The 1980 Gray Murders
well

United States

#23 Sep 25, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>What r u his publicist lmao maybe u should send us all a copy. Is gonna cone down to Corbin library and do a book signing to lol
* is he gonna come down
kindle

Winchester, KY

#24 Sep 25, 2012
I would love to read this but not available on kindle yet...
huh

Hazard, KY

#25 Sep 25, 2012
where is this riddle guy now?
Renee

United States

#26 Sep 25, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>
What r u his publicist lmao maybe u should send us all a copy. Is gonna cone down to Corbin library and do a book signing to lol
No, I am not his publicist. This book is very close to my family and, although, ur wit is funny... This is not really a subject where comedy is appropriate.
Renee

United States

#27 Sep 25, 2012
huh wrote:
where is this riddle guy now?
He resides in an institution for the mentally ill.
resident evil

United States

#28 Sep 25, 2012
Renee wrote:
<quoted text>No, I am not his publicist. This book is very close to my family and, although, ur wit is funny... This is not really a subject where comedy is appropriate.
Then maybe you shouldn't be advertisin on topix ! I am very aware of the subject, lived run Gray my entire life. Which is probably 2X longer than u have been alive Renee. Making money off a family's tragedy isn't exactly appropriate either ! Btw I wasn't using wit, it's called sarcasm.
Renee

Reno, NV

#29 Sep 25, 2012
resident evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Then maybe you shouldn't be advertisin on topix ! I am very aware of the subject, lived run Gray my entire life. Which is probably 2X longer than u have been alive Renee. Making money off a family's tragedy isn't exactly appropriate either ! Btw I wasn't using wit, it's called sarcasm.
"Wit" is often used as another term for sarcasim and age doesn't make u more mature or educated so please don't be demeaning because u don't know me nor do you know what my intentions are. I posted this topic on this website because there are people in that community that would and will read this book. As far as the author having financial gain from this book... That is personal and as far as him benifiting from a family tragedy, it is my family so I think we can safely assume that this book has been approved and appreciated by all involved.
Renee

Reno, NV

#30 Sep 25, 2012
I would like to mention, for those curious, a precentage of proceeds from all book sales will be donated to a local charity that benefits under-previledged families in the Corbin area.
Renee

Reno, NV

#31 Sep 25, 2012
Renee wrote:
I would like to mention, for those curious, a precentage of proceeds from all book sales will be donated to a local charity that benefits under-previledged families in the Corbin area.
Corbin United Effort is the name of that local charity.
corbin

Corbin, KY

#32 Sep 26, 2012
Someone was telling, there was no release forms signed by Robin ,and RC has rights too. So has there been away of going around her that's still legal?
Looking

Louisville, KY

#33 Sep 26, 2012
I went on Amazon to order the book. It's a little pricy at $29.99. Anyway, I am wondering why the cover doesn't have a picture of the actual house where the murders occured? It is a lot more creepy than the one used.
resident evil

United States

#35 Sep 26, 2012
Renee wrote:
<quoted text>"Wit" is often used as another term for sarcasim and age doesn't make u more mature or educated so please don't be demeaning because u don't know me nor do you know what my intentions are. I posted this topic on this website because there are people in that community that would and will read this book. As far as the author having financial gain from this book... That is personal and as far as him benifiting from a family tragedy, it is my family so I think we can safely assume that this book has been approved and appreciated by all involved.
Hmm really ALL the family has approved this book ?? You Renee are a LIAR !!
Renee

Reno, NV

#36 Sep 26, 2012
corbin wrote:
Someone was telling, there was no release forms signed by Robin ,and RC has rights too. So has there been away of going around her that's still legal?
The book is based on facts. It is not elaborated beyond those facts in regards to RC. No release is needed if a book based on a true story is written using fact and first hand interviews!
Renee

Reno, NV

#37 Sep 26, 2012
Looking wrote:
I went on Amazon to order the book. It's a little pricy at $29.99. Anyway, I am wondering why the cover doesn't have a picture of the actual house where the murders occured? It is a lot more creepy than the one used.
I hope u enjoy the book. There are pictures inside of the book :)
Renee

