15-Year-Old Killed, 2 Teens Injured A...

15-Year-Old Killed, 2 Teens Injured After Pickup Hit by Train

There are 83 comments on the ArkansasMatters story from Jan 18, 2013, titled 15-Year-Old Killed, 2 Teens Injured After Pickup Hit by Train. In it, ArkansasMatters reports that:

A 15-year-old boy has died after the pickup he was in was hit by a train. According to the Jackson County Sheriff's Office, three teens were in a pickup that was hit by a train on Highway 367 North just south of Tuckerman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ArkansasMatters.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
BILL COMPTON

United States

#1 Jan 19, 2013
According to kait it was an 18 yr old killed.
ur rite

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Jan 19, 2013
yes

Paragould, AR

#3 Jan 19, 2013
Who is Cody Gates parents?
Hell on Wheels

Newport, AR

#4 Jan 19, 2013
Missy n Dennis gates

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Jan 20, 2013
What were the boys names
arkansas fat man

Lepanto, AR

#6 Jan 22, 2013
I saw the story about the wreck on Kait 8 news and I heard some stupid stuff. John Brown said it could happen to anyone, no it can't haoppen to anyone, anyone who uses common since knows and will stop several feet and look before crossing anykind of intersection. That woman who said what she said about their being no cross rails, is unfortunatly rigt, for the reason why their needs to be stop sings and intersections becasue unfortunatly people are too stupid to stop at an intersection on their on and look both ways becasue they are too stupid to do it themselves. Like a teacher of mine said some of you people better be glade that breathing is natural because if it wasn't some of you would be dead. The driver doesn't deserver sympothy because he was driving reckless and his case is the equivalent of a drunk driver who hurts or kills himself in comaprison to if he hurts or kills innocent people it's the people who gets hurt from the reckless driver who is a victim. A tradgedy is like those kids at le bonheur who have leukemia who didn't have a choice that driver had a choice and he chose to drive stupid. Do you know how many people in society get hurt and killed by reckless drivers. As far as the passengers if they were or were not trying to stop him from driving like that determines how much sympothy they deserve.
yep

Newport, AR

#7 Jan 22, 2013
I think this is a good example of why kids shouldn't be able to get their drivers license until at least 18! I was a 16yr old not very long ago and I should not have been driving by myself!

Paragould, AR

#8 Jan 22, 2013
Don't understand how it could have happened unless carelessness was involved. From what I understand they had turned off highway 67, the tracks run parallel to 67, so how could you not see a train coming?

United States

#9 Jan 22, 2013
Only the boys know what happened that day. Those are just rumors.

Paragould, AR

#10 Jan 22, 2013
It says they turned east onto the county road on the arkansas state police report, that is not a rumor.
SO SORRY

Mountain Home, AR

#12 Jan 22, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
What I don't understand is they are having all these bake sales for ALL 3 families why are they giving the Gates family money Cody did not pass away he is not in the hospital fighting for his life, so why is he getting money...
HOW Cold Hearted are you?
cody gates the driver

United States

#14 Jan 22, 2013
And i sugest for no one to come on here to talk shit about me
cody gates the driver

United States

#15 Jan 22, 2013
All i have to say is talk shit get hit

Since: Nov 09

#16 Jan 22, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
What I don't understand is they are having all these bake sales for ALL 3 families why are they giving the Gates family money Cody did not pass away he is not in the hospital fighting for his life, so why is he getting money...
I am sure they have hospital bills too. What right do you have to question where the money goes?
cody gates the driver

United States

#17 Jan 22, 2013
Who ever knows who that guy arkansas fat man is tell me
concerned citizen

United States

#18 Jan 22, 2013
Cody, you're not helping matters or doing yourself any favors by getting on here and reading this junk and replying. Find other things to occupy your time besides Topix.
sad

United States

#19 Jan 23, 2013
It is so sad that people have nothing better to do than judge&run your mouths! Shame on you! Things happen so fast..someday you that are so fast to judge maybe in that same sit uation! These boys& their family needs support not this! You should never judge until u have been in someone else's place!
cody gates the driver

United States

#20 Jan 23, 2013
That information is incorrect. Before you post anything regarding this accident. Have your facts CORRECT. A lot of families are involved and are suffering and we DONT want a lot of wrong informatio posted.
cody gates the driver

United States

#21 Jan 23, 2013
I am cody mother. My child is suffering enough withot people getting on here saying stupid stuff. He was with his best friends that he loved. Get off his back. Nobody knows what happened that day no one knows what my child deals with every second of the day. People post stupid stuff so they can say the poste. But obviosly you didnt know any of the boys. They are really good kids. So unless you were on the tracks with them keep yout thoughts to yourself. Families are dealing with enough without all of this. God bless.
?????

Newport, AR

#22 Jan 23, 2013
cody gates the driver wrote:
That information is incorrect. Before you post anything regarding this accident. Have your facts CORRECT. A lot of families are involved and are suffering and we DONT want a lot of wrong informatio posted.
Cody keep your head up and don't let these people bring you down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cord Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
houses burnt in Swifton 11 hr Prince Vegeta 6
nancy ozier (Nov '10) Fri Milf hunter 34
beaware Thu Sherry Bates 5
tell me what u think about leland smith (Mar '11) Aug 24 OCEAN 2
No Regrets... Aug 22 Hometown Memory 1
Looking for Brandi. Aug 21 Mee 3
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) Aug 19 BARNEYII 31,047

Cord Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance