you cannot be democratic and call you...

you cannot be democratic and call yourself Christian

Posted in the Corinth Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
cold hard truth

United States

#1 Sep 23, 2012
Anyone agree?? Its almost like an oxymoron...."Christian democrat"....especially now more than ever.
truth

Dallas, TX

#2 Sep 23, 2012
cold hard truth wrote:
Anyone agree?? Its almost like an oxymoron...."Christian democrat"....especially now more than ever.
you can't be judging everyone and calling yourself christian
Yeah what ever

Corinth, MS

#3 Sep 23, 2012
I heard J T make that statement on his radio show. That was a pompous jackass statement he made acting as if he is an authority on the subject.
cold hard truth

United States

#4 Sep 23, 2012
Ah. The old "judging"argument... .judging is me saying their going to hell...i'm saying their s upporting abortion and tearing down the structure of a mom & dad family
geezz

Madison, MS

#5 Sep 23, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
you can't be judging everyone and calling yourself christian
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!
weezer

United States

#6 Sep 23, 2012
I dont see where anyone is being judged! The statemen/question was how can anyone call thereselfs a Christian and be a Democrat?

The statment/ question was refering to the Leaders of the Dem party and the dem party as a whole now publicly and very openly supporting gay marraige and abortion. Which according to Christian values are imoral!

but we all know the dems want to avoid answering the question. So the only answer you will get is another question or talked over or called a name.

I bet Dems running for office in MS will avoid telling the people of MS where they stand on gay marraige and abortion.
Gtown71

United States

#7 Sep 23, 2012
Christians are not only to judge now, but will judge in the ages to come. The verse about judge not lest you be judged has been taken out of context more then any, and used by those who want their sins justified.

Kind of like the turn the other cheek verse. It is directed to christians who willingly make other christians mad enough to hit them, but if just someone you don 't know hits you for no reason, you should tear in to them.
weezer

United States

#8 Sep 23, 2012
The only man that will judge you once your earthy body dies is the Lord himself! From my understanding Jesus will act as your lawyer.

If you are truly saved you will not be present on Judgement Day. From my understanding.
guy

Plumerville, AR

#9 Sep 24, 2012
The title is so true. Rome was a republic and Jesus hated them too. Jesus was an anarchist tossing over tables in temples, preaching in the public forums refusing to pay the 50 dinari license fee, FISHING without a license, MANUFACTURING FOOD and giving it to people without being approved by the Roman FDA. PRACTICING MEDICINE without a doctors license.

He was a long haired criminal who said all this stuff sucks man. Fight the power. If jesus was here the current flock supposedly following him would lock him up for 40 years and applaud a rich texan who wants to be president when he says he should be electrocuted cause the death penalty for such people is like a huggable plush teddy bear that keeps the boogeymen out of our civilized lives.

I mean jesus was TOTALLY a person pushing a strong state like a caucasian confucius. Mark ch 3 vs 22 - To question the state is to weaken the state and to weaken the state is to invite satan into your eardrums where the 7th drum beat will unlock the day or ragnarok. or sumthin
truth

Dallas, TX

#10 Sep 24, 2012
weezer wrote:
I dont see where anyone is being judged! The statemen/question was how can anyone call thereselfs a Christian and be a Democrat?
The statment/ question was refering to the Leaders of the Dem party and the dem party as a whole now publicly and very openly supporting gay marraige and abortion. Which according to Christian values are imoral!
but we all know the dems want to avoid answering the question. So the only answer you will get is another question or talked over or called a name.
I bet Dems running for office in MS will avoid telling the people of MS where they stand on gay marraige and abortion.
The republican party is full of fornicators, adulterers, homosexuals, liars, and every other kind of vile sinful person just like the democrats. So you tell me how you are going to differentiate between the two and decide belonging to one over the other would remove your christian status. Quite making such asinine statements.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#11 Sep 24, 2012
Then reality strikes.
Jesus never told ANY of his followers to pass laws or to take over governments.
Anybody who tells you they are voting with God is telling you a big fat lie.
truth

Dallas, TX

#12 Sep 24, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
Christians are not only to judge now, but will judge in the ages to come. The verse about judge not lest you be judged has been taken out of context more then any, and used by those who want their sins justified.
Kind of like the turn the other cheek verse. It is directed to christians who willingly make other christians mad enough to hit them, but if just someone you don 't know hits you for no reason, you should tear in to them.
and just when I thought I had heard it all. You never cease to amaze me with your level of understanding the written word.
truth

Dallas, TX

#13 Sep 24, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
PS: makes me just shake my head LOL
Gtown71

United States

#14 Sep 24, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
and just when I thought I had heard it all. You never cease to amaze me with your level of understanding the written word.
You think we will be dancing with little gay angels?

The answer to the first poster is Yes.you can do some pretty damnable things and be A christian. I should know. You also pay for it on this earth, again I should know. I got the scars and the t shirt. ;)
fanatic

Plumerville, AR

#15 Sep 24, 2012
Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again

Go ahead and be a prick to everyone who isn't what you see in the mirror. When your judgement comes and you don't get a whiff of slack or special circumstances then you will know why you get to be the one to scoop up unicorn turds.
let me splain

Corinth, MS

#16 Sep 24, 2012
WRONG!! This has to do with Jesus Christ now! Not dem or rep. The person we have in there now hates Jesus Christ! That's all I need to know!
Gtown71

United States

#17 Sep 24, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: makes me just shake my head LOL
Since you are so above reproach and never judge anyone, how about we find a child molester to move in with your kids? Now since he was born that way, and you don 't judge, well I think it will be a win win situation.:)
Christian

Englewood, CO

#18 Sep 24, 2012
YOU CAN NOT BE A CHRISTIAN BY JUDGING SOMEONE ELSE AND THIER BELIEFS.
truth

Dallas, TX

#19 Sep 24, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are so above reproach and never judge anyone, how about we find a child molester to move in with your kids? Now since he was born that way, and you don 't judge, well I think it will be a win win situation.:)
I was shaking my head over your statement: When Christ told people if a person hits you to turn the other cheek, that this only applies to other christians for others that hit you tear into them. Eye for an Eye and a tooth for a tooth. Are you serious? How you got to a child molester moving in with me I have no idea. I would tell you to repent but you do not have to.
Gtown71

United States

#21 Sep 24, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I was shaking my head over your statement: When Christ told people if a person hits you to turn the other cheek, that this only applies to other christians for others that hit you tear into them. Eye for an Eye and a tooth for a tooth. Are you serious? How you got to a child molester moving in with me I have no idea. I would tell you to repent but you do not have to.
Not eye for eye, but was just saying if a stranger comes at you to mean you or your fanily harm, what do you do? Tell him that you are a christian and turn your cheek? Just trying to prove a point on the child molester. Of course we all judge people. It 's talking about unfair judging or judging someone just to belittle them is wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corinth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pizza Hut improved 58 min Fact 4
Who handles these? (Jan '11) 58 min John 25
Corinth teachers & coaches 1 hr pinkfloydprophecy 8
murder suspect 2 hr truth 1
indictment in Woody and tay murder case 2 hr really 42
MM luck of the irish!! 3 hr Neighbor 5
Aren't you married? 4 hr Who 9
Dumping Puppies, 5 hr cant_ tell 102
More from around the web

Personal Finance