How does everyone thing the liquor vote will go the 11th?

Posted in the Corinth Forum

shakenbake

Duluth, GA

#1 Dec 6, 2012
So tell me which way you think it will go.
The Man

Milan, TN

#2 Dec 6, 2012
If you go and vote it might go your way. I support it because it will usher in growth. Corinth needs growth.

Special elections draw the very motivated so ask yourself which side has the most fervent supporters ?
There you find your answer.
Gtown71

United States

#3 Dec 6, 2012
shakenbake wrote:
I think it will pass.
Don't the city always vote, with a big yes?
Why wouldn't it go through?
Before the county always stopped it.
Now, ni county person can vote.
Kinda like a fight, with only one person showing up, becouse the other person was banned from the ring.
It will not bring in much growth, it will only bring liquer "back" to corinth.
The Man

Milan, TN

#4 Dec 6, 2012
Wrong it will bring growth provided Corinth really wants it. Will this law allow liquor by the drink? If not I tend to agree with you on that point. I'm thinking it will I sure hope so.

If the City is contacted by any Corporations such as Dardens what will they say to them, yes come on or no we don't want you. A question like this is where it begins.

It will still require leadership at the local level to get Corinth moving. Look what positive leadership has done for surrounding ares like Jackson, Florence, Tupelo and many others. We can do it here too.

Corinth is positioned well to take advantage of a great opportunity. Now is the momment and we must seize it.

Corinth can become more than just a place people drive through on their way to Jackson or Tupelo.
Sam

United States

#5 Dec 6, 2012
The Man

Milan, TN

#6 Dec 6, 2012
First of all I do not use any alcohol whatsoever and don't want to either.

Do you really believe anyone who wishes to drink it can be deprived of it? If you do research the prohibition era.

Do you believe the transfer of wealth to surrounding areas due to the present status benifits Corinth or any of it's residents at all?

Do you believe a system which restricts commercial retail growth is benificial to us?

An examination of these facts will show beyond any shadow of a doubt that a yes vote is a positive for all.

Again I don't drink and would never encourage the use of tobacco or booze but I recognize many do. Therefore I do not believe they must be restricted merely because I don't like it. I strongly believe in a Libertarian approach to these issues. A country that allows each individual to establish for himself his own life choices within reason of course, is one that is best for all.
TN Man

Duluth, GA

#7 Dec 10, 2012
I hope like hell that it does pass so I don't have to keep going all over creation to get booze all of the time. No way these fools north of you will ever do it. They'd rather vote it out and pay a bootlegger for something vile. Somewhere along the line, people in the South have tied prohibition and "foul" language to religion which is absurd... unless they're Buddists, in which case, nevermind.
just sayin

Corinth, MS

#8 Dec 10, 2012
Hoping it passes!!!!:)

“Holla, mane!”

Since: Sep 11

Somewhere in da 'Sip mane

#9 Dec 10, 2012
Booooz mane! Po ouched a littrel lickur! Oan Tadow!!
xxx

United States

#10 Dec 11, 2012
Hope there is a big voter turn out!
Unknown

Hattiesburg, MS

#11 Dec 11, 2012
Vote it in!! No matter what, it's comin here from people driving out of town to get it! So let Corinth grow!!
Truth

Hattiesburg, MS

#12 Dec 11, 2012
Vote yes and bring it back..Corinth needs this..
jlm

United States

#13 Dec 11, 2012
The Man wrote:
First of all I do not use any alcohol whatsoever and don't want to either.
Do you really believe anyone who wishes to drink it can be deprived of it? If you do research the prohibition era.
Do you believe the transfer of wealth to surrounding areas due to the present status benifits Corinth or any of it's residents at all?
Do you believe a system which restricts commercial retail growth is benificial to us?
An examination of these facts will show beyond any shadow of a doubt that a yes vote is a positive for all.
Again I don't drink and would never encourage the use of tobacco or booze but I recognize many do. Therefore I do not believe they must be restricted merely because I don't like it. I strongly believe in a Libertarian approach to these issues. A country that allows each individual to establish for himself his own life choices within reason of course, is one that is best for all.
These are some very good points. I don't drink either but the points that are mentioned are exactly why I am voting 'yes'.
Paul Kersey

Corinth, MS

#14 Dec 11, 2012
shakenbake wrote:
Well, to sum it up for you, the future of Corinth will prolly be just more drunken rednecks and more drunken welfare leeches. And a couple of liquor stores owned by fatcat politicians. Doctors and lawyers and auto body shops will also get rich with new customers.
Trinity Morris

Perkinston, MS

#16 Dec 11, 2012
People will travel to buy it. So wether it is in or not wont stop the people wanting it. However. Businesses like chillis and a few others have said publicly that they will come when they can serve their drinks. Furthermore outside of the fact it keeps money in Corinth and provides jobs, some people aren't out for this to get drunk. People give wine for promotions and if this town had any class at all they would know people drink it with meats for the taste. Or celebrate with a toast of more than some soda. The people against it (no offense) are screaming its for GOD. Jesus made wine out of water people. Put your pride aside and think outside of the rudimentary box your mind is enclosed in. I for one vote yes!
My View

Corinth, MS

#17 Dec 11, 2012
There will be no more or less people who do drink in the area no matter how the vote goes. If you drink you will go get it where ever it is sold. Hopefully the ones that do don't drink on the way back. If it comes in get ready for roadblocks and heaven forbid if you swerve a little and you may be stone sober, just another excuse for the over zealous officer to strut their ego.
derp

United States

#18 Dec 11, 2012
I think it will either pass or be voted down. Just my guess on the matter.
hitit320plus

Greenwood, MS

#19 Dec 11, 2012
Will pass easily.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corinth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alligators in Pickwick??! (Aug '13) 1 hr sliver spoon 31
Addicts at Ruby Tues 1 hr the one for you!! 18
Review: Rickman's Meat Market 1 hr msme 2
Taco Bell shooting 2 hr citizen 1
Amanda Hicks 2 hr donkey 9
DA'S race 2 hr Norman Bates 42
Another Shotting 2 hr yo mamma 46
Anybody know what happened in Corinth? 12 hr J shults 21
More from around the web

Corinth People Search