Meat-slicing facility laying off 100 ...

Meat-slicing facility laying off 100 workers

There are 27 comments on the Mississippi Business Journal story from May 16, 2013, titled Meat-slicing facility laying off 100 workers. In it, Mississippi Business Journal reports that:

BOONEVILLE - Plumrose USA has laid off 100 workers at its meat slicing plant in Booneville, Miss.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mississippi Business Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Spooner

Canton, MS

#1 May 16, 2013
Go obama, hope and change.

And we as a Country gave him 4 more years.

..........Laughable..........
YepYep

Corinth, MS

#2 May 16, 2013
they be wacking off...workers that is.
Fase Palmer

Monroeville, AL

#3 May 16, 2013
That's what happens, Booneville, when you don't vote in liquor.
Spooner

Canton, MS

#4 May 16, 2013
Fase Palmer wrote:
That's what happens, Booneville, when you don't vote in liquor.
Good one.
seriously

United States

#5 May 16, 2013
Not legalizing the sale of alchol has nothing to do with Plumrose closing its doors. It does however have a lot to do with Obama and his stupid a$$!!!
seriously

United States

#6 May 16, 2013
Laying off not closing its doors. Sorry.
Tyler

Corinth, MS

#7 May 16, 2013
Its Joe Eaton and Obama's fault they laying off. Obama care will ruin this country. Joe's being mayor will ruin this city
truth

Ecru, MS

#8 May 17, 2013
Must be a lot of drunks in Booneville and Prentiss county.......They seem to think alcohol is the answer to every problem.
Watching You

Booneville, MS

#9 May 17, 2013
college buying it more parking and buildings in near future
Chilling

Booneville, MS

#10 May 17, 2013
Don't you know that you must always have a Bologna sandwich , After a hard knight of Drinking !!!! I vote for Alcohol and Bologna . Lets get Booneville back to work !!!
Barstool

Corinth, MS

#11 May 17, 2013
Truth is that place was poorly run by management. Nothing more, nothing less. That place is a joke. I feel bad for the 100 laid off.
No Ruth

Tupelo, MS

#12 May 17, 2013
I get pretty sick of the gvmt blamers rhetoric if you aren't getting by then it's your own fault. Plenty of people are making money right now just not in factory jobs. Factories are not going to sustain people here much longer there's no more furniture factory to accommodate every dropout that doesn't feel like learning while in school. Fast food and service industry jobs will be all that's left pretty soon for populations who aren't educated enough to innovate and adapt. In the words of earl butz, adapt or die, like it or not those are your choices.

Instead of concentrating your energy on hating Obama you could be learning a skilled trade or going back to college to find a job in the new economy
Joe

United States

#15 May 17, 2013
They're moving to Corinth cause we got liquor now
Wrong

Booneville, MS

#16 May 17, 2013
Thinking that legalizing liquor will fix anything is so moronic!!!! And yes there are lots of drinks here unfortunatly!!! Get Obama out of office and let someone who actually knows how to run a country take over and little by little maybe we can come back from the mess he's caused!!!
devin

Lucedale, MS

#17 May 17, 2013
Wrong wrote:
Thinking that legalizing liquor will fix anything is so moronic!!!! And yes there are lots of drinks here unfortunatly!!! Get Obama out of office and let someone who actually knows how to run a country take over and little by little maybe we can come back from the mess he's caused!!!
Really? The man was handed a record deficit. I didn't realize he caused that. Bush was handed a surplus and turned it into deficit.I didn't hear all you Obama bashers complaining then.I'm not saying he is perfect but you can't place all the blame on him. He is doing his best to fix the bad situation he was handed.
blessed

United States

#18 May 18, 2013
No Ruth wrote:
I get pretty sick of the gvmt blamers rhetoric if you aren't getting by then it's your own fault. Plenty of people are making money right now just not in factory jobs. Factories are not going to sustain people here much longer there's no more furniture factory to accommodate every dropout that doesn't feel like learning while in school. Fast food and service industry jobs will be all that's left pretty soon for populations who aren't educated enough to innovate and adapt. In the words of earl butz, adapt or die, like it or not those are your choices.

Instead of concentrating your energy on hating Obama you could be learning a skilled trade or going back to college to find a job in the new economy
excuse me but u shouldn't down grade people's job whatever u decide to do with your life is up to that person and not everybody has the means for college plus I know a lot of college graduates that are jobless and there is nothing wrong with working in a rest.or retail but without jobs these places will not survive and Obama care is going to get us all anyway. I have worked retail for over 20 years and I love what I do and that's all that should matter! Have a great day!
No Ruth

Shannon, MS

#19 May 18, 2013
blessed wrote:
<quoted text>
excuse me but u shouldn't down grade people's job whatever u decide to do with your life is up to that person and not everybody has the means for college plus I know a lot of college graduates that are jobless and there is nothing wrong with working in a rest.or retail but without jobs these places will not survive and Obama care is going to get us all anyway. I have worked retail for over 20 years and I love what I do and that's all that should matter! Have a great day!
Thanks for your reply! It has been noted for posterity.
Joe

United States

#20 May 18, 2013
devin wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? The man was handed a record deficit. I didn't realize he caused that. Bush was handed a surplus and turned it into deficit.I didn't hear all you Obama bashers complaining then.I'm not saying he is perfect but you can't place all the blame on him. He is doing his best to fix the bad situation he was handed.
Bush was handed a surplus?????? Are you nuts this country hasn't had a surplus in many many years. Prob not since shortly after it was founded.
No Ruth

Shannon, MS

#21 May 18, 2013
There was a surplus when bush took office, a deficit surplus meaning we were taking in more than we spent. It started spiraling out of control when bush sent us to war without raising taxes to pay for it
devin

Ashburn, VA

#22 May 18, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush was handed a surplus?????? Are you nuts this country hasn't had a surplus in many many years. Prob not since shortly after it was founded.
Clinton left office with a budget surplus of 42 million dollars. That budget then then turned into a deficit over the next 8 years. If all you watch is Fox news or only read Fox news obviously they aren't going to tell you this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corinth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is Fox 13 doing a live shot at Corinth High... 15 min Locate 9
Stateline mob (Apr '11) 18 min curious 433
Joes crab shack 18 min Locate 2
Really In Need of Work 45 min Cemetery Walker 17
No more retirement 1 hr FreeRideisOver 11
The lost art of the Duel 4 hr FedTheF Up 1
Steelie Mincy 5 hr Justin 2

Corinth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance