United States

#1 Feb 11, 2013
Who killed those 3 little boy scouts?!
Anonymous

United States

#2 Feb 11, 2013
queationskille wrote:
After watching the documentary on the memphis 3, I truly believe the 3 accused was innocent,and that it was one of the step dads.
okay

United States

#3 Feb 12, 2013
You should go through the evidence.
Spooner

Byram, MS

#4 Feb 12, 2013
queationskille wrote:
My opinion, the three that went to prison for it.
things ive heard

United States

#5 Feb 12, 2013
They were innocent, not even enough evidence. Do you really think that the state of Arkansas would release 3 convicted child murderers? Nobody ever questioned the step fathers flaky alibis. Just do your homework on the matter and you'll come to the right conclusion.
dude

Tupelo, MS

#6 Feb 12, 2013
Terry Hobbs killed those three boys.
Spooner

Byram, MS

#7 Feb 12, 2013
things ive heard wrote:
They were innocent, not even enough evidence. Do you really think that the state of Arkansas would release 3 convicted child murderers? Nobody ever questioned the step fathers flaky alibis. Just do your homework on the matter and you'll come to the right conclusion.
To my knowledge they were let out on a technicality, the DA for the state said it would cost the state alot of money to retry the case, which they would probably lose.
In order for them to be released each one had to sign a affidavit that they indeed killed those three kids.
The record will show that they indeed killed them from now on. So why would they sign off on being the killers if they wasn't ? If they were innocent, and they had the state on a technicality why would they not go back to court to prove they were innocent ?
Fase Palmer

Mooresville, NC

#8 Feb 12, 2013
Spooner wrote:
<quoted text>To my knowledge they were let out on a technicality, the DA for the state said it would cost the state alot of money to retry the case, which they would probably lose.
In order for them to be released each one had to sign a affidavit that they indeed killed those three kids.
The record will show that they indeed killed them from now on. So why would they sign off on being the killers if they wasn't ? If they were innocent, and they had the state on a technicality why would they not go back to court to prove they were innocent ?
To be let out of prison? I don't know too many people that would stay in prison with their "innocence" if all they had to do was admit it to get out.
Spooner

Canton, MS

#9 Feb 12, 2013
Fase Palmer wrote:
<quoted text>
To be let out of prison? I don't know too many people that would stay in prison with their "innocence" if all they had to do was admit it to get out.
They had the option to admit guilt, and get out or claim innocence, and have a retrial which according to the DA they weren't going to persue anyway. I just don't understand why they didn't choose the latter.
I'm sure no expert on this case, and don't want to appear to be, but just some things about the way they got out I don't understand.
Fase Palmer

Mooresville, NC

#10 Feb 12, 2013
Admit guilt and walk free.

Maintain innocence, have a retrial, and possibly go back to jail.

Which would you have chosen?

I'll take a slam dunk chance to walk free any day.
WM3 supporter

Tucker, GA

#11 Feb 12, 2013
Terry Hobbs did it! He even confessed to his brother! This was over heard by the nephew and he told police and passed a polygraph test that he was telling the truth! I have followed this case for years and know lots of details about the case!!
Camel Herder

Mckinney, TX

#12 Feb 12, 2013
Spooner wrote:
<quoted text>
They had the option to admit guilt, and get out or claim innocence, and have a retrial which according to the DA they weren't going to persue anyway. I just don't understand why they didn't choose the latter.
I'm sure no expert on this case, and don't want to appear to be, but just some things about the way they got out I don't understand.
the state did this did this special kind of plea to keep from paying the three restitution.
Spooner

Canton, MS

#13 Feb 12, 2013
Fase Palmer wrote:
Admit guilt and walk free.
Maintain innocence, have a retrial, and possibly go back to jail.
Which would you have chosen?
I'll take a slam dunk chance to walk free any day.
I'll agree on the slam dunk and walk free 100%.
I guess that the three guys and the lawyers didn't know at the time that the DA wasn't going to persue it. the lawyers and DA were hammering out the details of their release I guess, and to admit guilt was part of the deal.
The only thing is they knew they had a retrial, they knew they had a strong case with the technicality they had found, they knew there was a chance the DA wouldn't fight it.
So i'm asking you, if they knew this (lawyers) why would they let there clients agree to such a thing that is a life sentence of sort itself ?
Not being smart, just asking
Spooner

Canton, MS

#14 Feb 12, 2013
Camel Herder wrote:
<quoted text>
the state did this did this special kind of plea to keep from paying the three restitution.
I can understand the states plan, but what I don't understand is the lawyers for the three letting them sign it. according to their lawyers after it was over saying they had a good case if it had went to trial. Looks like they would have went for complete freedom plus restitution ?
Fase Palmer

Mooresville, NC

#15 Feb 12, 2013
Spooner wrote:
<quoted text>I'll agree on the slam dunk and walk free 100%.
I guess that the three guys and the lawyers didn't know at the time that the DA wasn't going to persue it. the lawyers and DA were hammering out the details of their release I guess, and to admit guilt was part of the deal.
The only thing is they knew they had a retrial, they knew they had a strong case with the technicality they had found, they knew there was a chance the DA wouldn't fight it.
So i'm asking you, if they knew this (lawyers) why would they let there clients agree to such a thing that is a life sentence of sort itself ?
Not being smart, just asking
You never know how a jury is going to act/react/judge. You could have a slam dunk case, but come off wrong to one juror, that juror could sway others to voting like him or her, and you'd be back in jail. Even if its a 1% chance you'd go back to jail, it's still too great a risk in my opinion.

I'd rather be free and judged guilty in the court of opinion (which doesn't really seem to be the whole case here), than be in jail with the public thinking I was innocent.
Spooner

Canton, MS

#16 Feb 12, 2013
Fase Palmer wrote:
<quoted text>
You never know how a jury is going to act/react/judge. You could have a slam dunk case, but come off wrong to one juror, that juror could sway others to voting like him or her, and you'd be back in jail. Even if its a 1% chance you'd go back to jail, it's still too great a risk in my opinion.
I'd rather be free and judged guilty in the court of opinion (which doesn't really seem to be the whole case here), than be in jail with the public thinking I was innocent.
Understood, thanks.
okay

United States

#17 Feb 12, 2013
Thanks everyone. I have read everything on the case to my knowledge. Even looked at haunting,horrible pictures of the little boys. They are saying it had to have been Terry Hobbs,Damien Echols (Aka Micheal Hutchenson),Jason Baldwin, Jessie Misskelley, && many others at the crime screen the night before the murders. I, personally, do believe Damien Echols is, and still GUILTY. that's after reading everything. The killers have had many years to think about just what they would say after being realeased from prison. If your interested in this case and YOU believe the WM3 are innocent...
Then you should Google 'WM3 exhibit 500'. THEN' your mind will be made up for sure.
the Majestic Fking MB

Great Falls, MT

#18 Feb 12, 2013
they were found guilty because they were supposedly anarchist devil-worshippers. it had nothing to do with evidence.

just another case of overly-zealous, religious southerners letting their prejudice make decisions for them.
Fase Palmer

Mooresville, NC

#19 Feb 12, 2013
the Majestic Fking MB wrote:
they were found guilty because they were supposedly anarchist devil-worshippers. it had nothing to do with evidence.

just another case of overly-zealous, religious southerners letting their prejudice make decisions for them.
Blah blah blah stfu
Thanks

United States

#20 Feb 12, 2013
TO OUR SMALL TOWN --- I NEVER WANT THIS TO EVER HAPPEN AGAIN. THIS WHOLE HORRIFIC CASE GOES TO SHOW US.. JUST 'IF' SOMETHING OF THIS NATURE WERE TO HAPPEN IN OUR TOWN.. NONE OF US WOULD KNOW WHO TO BLAME? PEOPLE NEED TO OPEN UP THEIR EYES. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHATS GOING ON WITH YOUR KIDS. KNOW WHATS GOING ON AROUND YOU. NEVER TRUST anyone, ESPECIALLY 'STEP PARENTS'. LETS ALL PREVENT THIS FROM EVER HAPPENING TO US... NEVER EVER LET YOUR CHILDREN RUN OFF FROM YOU. KNOW WHERE YOUR KID ARE AT all TIMES! IT DOESNT MATTER IF ITS 'JUST' DOWN THE STEET. NOT ALL PEOPLE ARE GOOD. THERES EVIL ALL AROUND.. AND IT SEEMS WHEN ITS TOO LATE IS WHEN WE REALIZE WHATS REALLY GOING ON. PLEASE. EVERYONE!!! KEEP YOUR LOVED ONES CLOSE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corinth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
School supplies 25 min Sarah 7
smith restaurant 34 min Truth hurts 14
Kimberly Clark disaster in the making 54 min No-longer-there-a... 7
Donnie Andrew Hastings 2 hr Southern Man 16
4 wheelers & dirtbikes on CR 301 2 hr jake 4
John Hicks METH HEAD 3 hr Debbie 24
Tanya Hicks 10 hr People_need_to_chill 7

Corinth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance