2011
Silliness wrote:
Numerous people from this area have complained to Topix about the behavior on here. Corinth should be ashamed needing a babysitter (no offense intended to the moderators) because they don't know how to behave when other towns don't have this problem. Thank you again moderators for stepping in!
That is mostly in part because the residents of corinth are Keyboard warriors.... Online tough guys/gals. Apparently never toted an arse-whooping. I've kicked some, and got mine kicked a few times, and it made me a better person, because I don't talk trash on online forums. I try to respect everyone equally unless they are an idiot, then I will continue to let themselves make a fool out of themselves. I don't get wound up unless someone comes to my home and starts running their mouth and trying to do something that would be frowned upon in society. Then at which point, I hope they ARE as bulletproof as their mouth makes them out to be.
mee mee

Newark, NJ

#106 Mar 26, 2011
Mt_Dew_king wrote:
<quoted text>That is mostly in part because the residents of corinth are Keyboard warriors.... Online tough guys/gals. Apparently never toted an arse-whooping. I've kicked some, and got mine kicked a few times, and it made me a better person, because I don't talk trash on online forums. I try to respect everyone equally unless they are an idiot, then I will continue to let themselves make a fool out of themselves. I don't get wound up unless someone comes to my home and starts running their mouth and trying to do something that would be frowned upon in society. Then at which point, I hope they ARE as bulletproof as their mouth makes them out to be.
I like the way u think! I was slandered through a topix site, way before I knew about topix. It actually caused a big family ordeal , especially with my children ! I normally do not care what people say, this town has always enjoyed slamming people. I myself have complained to topix about some of their disgusting comments that have been made on their site. I do hope this AG helps with all of this . I do care about my reputation, but care more about my childrens, feelings. I spoke with an attorney and AG! Being a female , and a girly one at that I don't think I could stomp a$$, especially when the villains are double my size .
About Time

Corinth, MS

#107 Mar 26, 2011
Sadly, I wonder if they'll do anything now, looking back through the pages I found this from last August.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/corinth-ms/TS...
Basically, wtva out of Tupelo reporting on this site and how the AG has been "monitoring" Topix.
8 months and they are just now putting a mod here?

Since: Jun 08

Topix Headquarters

#108 Mar 26, 2011
tgom wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/cit y/corinth-ms/TLA7QJJ2LTB16IDRA
the cruelest thread yet
thank you in advance
I removed this thread - I wanted to save it because the original intention was good - but looking through the comments there was WAY too much off-topic personal information about the family and I just removed it entirely.

thanks for the heads up tgom!

Topix Headquarters

#109 Mar 26, 2011
smarty_pants wrote:
<quoted text>
Premature. Excuse me- and, never mind. However Mod5, I am curious. In all of your, what I am sure is 'busy business'- Did you end up in Corinth? Why did the gods turn their eyes to such a small town? Were your "report abuse"'s completely overrun with prayers and cries for help more so than most towns?
We actually noticed an uptick in the iphone traffic in from Corinth, popped in, and saw all of the youngsters going crazy with the postings. You'd be surprised at how *few* report abuse reports we've gotten from Corinth, actually. That's why I keep telling people...let us know when you see something that we need to review!

Thanks for the q smarty pants!

Topix Headquarters

#110 Mar 26, 2011
Smarty Pants & Smiles - you might actually be interested in this recent story on topix: http://www.courierpress.com/news/2011/mar/24/...
so what

United States

#111 Mar 26, 2011
About Time wrote:
Sadly, I wonder if they'll do anything now, looking back through the pages I found this from last August.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/corinth-ms/TS...
Basically, wtva out of Tupelo reporting on this site and how the AG has been "monitoring" Topix.
8 months and they are just now putting a mod here?
Don't you know a little bit about the law?? Worst thing that can happen is slander! When I don't own anything it would be kinda hard to get anything! Don't you know that nobody can be jailed for FREEDOM of speech? Really I wish they could. I would be a rich man on the state

“I find no solace in solitaire”

Location hidden

#112 Mar 26, 2011
so what wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you know a little bit about the law?? Worst thing that can happen is slander! When I don't own anything it would be kinda hard to get anything! Don't you know that nobody can be jailed for FREEDOM of speech? Really I wish they could. I would be a rich man on the state
Hey Counselor,

They say anything in law school to you about the "yelling Fire in a crowded theatre"?

No?

What was that law school again? You know, the one you so proudly graduated from. The one where slander deals with the written word and where Freedom of Speech allows you to say anything.

What. A. Joke.
quick fix

United States

#113 Mar 26, 2011
Thanks tm5! Topix looks a LOT better!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corinth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Porch ordinance 57 min Lexie Higgins 4
Buddy Wilbanks band 3 hr Whew long ago 30
SEC Football 4 hr buckeye 69
Splash Pad in Corinth 4 hr True 10
Please remove your political signs 6 hr Too much 8
Shooting? 6 hr concerned 5
who shot woody 6 hr concerned 42
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corinth Mortgages