Advice

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

A man backed into me at the oncology clinic last Thursday and he called the police to come to the scene I found out today my insurance was not valid at the time ad I was written a ticket for no insurance on a private lot by a Corinth police officer I have looked everywhere online and see that police do not even have to show up at the scene of a accident on private property that it is in fact a courteousy to do so , I have intentions of speaking to a lawyer if someone could tell me whether or not the ticket he wrote me was even valid considering that it was in fact private property and I was in no way on the city/county roads at the time . Can someone please help or at least point me in the right direction ? I just don't want to let them win without a fight !
he can

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

Advice wrote:
A man backed into me at the oncology clinic last Thursday and he called the police to come to the scene I found out today my insurance was not valid at the time ad I was written a ticket for no insurance on a private lot by a Corinth police officer I have looked everywhere online and see that police do not even have to show up at the scene of a accident on private property that it is in fact a courteousy to do so , I have intentions of speaking to a lawyer if someone could tell me whether or not the ticket he wrote me was even valid considering that it was in fact private property and I was in no way on the city/county roads at the time . Can someone please help or at least point me in the right direction ? I just don't want to let them win without a fight !
He can write you a ticket, because it is the law to have insurance. Also, private property or not, unless your insurance agent comes to the scene, you need an accident report to file your insurance claim. Sorry dude best choice is to renew your insurance and see if they can adjust to cover the lapse period. Otherwise, you can be liable for ticket of failure to comply with ins. law and if you complain he can put in fault of accident. Sucks but it can be done. Also insurance from other guy can refuse to pay for your damages for failure to have ins
he can

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

I wouldn't bother with a lawyer. You will be liable for lawyer fee, court fee, and ticket. That could be $1500+$135+$600 that's a lot for $600 he may drop if your ins will retro activate to cover the lapse time.
lawyer

Guntown, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

Advice wrote:
How did your car get to the parking lot? How did your car leave the parking lot? Were you driving? Why don't you have insurance? Is it a law that you have insurance?
dirt road

Lindale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Judged:

Advise .... get some insurance
Moron

Braxton, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Judged:

Advice wrote:
Get some insurance. Its the law!!!
gidget

Corinth, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Judged:

And wear your seatbelt.
Hesaidshesaid

Seminary, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Judged:

Some of us cant purchase car insurance! When it takes all you have to put food on the table and pay a house payment etc. love to know how one can afford car insurance! And yes i do work, i work hard....thank you
lawyer

Guntown, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Judged:

Hesaidshesaid wrote:
Some of us cant purchase car insurance! When it takes all you have to put food on the table and pay a house payment etc. love to know how one can afford car insurance! And yes i do work, i work hard....thank you
Be prepared to get a ticket and loose your license! If you have an at fault wreck get ready to get sued also!
he can

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Acceptance by little Caesars liability only would prob be 20 a month. That's really good. And minimum required by law
LOL

Nettleton, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Judged:

Some of can't afford for you not to have insurance. You wreck into us and then we have to pay for you not having it
Hesaidshesaid wrote:
he can

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Judged:

LOL wrote:
<quoted text>Some of can't afford for you not to have insurance. You wreck into us and then we have to pay for you not having it
True that!! I've had to file 2xs in 4 yrs for damage by uninsured motorist. My car is still damaged cause it won't cover full cost, due to multiply uninsured claims. Sad insurance and myself up for $5000 they pay $600 fine and walk away.
Advice

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

Spoke with my lawyer today and law enforcement cannot write traffic citations on private property only public roads as the city owns those so I am going to talk to the officer today oh and by the way when your at a business or at your home it is in fact the same thing ! It's private party and they have cannot pull in your driveway and write you a ticket for no insurance ! Learn something new everyday thanks for the positivity!
but

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

But when u pulled back onto the street to go home, they can cite you.
knows

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

Advice wrote:
Spoke with my lawyer today and law enforcement cannot write traffic citations on private property only public roads as the city owns those so I am going to talk to the officer today oh and by the way when your at a business or at your home it is in fact the same thing ! It's private party and they have cannot pull in your driveway and write you a ticket for no insurance ! Learn something new everyday thanks for the positivity!
Bull.... Must have talked with one of our fine local lawyers.... There is prolly a court date on your tickets, talk with the officer then and bring your lawyer.
knows

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

Advice wrote:
Then you can pay your fines and lawyer bill. Bottom line GO GET INSURANCE!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

57 Users are viewing the Corinth Forum right now

Search the Corinth Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Divorce Parent's 11 min sic 1
New Birth "About Forgiveness" 39 min Local 26
Looking for Dr. (Apr '13) 1 hr Resident 32
Hannah and brad (May '12) 1 hr what 36
shianne peacher? 1 hr FAMILY 2
Cherries (Jul '11) 2 hr Eddy 68
police cheif election? who will it be? 3 hr Peter Jackson 57
•••
•••