Old monastery at Corfu needs help!!

Old monastery at Corfu needs help!!

Posted in the Corfu Forum

atchis

Saint Petersburg, Russia

#1 Apr 15, 2006
Dear friends!

We are going to Corfu this May and we found this information at Russian Internet: http://www.sestry.ru/eng/content/bip/06/091

It`s about one old orthodox monastery at Corfu island and mother superior of this monastery. This woman is restoring it HERSELF! She`s
very courageous and self-denying!

I sent an email to mother Fotinia, where I asked she about a current state of affairs and I got an answer that mother does not have any
money for to continue the restoration. She has just a bit food for to keep body and soul together and she really needs any help!

She said also that at present the monastery needs just about 500 euro for continue a current restoration work. The second problem is a GRASS, which grows very fast and mother Fotinia needs somebody, who can cut it!(she can`t do it, because she traumatized her spinal column some time ago) Let`s visit mother Fotinia and help her! Unfortunately, I do not know an exact place, where the monastery is it, but I`ll ask m. Fotinia and put this information here.

Also, I would like to say, that if each of us will send just some small sum, it will be very big help to the monastery. All information about her bank data you will find in the article: http://www.sestry.ru/eng/content/bip/06/091

For any questions you can write directly to mother Fotinia: gerondissafotini@yahoo.com

If you can help to m. Fotinia or you have any ideas, how to help her, please write to this topic or to the monastery directly.

Thanks a lot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corfu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ice storm melts away; get ready for deluge Tue Chick-fil-A-Sam 6
News Teen who admitted to threatening to shoot polic... Jan '18 bareback mtn 6
News Akron man accused of DWI after driving into house (Jan '12) Nov '17 blew point15 3
David Wisniewski (Aug '17) Oct '17 Davids Mom 3
News Three people charged with receiving benefits un... (Jun '17) Jun '17 spooky spooky doo... 3
News Law and Order: Bethany man accused of spitting ... (Apr '17) Apr '17 china white 2
News Ralph "Bucky" Phillips Spotted In Chatauqua County (Jul '06) Oct '14 HIGh ya 1,604

Corfu Jobs

Personal Finance

Corfu Mortgages