Topix will do more damage then alcohol

Topix will do more damage then alcohol

Posted in the Corinth Forum

Mayor

New Albany, MS

#1 Jan 16, 2013
Topix is tearing Corinth apart.
Goofy

Tucker, GA

#3 Jan 16, 2013
What's topix?
Mayday

Byram, MS

#4 Jan 16, 2013
Agree. I hear other putting down Facebook and other social networkings. Topixs is by far the lowest and most redneck site of them all!!! I rarely attend topixs ....when I do...I am made angry, disappointed and let down. I would love for topixs to be outlawed and done away with! See ya again Topixs. Facebook beats this stupidity!
You got that right

Fredericktown, MO

#5 Jan 16, 2013
People use it for all the wrong reasons if they would use it for something other than a drama starter it might not be so bad.
AGM

United States

#6 Jan 16, 2013
This site has ruined the reputation of some very fine people by posts that are nothing but lies and gossip. People take a small amount of truth and add their own twist to the story. I have seen many good hearted, hard working, trustworthy people smeared on this site and it saddens me to no end. I check it one or twice a week to make sure my children's names aren't mentioned, and so far, we've been lucky. I feel so sorry for some of the people whose careers and lives have been affected by the things others have said. Even if some posts are true about people, we ALL make mistakes and in GOD's eyes, a sin is a sin!! I find it difficult enough to keep my own business in tact much less, keep up with someone else's.
The Man

Brighton, TN

#7 Jan 19, 2013
AGM wrote:
This site has ruined the reputation of some very fine people by posts that are nothing but lies and gossip. People take a small amount of truth and add their own twist to the story. I have seen many good hearted, hard working, trustworthy people smeared on this site and it saddens me to no end. I check it one or twice a week to make sure my children's names aren't mentioned, and so far, we've been lucky. I feel so sorry for some of the people whose careers and lives have been affected by the things others have said. Even if some posts are true about people, we ALL make mistakes and in GOD's eyes, a sin is a sin!! I find it difficult enough to keep my own business in tact much less, keep up with someone else's.
I somewhat agree with your summation here. I think what is needed is to establish user ID so a person cannot hide behind a false name and set about slandering and putdowns like we have now. This is why so much of it exists on here because no one has to take responsibility for their words.

that being said I don't like Facebook either.
Modern Grapevine

Cottontown, TN

#8 Jan 19, 2013
This isn't much different than when I was young. Back then one person called someone, then that person called another. Everyone always knew everyone's business. Now it's just done through Topix. :-)
Been there

Tucker, GA

#9 Jan 19, 2013
Well, there have been many jealous losers have put my name on here more times than I can count but it didn't ruin me or my reputation. Jesus still loves me just the same. And ones opinion doesn't mean squat. The only thing they doing talking about me is showing how low their self esteem is and how insecure they are about themselves. The ones that done it were people that I had been very good too and been a true friend but somehow they decide it be more fun to back stab and talk about me than to be a friend to me so I think it's cool. Just shows how stupid people can be. Words do sometimes hurt but u can get it deleted and go on and ignore it and rest assured, if your name winds up on here most likely u are doing something right.
AGM

Marble Falls, TX

#10 Jan 19, 2013
The Man wrote:
<quoted text>I somewhat agree with your summation here. I think what is needed is to establish user ID so a person cannot hide behind a false name and set about slandering and putdowns like we have now. This is why so much of it exists on here because no one has to take responsibility for their words.
that being said I don't like Facebook either.
You're right. I totally agree

“Holla, mane!”

Since: Sep 11

Somewhere in da 'Sip mane

#11 Jan 23, 2013
Tropix killren dat gramrah!! It "than"!!!!!! Shrakrin mry hizead!!! Tadow!!

“Bored and Annoyed”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#12 Jan 23, 2013
Mayday wrote:
Agree. I hear other putting down Facebook and other social networkings. Topixs is by far the lowest and most redneck site of them all!!! I rarely attend topixs ....when I do...I am made angry, disappointed and let down. I would love for topixs to be outlawed and done away with! See ya again Topixs. Facebook beats this stupidity!
Yeah, but at least on Topix you aren't faced with the reality that everyone you despise/think are stupid/are annoyed by/would like to slap/would like to never speak to/would never like to be associated with are in fact your family and peers.
Modern Grapevine

Cottontown, TN

#13 Jan 23, 2013
"Tropix killren dat gramrah!! It "than"!!!!!!"

First thing you've said I agree with. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corinth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Daily Corinthian strikes again 14 min Chewbacker 6
Sex Positions (Jun '11) 24 min Instegator 11
How did Jonathan Briggs die? 39 min Han Cholo 3
Keep a word; drop a word (Mar '12) 1 hr Mutant-cucumber 1,231
Is AIR EVAC MEMBERSHIP worth the cost? (Oct '13) 3 hr bb 34
brianna b 3 hr Whichone 2
chs 4 hr Icepick 6

Corinth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corinth Mortgages