Reno, NV

#38 Sep 26, 2012
resident evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm really ALL the family has approved this book ?? You Renee are a LIAR !!
Sorry u feel that way.
Thoughts

London, KY

#39 Sep 26, 2012
Renee wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope u enjoy the book. There are pictures inside of the book :)
It seems that YOU are the one making lite of the murders and all they caused. By stating "there are pictures in the book" followed by a smiley face tends to make a person think of you as either a little mental and/or a greedy person who now uses a such a horrible loss of lives as a way to fatten your own pillow. You began this post for the specific reason to advertise for the book thus increasing your own profits/royalties. Hope you sleep well.
Renee

Reno, NV

#40 Sep 26, 2012
Thoughts wrote:
<quoted text>It seems that YOU are the one making lite of the murders and all they caused. By stating "there are pictures in the book" followed by a smiley face tends to make a person think of you as either a little mental and/or a greedy person who now uses a such a horrible loss of lives as a way to fatten your own pillow. You began this post for the specific reason to advertise for the book thus increasing your own profits/royalties. Hope you sleep well.
Just FYI, I do not have any financial gain from this book so don't make assumptions. I am in no way making this story any less important by putting a smiley face, no offense but that is ridiculous. This book was written (not by me) for the sole purpose of clearing up rumors surrounding these murders and imortalizing the 2 people that lost their lives at the hand of a severly mentally ill person. I wanted to post this message so the people in that community knew that this book existed and in hopes that it would be embraced for what it is!
resident evil

United States

#41 Sep 26, 2012
Renee wrote:
<quoted text>Just FYI, I do not have any financial gain from this book so don't make assumptions. I am in no way making this story any less important by putting a smiley face, no offense but that is ridiculous. This book was written (not by me) for the sole purpose of clearing up rumors surrounding these murders and imortalizing the 2 people that lost their lives at the hand of a severly mentally ill person. I wanted to post this message so the people in that community knew that this book existed and in hopes that it would be embraced for what it is!
Just FYI most everyone in this community already knows the story, we lived it also, as a community and still live here !! I hope Robin sues on behalf of her mother and brother. Have u ever thought of how this unwanted publicity is going to harm her ? She still resides in the house. That's why no pic of the house was used, you need her consent to do so and she would not have any part of it !!!
Thoughts

London, KY

#42 Sep 26, 2012
resident evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Just FYI most everyone in this community already knows the story, we lived it also, as a community and still live here !! I hope Robin sues on behalf of her mother and brother. Have u ever thought of how this unwanted publicity is going to harm her ? She still resides in the house. That's why no pic of the house was used, you need her consent to do so and she would not have any part of it !!!
So in other words, the supposed REAL truth about the entire case is now based on falsities from the very front of the book cover. As I said, someone "within the family" but not in the family enough to respect the past horrible memories being kept at rest. I'd say those :) pictures within the book better not be of people who wasn't in on the book publishing rights. Those profits may just be taken away in court and given to the rightful family.
Renee

Reno, NV

#43 Sep 26, 2012
resident evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Just FYI most everyone in this community already knows the story, we lived it also, as a community and still live here !! I hope Robin sues on behalf of her mother and brother. Have u ever thought of how this unwanted publicity is going to harm her ? She still resides in the house. That's why no pic of the house was used, you need her consent to do so and she would not have any part of it !!!
Unfornately not everyone knows the story, there are a ton of different versions and rumors. I wish all the best to Robin and her family. I hope u enjoy the book.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Namu Myoho Renge Kyo 143,217
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 6 hr Rogers Suks 729
cta fire 2003 17 hr Family 7
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 23 hr Walk with God 943
General Dynamics Fri dazedandconfuzed 21
marriage licenses Thu gotojail 2
High School Football (Aug '13) Thu shady 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corbin Mortgages