Cordell mayor pledges to work for fre...

Cordell mayor pledges to work for free after critical state audit

There are 87 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jan 26, 2013, titled Cordell mayor pledges to work for free after critical state audit. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Mayor Alex Damon said he was surprised by parts of a state audit report released Thursday, but that he will volunteer his time as mayor, acting city administrator and general manager of the city's utilities trust while the district attorney investigates.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
hard to believe

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Jan 26, 2013
Will they let him do that from a jail cell?
Childish

Yukon, OK

#2 Jan 26, 2013
Listen, he is doing the right thing. He did nothing wrong, and I PROMISE he will win this. Lets see what the jury says.
Now be mature and leave him off of here.
Have a good day.
cordell resident

United States

#3 Jan 26, 2013
He sure did the "noble" thing.....work for free. baha maybe he can afford this after all the moneys hes "made" already. Yes we shall see! I'd love to be on jury duty IF he was to go to court. Jus sayin.....
MaturePerson

Yukon, OK

#4 Jan 26, 2013
Okay. Well you may say what you like. But We shall see. He is doing the right thing.
hard to believe

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Jan 26, 2013
First of all this was Topix news I didn't post this I just commented so he has no choice but to.have his name on here, secondly the investigator is the one who wrote the report and accused him I was just simply stating that he will be going to jail and if he did steal he should be no matter who he is
civilized human being

Canton, GA

#6 Jan 26, 2013
He just committed a crime. Washita county won't be able to sweep this one under the rug. There will be a lot of publicity nationwide.
cordell resident

United States

#7 Jan 26, 2013
civilized human being wrote:
He just committed a crime. Washita county won't be able to sweep this one under the rug. There will be a lot of publicity nationwide.
lets hope...Myself I've not much faith in Washita County! But hey things change.
ThoughtUWereMatu re

Yukon, OK

#8 Jan 26, 2013
He did not commit ANY crimes. He will not be going to jail. Just wait! And silly 11 year olds should be on this site. Sorry.
hehe

Elk City, OK

#9 Jan 26, 2013
ThoughtUWereMature wrote:
He did not commit ANY crimes. He will not be going to jail. Just wait! And silly 11 year olds should be on this site. Sorry.
Yes, yes we SHOULD!( check your spelling)
hard to believe

Oklahoma City, OK

#10 Jan 26, 2013
ThoughtUWereMature wrote:
.....you must be his wife?
ThoughtUWereMatu re

Yukon, OK

#11 Jan 26, 2013
Nope. A friend I am though
cordell resident

United States

#12 Jan 26, 2013
trolling the sights to take up for the Honorable Mayor your a great friend!
hard to believe

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Jan 26, 2013
And a good friend you are let's just hope these allegations are false for his families sake they will be the ones most affected by it if he is charged
ThoughtUWereMatu re

Yukon, OK

#14 Jan 26, 2013
Thanks.....I think.
I just feel bad for him.
How do you figure

Woodward, OK

#15 Jan 26, 2013
He did break the law, the trust of the people and any morals a community leader should have held. He SHOULD NOT be given the chance to just "work off his debt". He paid himself in funds that were never inntended to support his musical career. He also just simply paid himself more than what was ever authorized or approved. I do not trust him to continue on with his current positions. He should be removed from them immediately. Try to sugar coat it however you please but he is in the wrong 100% in this case. I kept a optimistic outlook on the previous "embezzlement" situation with the other city employees...because they technically did not break any laws. They did not steal or credit their accounts, just simply did not pay. No laws were broken, just city policies. I was completely ok with them resigning and calling it good. However, with Alex Damon, he did break laws..he did embezzle and he is 100% quilty. He can not sweep this under the rug any longer. He should be terminated and charges should be pressed. Oh...and I'm not an 11 year old spreading lies. These are facts like it or not. I'm neither friend or foe of Mr. Damon or anyone else involved. I'm simply a long term citizen of this town and want more for my community than crooked leaders.
My opinion

Yukon, OK

#16 Jan 26, 2013
How do you figure wrote:
He did break the law, the trust of the people and any morals a community leader should have held. He SHOULD NOT be given the chance to just "work off his debt". He paid himself in funds that were never inntended to support his musical career. He also just simply paid himself more than what was ever authorized or approved. I do not trust him to continue on with his current positions. He should be removed from them immediately. Try to sugar coat it however you please but he is in the wrong 100% in this case. I kept a optimistic outlook on the previous "embezzlement" situation with the other city employees...because they technically did not break any laws. They did not steal or credit their accounts, just simply did not pay. No laws were broken, just city policies. I was completely ok with them resigning and calling it good. However, with Alex Damon, he did break laws..he did embezzle and he is 100% quilty. He can not sweep this under the rug any longer. He should be terminated and charges should be pressed. Oh...and I'm not an 11 year old spreading lies. These are facts like it or not. I'm neither friend or foe of Mr. Damon or anyone else involved. I'm simply a long term citizen of this town and want more for my community than crooked leaders.
He never used money to support his musical career. Okay. I'm done arguing with children.
:)

Newcastle, OK

#17 Jan 26, 2013
My opinion wrote:
<quoted text>He never used money to support his musical career. Okay. I'm done arguing with children.
Can you read?! He committed a crime! He is just as guilty as a drug dealer/criminal. I don't understand how you can justify the things listed in the audit? It was a crime for him to even accept the responsibilities of city administrator while serving as mayor. Cordell should be ashamed of their town leaders for letting this go on for so long.
Hah

Woodward, OK

#18 Jan 26, 2013
He used city equipment and funds to support his musical career. Did you not read the audit at all? These are facts found by a 3rd party that has nothing to gain in forging them. He made these major mistakes and now should pay for them.
AR H2O

Yukon, OK

#19 Jan 27, 2013
Fire the mayor and make him repay everything. He would not be working for free because he has already embezled between 2 and 3 hundred THOUSAND dollars
kacy

United States

#20 Jan 27, 2013
I dont like this site nor do i get on it but I had to see how other citizens felt about our mayor and the recent audit.Who would volunteer their time for free unless he was guilty. I know I wouldn't. If they aren't true then he should fight the allegations, but truth is he knows he's guilty of stealing. Im ashamed to say Im from cordell cause its always about who you are, who you know, or what your last name is, and you can get away with anything but Im so glad that someone who has nothing to gain came out with this. We need a new mayor. One who will do for everyone in cordell no matter who you are. He also needs to be punished for stealing cause thats exactly what he did. No sugar coating it. Lets just hope the D.A does the right thing in this situation this time no matter how buddy buddy he is with Alex. In fact I thing another D.A should take over this one. We dont need the D.A to try to sweep another bad situation under the rug again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cordell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Horny 6 hr Sceptic 2
pain clinics Aug 14 help 1
pain clinic Aug 14 help 1
Todd Russ Loses to Oklahoma Supreme Court Aug 12 As I see it 2
Where can i buy redline energy drink in clinton Aug 5 Bee raaaad 1
News County in western Oklahoma loses federal fundin... Aug 4 what is the real ... 1
looking for fun Aug 2 Judy Garland 9

Cordell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cordell Mortgages