OSBI Investigates Beating Death of 12...

OSBI Investigates Beating Death of 12-year-old Boy

There are 65 comments on the 5NEWSonline.com story from Jan 12, 2012, titled OSBI Investigates Beating Death of 12-year-old Boy. In it, 5NEWSonline.com reports that:

A 12-year-old Cordell, Okla., boy was beaten to death by a 13-year-old after a youth service Wednesday evening, according to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 5NEWSonline.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Curious from Cordell

United States

#1 Jan 15, 2012
Does anyone know the name of the 13 yr old? My boy used to go to school with Lane. It's a very sad day in the world when something like this happens at a church. Our hearts go out to Lanes family.
Misinformed

Clinton, OK

#2 Jan 15, 2012
Curious from Cordell wrote:
Does anyone know the name of the 13 yr old? My boy used to go to school with Lane. It's a very sad day in the world when something like this happens at a church. Our hearts go out to Lanes family.
From what I was told by a witness the boy was not beat to death. He was shoved fell and hit his head.
Citizenofthebest town

Sayre, OK

#3 Jan 16, 2012
@ Misinformed
You got your story correct!!! He was SHOVED and he had already had a concussion because he was a wrestler. He fell and hit his head and later died. Also, I would like to say that both of these boys are my best friends. and it does not matter what their names are mainly because if it were you in this position you would not like your name aired out all over the place.
Misinformed

Clinton, OK

#4 Jan 16, 2012
@Citizenofthebesttown
Yes lane happens to be family to me.... I didn't know the other child but I most definetly find it ridiculous how the Medical Examiner is telling people Lane was beat to death considering other family of ours witnessed the incident and said nothing like that happened.
proudly here

Yukon, OK

#5 Jan 16, 2012
this is sad for both families... people need to shut thier mouths about it and let Lane's poor family lay thier kid to rest! you call yourselves friends of the family? then let them heal.. don't throw fuel on the fire and as far as the other boy goes .... let him heal as well...
proudly here

Yukon, OK

#6 Jan 16, 2012
also, if you say he had a concussion then what was he doing at a youth gathering? if it was my kid I would make sure the wrestling injury was completly healed before I let him out of my site.... that is all I have to say.
Misinformed

Clinton, OK

#7 Jan 16, 2012
proudly here wrote:
this is sad for both families... people need to shut thier mouths about it and let Lane's poor family lay thier kid to rest! you call yourselves friends of the family? then let them heal.. don't throw fuel on the fire and as far as the other boy goes .... let him heal as well...
I am NOT a friend of the family... I am FAMILY! And I'm sorry but I can speak about whatever I please. I'm not throwing any fuel on any fire. I am stating what's going on in the situation. As for the concussion I haven't heard this mentioned by anyone within the family but that doesn't mean it's not true. And actually when u have a concussion depending on the severity you are usually able to go on with daily activities. So y don't you just mind your business?!?!
Stopthinkandlist en

Sayre, OK

#8 Jan 17, 2012
Where the hell were the adults when all of this was going on !!!! My church never leaves kids unattended...
Citizenofthebest town

Sayre, OK

#9 Jan 17, 2012
Yeah I think its best if they could be let heal, but as for my own opinion @proudly here I think family has every right to say what they want about someone they are related to. I no wat happnd I go to that church. That is probably the best church u can find n oklahoma. I think Misinformed has her/his facts straight. This is a tragedy, that only god can heal. Dicussing the situation is not bad n any way, i find it a way to let things off ur chest or mind. Its healthy. Its normal. Im happy this person can b truthful.
Misinformed

Clinton, OK

#10 Jan 17, 2012
@Stopthinkandlisten

What little I have heard about the youth group was from how I understood it that the youth group was over. I'm not quiet sure where the people were at that were teaching the youth group but I do know that one of the people is taking it hard and also blaming themself for what happened. I don't think they should have blame their self considering it was after youth group. I do however believe the children should not have been acting this way but what happened has happened. There is no way to turn back time although I know many
People wish they could. Many things went wrong on this night... Adults not present... The initially incident that caused the fall...
Although I do see why u r questioning where the adults were from what I was told everything happened so fast I don't really think it could have been stopped within the amount of time that it happened.

@citizen
Could u plz answer this question since u were present. I only know what I've been told by a witness. I think u could answer it better as a witness.
Citizenofthebest town

Atoka, OK

#11 Jan 18, 2012
Well the adults were up in the room putting everything up and speaking to the other youths about baptism, coming to christ, etc... I got baptized sunday thanks to that youth class. Class was over and we were all heading out to leave. I agree this happened extremely fast! Everybody was so lost and confused! From what we all saw was Lane hit the 13 year old, and the 13 year old shoved him and Lane kinda just fell back. He got up, and fell again (on his own, he lost his footing)on the second time hitting his head. It was a freak accident. None of it was meant to happen. Its sad. I'm sorry for not saying the 13 year olds name, but I think its best if kept quiet.
Misinformed

