First Prev
of 4
Next Last
bobbie sue

United States

#1 Jun 11, 2010
After reading some of the other posts I'm left wondering about some of the churches in our area. I'm a Christian and attend church too but I have noticed that the churches have little "groups" and if you're not in that group you tend to be forgotten. I have a relative who is very sick and his church doesn't call and check on him or visit. Christian friends (including pastors) don't even call or contact him. It's heartbreaking. Are all churches around here like this?
Jacob

Pinola, MS

#2 Jun 11, 2010
No they are not...The big rich churches tend to have clicks but I think the ministers are great people and visit their congrgation or have a lay leader that visits (if you had a curch of 400 you could not see everyone alone it is just not possible before you folks get on a high horse about someone besides the preacher seeing the people) and then some of the smaller churches have part time ministers and it is the congrgation that should visit and attend to the needs of its members now with that said all churches here are not bad.
Cynthia

AOL

#3 Jun 11, 2010
I'm a Member of Oakland. I Know about the click first hand! They do Judge People! I have Never Felt at home at Oakland! I stay for other un-known reasons. Being involved in our community, I can't speak against them, or they will shut me and my family out. Yes, affairs are happening within the church. Some, that would SHOCK YOU! Too, much gossip and judgemental people. Making me very depressed and sick. I can't be the whistle blower?
Pray for ME....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#4 Jun 29, 2010
Oakland sucks balls...I left after they voted in Shane Price as the youth minister...I was one of three people that voted no. Those clicks ran off the best youth minister Oakland ever had: Bro. Bryan Robertson. We all know what a great guy Shane Price turned out to be. You know, the guy that left his wife and 5 children to go "find" himself. What a joke. The best advice is to just stay home on Sunday and worship God in your own way.
Cynthia wrote:
I'm a Member of Oakland. I Know about the click first hand! They do Judge People! I have Never Felt at home at Oakland! I stay for other un-known reasons. Being involved in our community, I can't speak against them, or they will shut me and my family out. Yes, affairs are happening within the church. Some, that would SHOCK YOU! Too, much gossip and judgemental people. Making me very depressed and sick. I can't be the whistle blower?
Pray for ME....
Trudie

AOL

#5 Jun 30, 2010
pico89 wrote:
Oakland sucks balls...I left after they voted in Shane Price as the youth minister...I was one of three people that voted no. Those clicks ran off the best youth minister Oakland ever had: Bro. Bryan Robertson. We all know what a great guy Shane Price turned out to be. You know, the guy that left his wife and 5 children to go "find" himself. What a joke. The best advice is to just stay home on Sunday and worship God in your own way.
<quoted text>
amen,God is with us, daily...Don't need a church to get into Heaven! Fellowship can be nice, until the gossip starts.Building, will Never get you into Heaven. Daily prayers with God.Too much politics in most Churches. Churches run Corinth. I try to practice, what I preach. Most peoples tongues are full of hate and gossip.
Thisthrillsme

Ecru, MS

#6 Jun 30, 2010
I don't think you should judge the church anyways. It's not your place. I personally love Oakland and wouldn't attend church anywhere else. With a church the size of Oakland, it is impossible to talk to everyone in the building. The thing is though you shouldn't be there for the people, you should be there to worship God.

Location hidden

#7 Jul 1, 2010
I'll judge anybody I want to. I attended there for years and dealt with more than my fair share of crap. So yeah, it is my place to judge. If you love Oakland so much then it is clear that you are part of the "in" crowd. Thanks for the years of torture you jerk.
Thisthrillsme wrote:
I don't think you should judge the church anyways. It's not your place. I personally love Oakland and wouldn't attend church anywhere else. With a church the size of Oakland, it is impossible to talk to everyone in the building. The thing is though you shouldn't be there for the people, you should be there to worship God.

Location hidden

#8 Jul 1, 2010
Oh yeah, and its hard to worship when everyone thinks they are God and hold dominion over me.
Thisthrillsme wrote:

Location hidden

#9 Jul 1, 2010
pico89 how are you any better than these people and their "clicks" when your so qick to judge others too...
bad taste in mouth

Corinth, MS

#10 Jul 1, 2010
bobbie sue wrote:
After reading some of the other posts I'm left wondering about some of the churches in our area. I'm a Christian and attend church too but I have noticed that the churches have little "groups" and if you're not in that group you tend to be forgotten. I have a relative who is very sick and his church doesn't call and check on him or visit. Christian friends (including pastors) don't even call or contact him. It's heartbreaking. Are all churches around here like this?
I could not agree with you more. I was going and still do at times to a large church in our city. This is one of the very reasons I stopped going. Oh they will come if you have money and give to the church, seen that with my own eyes.

Location hidden

#11 Jul 1, 2010
I am better because I don't use a religious veil as a means of determining I'm better. I'm not "holier than thou." Simply put, I'm better because I don't act better. But I do know that I am better, and even though you will disagree, you should know that I am better too.
camel crusher wrote:
pico89 how are you any better than these people and their "clicks" when your so qick to judge others too...
Rebel born

Jackson, MS

#12 Jul 1, 2010
Ok I'm sorry I can't let this go on anymore! PICO89 ur an insecure idiot. U obviously have NO CLUE about religion or anything else for that matter! What u get a college degree in? STUPIDITY? u need to keep ur views to urself. What do u do set around at home and think about stuff to tell people on here so u can make urself feel better? Get a life really.
pico89 wrote:
I am better because I don't use a religious veil as a means of determining I'm better. I'm not "holier than thou." Simply put, I'm better because I don't act better. But I do know that I am better, and even though you will disagree, you should know that I am better too.
<quoted text>
rusty

Germantown, TN

#13 Jul 1, 2010
yeah dud u get collage degre in stupiditty or somet hing??? ubeter keep ur view's to urslef on the mesage borde,,, geta brain's

Location hidden

#14 Jul 2, 2010
Really? Don't insult my intelligence when you can't even type correctly. This board is intended for people to share their views. What are you gonna do about it when I continue to share my views?
rusty wrote:
yeah dud u get collage degre in stupiditty or somet hing??? ubeter keep ur view's to urslef on the mesage borde,,, geta brain's
achs84

Tupelo, MS

#15 Jul 2, 2010
bobbie sue wrote:
You hit the nail on the head.There are so many hypocrites in these so called churches that it would make sodom and gamora look like a bible retreat.
achs84

Tupelo, MS

#16 Jul 2, 2010
bad taste in mouth wrote:
<quoted text>
I could not agree with you more. I was going and still do at times to a large church in our city. This is one of the very reasons I stopped going. Oh they will come if you have money and give to the church, seen that with my own eyes.
Amen sister. You don't put in plate we won't see u at the gate. What a bunch of hypocrites.
achs84

Tupelo, MS

#17 Jul 2, 2010
Rebel born wrote:
Ok I'm sorry I can't let this go on anymore! PICO89 ur an insecure idiot. U obviously have NO CLUE about religion or anything else for that matter! What u get a college degree in? STUPIDITY? u need to keep ur views to urself. What do u do set around at home and think about stuff to tell people on here so u can make urself feel better? Get a life really.
<quoted text>
That isn't very christian of you to say such things to someone. I thought you were suppose to pray for there lost soul.You must be one of those that is already in heaven and we are all doomed to hell.That isn't why Christ died is it? or are you one that doesn't believe in Jesus Christ as our Saviour?

Location hidden

#18 Jul 2, 2010
pico89 wrote:
Really? Don't insult my intelligence when you can't even type correctly. This board is intended for people to share their views. What are you gonna do about it when I continue to share my views?
<quoted text>
im not calling anyone any better than anyone else espically myself. I dont think that you should either. tell me why you dont want to got to this church? is because people will talk or is it because you give them reason to talk
Reggie

AOL

#19 Jul 2, 2010
OK, FOLKS: Really, we Need to treat everyone with respect. None of us, know what goes on in a persons
life? Now, more than ever, are we a nation of depressed people. Whether it be out of work, money
problems,or children and marital issues. With this screwed up White House and policies, it is hard to be positive and happy... Some where deep inside our Soul we have to make ourself happy! Happiness does come from within! Think for one minute, about our men and women fighting for Our Freedom, while we enjoy this weekend holiday with friends and family! Bitching each other out on this forum is not the Bigger Problem in Our World!!! Oil Spill, families lives destroyed and the not to mention, Gods fabulous creatures that are dying from oil!
Put your pride aside and love yourself and your fellow man and neighbor. Make changes and Stop Complaining...Take charge of your life and decide which labor pains you are willing to experience in order to give birth to yourself.Bad times can make you bitter.Or, you can choose to use them to make you better.
Norm

United States

#20 Jul 2, 2010
pico89 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right what can they do? nothing!!! You rock!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corinth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
27year old walking around in front of septdad w... 4 min Buford Posser 25
Cafeteria at Magnolia Hospital 9 min Buford Posser 4
Corinth needs a bypass 15 min Buford Posser 28
Cell service 37 min Alan 5
Prowler band 1 hr Belle 8
Does anyone know randy jones aka radar 2 hr Wondering 10
corinth unsolved murders 2 hr Wondering 8

Corinth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance