Accused Gunman Is Good Catholic Schoolboy

Full story: WLMT-TV Memphis

Accused Gunman Is Good Catholic Schoolboy Posted: 8/4/2006 9:44:18 PM Those who know 22-year-old Victor Bach say he's a shy, quiet, straight-A student who'd make any mother proud.
Comments
1 - 20 of 31 Comments Last updated Aug 6, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2006

I had 3 classes last year with the accused gunman, Victor Bach at CBU. It totally caught me off guard to hear that he would do such a thing. He was a very good student who was majoring in psychology and had dreams of going to medical school. I'm hoping to hear something that will make some sense of the whole situation because as of now i'm shocked.
Bill

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2006

I also known Victor from CBU for the last 4 years. This is outrageous. I dont know what to think aboiut this incident. I cant imagine he could possibly try to kill police officers. I hope they dont lock the guy up for the rest of his life, but i am also extremely relieved that the kid didnt kill anybody. I mean, you cant just drive around town firing weapons out of your vehicle. Thats not proper gun safety.
Jess

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2006

Well, if you guys knew him, then you'd have no doubt that he wasn't, in fact, the one who was shooting. Come on, this is Victor. Don't be stupid. He'd NEVER do anything like that.
Mel

Metairie, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2006

Beware everyone, Tommy the shooter is on the loose. Too bad the prosecutors want to spread this thing out so that everyone can get some money out of it. That is also one of the reasons why they did not take finger prints. Victor would never and will never do anything to harm anyone and that is a FACT. Unfortunately, being honest does more harm than good sometimes. But, dont worry the shooter will be back in jail where he belongs and Victor will be out to finish up school. Justice will prevail.
brian

West Chester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2006

ive known vic since i was a kid. maybe at one time he would have never done something like this, but yall have to remember that the police have been shot at and they are going to try to build the strongest case aganst them that they can. do not separate logic from reason..i implore you. we've grown so accustom to "cops" and "america's most wanted" that we have become desensitized to crime; it comes as a shock that this has hit so close to home and no one can believe it. but everyone that has commited a crime had people close to them- and they couldn't believe it. truth is no one can speculate because no one was in the car with them. we all make decisions some are good and some are bad, his were bad.
ever onward...
his lawyer dropped him. no lawyer does that unless they know they cannot win a case. and the lawyer did this because emails were found on his pc concerning the planning of this and many other events. some of those emails even said they were planning to shoot the cops if they showed up.
of course the police took finger prints. that's the one piece of evidence that would be most valuable.
anyways, he should have never made friends with the others, he should have never gotten in the car, etc... listen to reason and logic...it sucks, but vic had a crazy side to him. we all have our skeletons and secrets...
Keona

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2006

I used to work with Vic and got to know him very well and I know Victor would never do a thing like that he just got caught up at the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm keeping him and his family in my prayers and want him to stay strong because he's going to make it through this terrible situation. And I agree with you Mel justice will prevail!!
Jess

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2006

Okay, Einstein (Brian), your problem is that you think you know everything. You obviously don't know shit. Victor switched lawyers. His lawyer didn't drop him. Second of all, they didn't find emails on his pc, they never looked through his email. They looked through a phone with text messages from the other guys... who actually did do the shooting. You really shouldn't talk about shit you don't know. Yea, Victor may have had a crazy side, but it wasn't this kind of crazy. Victor would never hurt anyone, ever.

We aren't desensitized to crime. We just want the right people to get punished.
Blue

Apex, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2006

Just to make a little sense to this... 1st of all if you don't know the real story than don't say anything because rumors and gossip are for those who are too afraid to even learn the real truth. Don't say that you've known the family when they don't even KNOW YOU! If you had even gone to school with them... GREAT. But that doesn't mean you KNOW them. Going into the media and claiming that you know anything about victor is ludacris. I don't see your ass making it to his court dates or even seeing him in jail. So that goes to show how great of a friend you are. You NEVER KNEW him, saying hi doesn't mean you know them (BRIAN). Saying that he had a "crazy side" to him hahaha i laugh in your face the only crazy side that he had to him was his crazy, fun, outgoing sense of life. I know victor better than anyone out there esp. you so when you decide to get your story straight and all the ducks lined in a row, then you should allow yourself to speak. Until then shut it.
Blue

Apex, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2006

Believing in Victor is all that anyone can do. He is innocent but for now he is "guilty" but we WILL do our best to prove his innocent. With or without the support of those out there who think of him otherwise. God, family, and true friends are the only ones that love him and care for him. That's all he needs to stay strong. Justice will prevail!
Bill

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2006

So when is his court date? Is he going to get out of jail or what?
An Old Friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2006

Not many people can say that they REALLY KNEW Victor even all the way through grade school, high school, and college. I am one that can. I am not saying that he is guilty nor innocent. I always found a lot of victor's stories to be a little untrue at times. He once told me that his brother's car had gotten stolen and one friday he was at a party and saw it so they stole it back and it had some very expensive stereo system in it so they just kept it. They never notified the police or anything. I am not saying that this story isn't true, but it is a little far fetched non-the-less. I agree, I don't think that he would be the kind of guy to open fire on the cops, but he was with the guys breaking into the store, not really a wrong place at wrong time situation. One crime leads to another. Victor and I have lost touch over the years, but deep down, I hope the best for him. I am sure that he has learned his lesson.
Anon Ymous

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2006

Is there any truth to the rumor that Victor was taking part in a gang initiation that night?
Anon Ymous

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2006

Bill wrote:
So when is his court date? Is he going to get out of jail or what?
Man, I don't know.
igotbigdong

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2007

Two words: Shawshank Redemption
anonymous

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2007

"22-year-old Victor Bach say he's a shy, quiet, straight-A student"??? are you kidding me?? Also, dude owes everyone in memphis money. And most of his stories are always a lie trying to make himself look good. His fingerprints are found on the gun.
anonymous

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

i hope whoever is saying that victor is guilty that one day u dont get caught in the wrong situation at the wrong time b/c you dont know how it feels and who are truly your friends!
anonymous

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

wow brian you are so stupid u knew him from what...next door...u think u knew him ur worst than he was...yea he's in jail rite now but he is not stupid enough to go shooting at cops...u shouldnt even be talking about his situation when u dont even know about his family and lawyer shit in the first place!
anonymous

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

does anyone have a recent update, court date, etc.???
Friend

Cordova, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

Hey ya'll. Ok Victor's court date is set for Feb. 4th. He has a hearing this Thur (the 31st). It will be in the morning. Not sure how long. If you are interested in more details post it on here and let me know. P.S. Until the trial noone knows details of what happened so please do not prejudge. There were only two shooters in the car and the shots did not come from where Victor was sitting. I'm not saying much because I don't even know very many details because Victor can't really talk about them. Anyway let me know if you want to go to the trial. He could really use support. Thanks
Friend

Cordova, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

P.S. He is doing well. Staying positive and hoping to be out soon. You never know what can happen though.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cordova Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 5 min grossly incortect 144,551
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr truth told 18,743
teen challenge (May '13) 1 hr crystal baller 2
Beale street (Dec '12) 2 hr Will Not Pay 3
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 3 hr WTH 9,254
Curious 7 hr huh 2
What are they doing on Hwy 64 east of the inter... 7 hr Mike 1

Search the Cordova Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Cordova Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000