15-Year-Old Killed, 2 Teens Injured After Pickup Hit by Train

Jan 18, 2013 Full story: ArkansasMatters 83

A 15-year-old boy has died after the pickup he was in was hit by a train. According to the Jackson County Sheriff's Office, three teens were in a pickup that was hit by a train on Highway 367 North just south of Tuckerman.

Full Story
WhoCares

Cavalier, ND

#43 Jan 26, 2013
Honestly all of you guys should be ashamed of yourselves!! Someone is grieving the death of a son, and the death of a friend. The boy already I'm sure feels terrible about it and here you all are saying he is stupid, everyone and I mean everyone makes mistakes. Some may just be bad but honestly nobody knows what happened unless you're god and you know what happened. Seriously grow up and shut your mouths!!! Plus Cody can have a bake sale! Maybe he has to pay for damages of the car, or maybe he has a hospital bill you do realize after a car accident to that extent they take you to the hospital, honestly grow up. Cody and the rest of the families are in my prayers.
Anonymous

Jonesboro, AR

#44 Jan 27, 2013
lets get this straight big guy, why don't you come up to tuckerman but the crack of dawn get your big ass on them train tracks and try to hurry yourself off of it. you cant say when your in shock you know exactly what to do. yes these boys are my friends and I be damn if anyone is gonna talk shit when they for one wasn't there, or two have been in tuckerman to see how bad those crossings are!
rr

Oklahoma City, OK

#45 Jan 28, 2013
Oh those sneaky trains, so quiet and stealthy
John Richmond Jr

Lepanto, AR

#46 Jan 28, 2013
Kaitlyn you stupid whore first of all I noticed whaqt you said cody would have never tried to beat that train if he knew it would have hurt a friend, umm funny to me is that he and no one else should try to beat a treain regardless if they know they would hurt or kill someone. Alos no I don't listen to my music loud when doing something really important. Also contrary to popular belief when you are 16 years old you are not a kid you supposed to be grown I know I was when i was that age. No it can't happen to anyone you stop at an intersection several feet before getting to it and look both ways that is not hard to do I learned it when I was a little kid. And yes I can comment on it and it is my business and everyone elses business because when you make a mistake it's peoples business when it can possibly hurt other people. Driving crazy puts the general public in danger and when you mistake does that then yes people should comment and talk about it. and the aintscared perosn telling me why don't I get my ass on those tracks and see if I can beat a train I wouldn't be stupid enough to to do anything other than give trains the utmost respect. All of you who say no ones business and what Iam saying is mean. As I said when you make a mistake that hurt the general public several times a year then yes it is the publics business. And oh what Iam say8ing is mean consider how he was driving that shows how sensitive he is to the general publics safety.
Respect Trains

Half Way, MO

#47 Jan 28, 2013
There are no trees blocking that crossing. If you STOP, LOOK BOTH WAYS AND LISTEN, you can cross it safely each time. As everyone else does. There are clearly signs that it's a railroad crossing. The crossings aren't dangerous, just the people not respecting them are. We have drilled this in our kids heads, these trains can't stop. RESPECT THEM!!!
isha

Newport, AR

#51 Jan 28, 2013
I agree! im so soory for the families. but it was cell phones or loud music or something. I am still praying for the families.
Zach

Oklahoma City, OK

#52 Jan 28, 2013
I know the boys and their families. In fact I'm from Tuckerman. I was told by one of the volunteer firefighters who ACTUALLY worked the scene that they saw the ENGINEER'S (the person who was driving the train) report that he wrote for the accident. He reported that they were in fact trying to beat the train. It doesn't surprise me because those boys were always up for a good time and always done crazy things. I just wish that Cody would be honest about it but I can understand why he wouldn't be. I'm not starting crap. I'm stating facts. I've put my name on here, I'm not being cold hearted, and I am from Tuckerman so there will be no point in trying to say I'm starting drama or spreading lies. The cameras from the train were taken last Tuesday and are being reviewed. If the engineers statement and the camera footage actually show them trying to beat the train, then Cody may be in some trouble since he made the statement that he just didn't see the train and since he was the driver. He obviously didn't mean for them to get hit or for Will to die, but by him getting on topix is just fueling the fire and making him seem like he is not remorseful.
Student

Oklahoma City, OK

#53 Jan 29, 2013
Then what's your last name Zach? If you're from Tuckerman, then you know that there are lots of Zach's here.
John Richmond Jr

Lepanto, AR

#54 Jan 29, 2013
Recspect Trains, Isha, and Zach thanks for saying some stuff along the lines of what I have said espicially you Recpect Trains for going into such detaail it's refreshing to see that Iam not the only one that sees it the way that I do.
ok..

Quitman, AR

#55 Jan 29, 2013
John Richmond Jr wrote:
Recspect Trains, Isha, and Zach thanks for saying some stuff along the lines of what I have said espicially you Recpect Trains for going into such detaail it's refreshing to see that Iam not the only one that sees it the way that I do.
Well I have one little thing to say, no matter what happened that day we did lose Will, we thought we would lose Donnie, and we was scared for cody. I do not blame Cody in the least bit. The reason I do not blame Cody is because he is a teenager. I want everyone to go back to their teenage years for a second.. Right when you turn 16 and start driving everyone knows your music is cranked up, and you are laughing and carrying on trying to have fun with friends. Cody may have tried to beat the train but many of people have also tried this too, they were just lucky enough to make it. I couldn't tell you how many of times me and my friends should have died due to the fact of our ignorant selfs driving stupid. I feel bad for Cody he will never be able to completely cope with this he love will and everybody knew it. He would never mean to harm Will or Donnie, he's just a young boy. Just like I said remember your teenage years before you judge Cody.
Respect Trains

Bolivar, MO

#56 Jan 30, 2013
John Richmond Jr wrote:
Don't in no way think I was agreeing with you. I just stated facts about trains. In no way did I disrespect these boys or their families. Just hoping that the other kids learn to learn to respect these trains so this don't happen again. And hope you learn some respect for families who are suffering and maybe a little class.
Agree

Jonesboro, AR

#57 Jan 30, 2013
[QUOTE who="ok.."]<quote d text>Well I have one little thing to say, no matter what happened that day we did lose Will, we thought we would lose Donnie, and we was scared for cody. I do not blame Cody in the least bit. The reason I do not blame Cody is because he is a teenager. I want everyone to go back to their teenage years for a second.. Right when you turn 16 and start driving everyone knows your music is cranked up, and you are laughing and carrying on trying to have fun with friends. Cody may have tried to beat the train but many of people have also tried this too, they were just lucky enough to make it. I couldn't tell you how many of times me and my friends should have died due to the fact of our ignorant selfs driving stupid. I feel bad for Cody he will never be able to completely cope with this he love will and everybody knew it. He would never mean to harm Will or Donnie, he's just a young boy. Just like I said remember your teenage years before you judge Cody.[/QUOTE]
I totally agree and wish people would realize also that they are just kids
John Richmond Jr

Lepanto, AR

#59 Feb 1, 2013
Oh no you are wrong you can't excuse bad behavior by others bad behavior, and no I did't act stupid when I was 16 and no when you are 16 you should not be considerd a boy you are too old to act stupid older people when they were 16 they acted like adults it's over the past couple generations that are considered kids way too long. What is it is people who act like kids longer than what they should.
John Richmond Jr

Lepanto, AR

#60 Feb 1, 2013
no Iam not disrespecting the families. Just saying the facts and just because I siad some stuff that is offensive that don't make what I said any less true. Can't have it both ways being stupid and expect peple to not say anything about. Also what I said not any less disrespectfull than the reckless drivers.
ok..