Clinton, OK

#15 Jan 18, 2012
Ok. In all fairness I will simply say that for those of you who believe in God (because I know some people do not) please pray for truth. God will light the way. Pray that if there is more to this story than is being told that this is portrayed in evidence. Pray that if it was truly an accident that the good Lord will allow for that to be seen. I believe that by putting faith in the Lord he can guide us to what is right. So all I ask is that u pray.
friend

Carnegie, OK

#16 Jan 18, 2012
If it was the other way around where would lane be? and could his parents get him out? If there was a murder and the police show up and you have a gun what happens? You go to jail await hearing for bail (if thats an option) then you eventualy stand trial. If proven innocent you are free even though you spent 6 months in jail. Whats good for the GANDERS is good for the GOOSE. Who you are and what you are is often very different.
Peopleandtheirli es

Frisco, TX

#17 Jan 19, 2012
Lane was a bully!!!!!!!!!!
Hynd

Frisco, TX

#18 Jan 19, 2012
The 13 year old did not beat anyone to death. Get your story straight. You look like a idiot babbling on with your lies. Sorry and prayers for both families but seriously get your facts straight. Everyone in Our community is getting so sick of all the gossip and untruthful stories. The REAL story will be told and the truth will come out and you will look stupid. All this began with a sweet 13 year old boy being bullied. I agree with the above statement.
stupid

United States

#22 Jan 22, 2012
the 13 year old boy didnt kill anyone! it was a accident ... lanes family and selena gideon get on here and bash on the 13 year old... really you are adults! grow the hell up! put a 13 year old boy in jail for the rest of his life ? for what ? defending him self against a bully? IT WAS A ACCIDENT what dont you ignorant madison people understand
hate gossips

Union City, OK

#23 Jan 25, 2012
You are a bunch of misinformed gossips. If you had attended the funeral, you would have clearly seen he was beaten to death. He did NOT have a concussion and his dad was just named the chief of police from a very corrupt mayor, who also stole utilities but covered it up before all hell broke lose. This was murder. There has been NO remorse shown from the 13 year old or his family. There are a bunch of people spreading a bunch of lies. Grow up and unless you were there or are a part of the family, keep your nose out and quit your small town, Peyton Place gossiping.
lol0_O

United States

#24 Jan 25, 2012
um i did attend the funeral! and lane did not look beaten to death! why dont you stop your gossip and shut up you are no better than anyone else commenting on this post! you are spreading lies like the rest.
Ben Dover

Atoka, OK

#25 Jan 26, 2012
Most definatly! He did NOT look beaten...oh yeah, thats cuz he fkn wasn! Just shut up u look like a retard sayin "O yall r stupid for commentin" haha f*ck off cuz wtf is that called, the thing u posted?! The 13 year old is sad and upset, he didn deserve any of this. Im gettin tired of all this bull shit! U know we all hav to move on an grow up 1 day! Cuz if not ur gonna get stuck in the past becumin a bigger lunatic evryday! If u cant move on an face the truth that god had this planned an it wasn intentional for anyone, then im just gonna let u no ur gonna liv ur life bein a dumb ass angry crazy psycho loser! Get over it! The past is the past, you cant change it! Gawd, the fuckin losers that live in this damn world today?! Lanes my friend, an im not gonna sit here an watch ppl say o he was beaten bla bla bla!!! CUZ MY FRIEND WAS NOT BEATEN! The 13 year old dont need this! SO SHUT UP!!!
seriously

Azle, TX

#26 Jan 26, 2012
Ben Dover wrote:
Most definatly! He did NOT look beaten...oh yeah, thats cuz he fkn wasn! Just shut up u look like a retard sayin "O yall r stupid for commentin" haha f*ck off cuz wtf is that called, the thing u posted?! The 13 year old is sad and upset, he didn deserve any of this. Im gettin tired of all this bull shit! U know we all hav to move on an grow up 1 day! Cuz if not ur gonna get stuck in the past becumin a bigger lunatic evryday! If u cant move on an face the truth that god had this planned an it wasn intentional for anyone, then im just gonna let u no ur gonna liv ur life bein a dumb ass angry crazy psycho loser! Get over it! The past is the past, you cant change it! Gawd, the fuckin losers that live in this damn world today?! Lanes my friend, an im not gonna sit here an watch ppl say o he was beaten bla bla bla!!! CUZ MY FRIEND WAS NOT BEATEN! The 13 year old dont need this! SO SHUT UP!!!
Isn't it past your bedtime punk?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cordell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Taylor Oloman Apr 18 ...... 1
Anyone else one of Cordell Clowns Apr 14 They know 1
tanika maggard (Apr '13) Apr 14 Yyy 21
Who smashed miss Hoffman??? Apr 13 Aubrey 2
Hime needs to go. Apr 13 Aubrey 6
Todd Russ and Cronies Here We Go Again Apr 12 As I see it 8
News OSBI: Clinton teacher admits to having sex with... Apr 10 wow 2

Cordell Jobs

Personal Finance

Cordell Mortgages