Quitman, AR

#62 Feb 2, 2013
John Richmond Jr wrote:
no Iam not disrespecting the families. Just saying the facts and just because I siad some stuff that is offensive that don't make what I said any less true. Can't have it both ways being stupid and expect peple to not say anything about. Also what I said not any less disrespectfull than the reckless drivers.
What's done is done. Just stop dude you are really messing with the families. Have some respect. Please just leave them alone.
John Richmond Jr

Lepanto, AR

#63 Feb 4, 2013
ok i will stop but know that just because you don't like something being said that don't make it anymore disrespectfull. and what I was saying wasn't wrong or disrespectfull
Her

Oklahoma City, OK

#64 Feb 4, 2013
What you were saying was disrespectful and hurtful. Don't try to right yourself off as the victim, John. You called a 17 year old girl, you don't even know, a whore, you're trying to blame Cody, and you don't even know what's going on. Tell me, how old are you? Instead of judging my friends, that are 16 and 17, why don't you try going to church? God will forgive you for what you said. Seems like you need some Jesus in your life. Remember though, Jesus loves you.:)
John Richmond Jr

Lepanto, AR

#65 Feb 5, 2013
Hey Her that 17 year old called the first name 16 and 17 is not a kid like everyone thinks they are. Iam not judging anyone. See if you are old enough to have a drivers liscense then you are old enough to have responsibility and if you are such a kid at 16 and 17 then you don't need to have a liscence, sorry you can't have it both ways. What did I say about the drivers that's so disrespectfull. Was it when I said that people who drive crazy like the driver hurts and kills innocent people each year? Or was it when I said that it's not hard to stop and look both ways? Or was it when I said that a teacher of mine once said some of you better be glade that breathing is natural because if it wasn't someof you would be dead at a young age you should be old enough to have enough since for their not to be a sign to tell you to stop at a crossing. As far as me blaming cody lets see if he was driving trying to beat the train hmm your right lets blame someone in china your right that is who we should blame. The others deserve blame or not based on how hard they were cheering him on or try8ing to discourage him. iam 33 by the way and as far as me calling her a whore what about when she called me a dumass or stupid first if she can call names to me then it's ok for me to call names back and no it's not retaliation it's called standing up for myself. Oh and I know well it's not rigth to say something back well it's no more wrong to say something back than what it is to say something first. If Iam not overlooked for calling her an name when she calls me one first then she won't be overlooked when I say something back.

Oklahoma City, OK

#66 Feb 5, 2013
John Richmond Jr wrote:
Hey Her that 17 year old called the first name 16 and 17 is not a kid like everyone thinks they are. Iam not judging anyone. See if you are old enough to have a drivers liscense then you are old enough to have responsibility and if you are such a kid at 16 and 17 then you don't need to have a liscence, sorry you can't have it both ways. What did I say about the drivers that's so disrespectfull. Was it when I said that people who drive crazy like the driver hurts and kills innocent people each year? Or was it when I said that it's not hard to stop and look both ways? Or was it when I said that a teacher of mine once said some of you better be glade that breathing is natural because if it wasn't someof you would be dead at a young age you should be old enough to have enough since for their not to be a sign to tell you to stop at a crossing. As far as me blaming cody lets see if he was driving trying to beat the train hmm your right lets blame someone in china your right that is who we should blame. The others deserve blame or not based on how hard they were cheering him on or try8ing to discourage him. iam 33 by the way and as far as me calling her a whore what about when she called me a dumass or stupid first if she can call names to me then it's ok for me to call names back and no it's not retaliation it's called standing up for myself. Oh and I know well it's not rigth to say something back well it's no more wrong to say something back than what it is to say something first. If Iam not overlooked for calling her an name when she calls me one first then she won't be overlooked when I say something back.

Then shouldn't you be an "adult" and not call her names too? Since your talking about immaturity. That's pretty immature on your part.
the real slim shady

United States

#67 Feb 5, 2013
You are an immature idiot! You won't come to Tuckerman and say those things!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cord Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr GuEst 30,027
brandy 6 hr Dope Steve 4
Why?! 14 hr BraceFace 1
The ladies of riceland 23 hr bo 6
lesa Downs (Mar '12) Oct 15 TRUTHBEKNOWN 17
logan loftis (Feb '14) Oct 13 shocked 11
anyone no where I can find Erica kelly has a so... Oct 11 guy 1
Cord Dating
Find my Match

Cord Jobs