First Prev
of 2
Next Last
A Friend

Murray, KY

#1 Mar 14, 2013
I seriously doubt that Eric Grisell even reads topix, but I wanted to say Thank You to him and his staff at Vankirk-Grisell Funeral Home for providing the funerals for the two little Cox girls.
I am NOT related to any of the victims of the tragic fire but I did want to recognize Mr. Grisell for his kindness and generosity toward the Cox family.
I personally know Mr. Grisell and I am not at all surprised by his kind gesture.
We need more folks like him in this town who truly care about people.
Not the First Time

Winchester, KY

#2 Mar 15, 2013
I have nothing to gain by my comment either, but this isn't the first time he has shown compassion for someone in need. And I know this firsthand.
Good people!
Looking

Schaumburg, IL

#3 Mar 15, 2013
It's nice to see Topix used as a good tool for once. I actually clicked this subject with intent to defend Eric. Thank you "A Friend" for starting such a nice thread! Thank you Eric for providing services for those babies. I don't know the Cox family, but I'm sure they are very grateful!
Dark Horse

Dexter, MO

#4 Mar 15, 2013
A kind person indeed. I think it was a very nice thing for him to do also.
Just Sayin

Somerset, KY

#5 Mar 15, 2013
I totally agree. In this day and age, it's a very pleasant thing to see compassion still exists.
Great Person

Winchester, KY

#6 Mar 15, 2013
I totally agree a few years ago, I had the pleasure of dealing with Eric on a funeral he went above and beyond to try and help in anyway to make it as affordable as possible. The women was a pauper in life and he gave her a very nice burial. Vankirk Funeral Home did a wonderful job. and I would highly recommend them to anyone.
Friend

Somerset, KY

#7 Mar 15, 2013
A Friend wrote:
I seriously doubt that Eric Grisell even reads topix, but I wanted to say Thank You to him and his staff at Vankirk-Grisell Funeral Home for providing the funerals for the two little Cox girls.
I am NOT related to any of the victims of the tragic fire but I did want to recognize Mr. Grisell for his kindness and generosity toward the Cox family.
I personally know Mr. Grisell and I am not at all surprised by his kind gesture.
We need more folks like him in this town who truly care about people.
I also personally know Eric Grisell and the staff at Vankirk-Grisell Funeral Home.And like you i am not surprised by Eric's kindness and generosity.He is a very kind and caring person who truly does care about others.
And we most certainly do need more people in this town like him who cares about others.
samuel

Roy, WA

#8 Mar 15, 2013
good for eric grisell, may your everything be roses
Molly

Dexter, MO

#9 Mar 15, 2013
My family only uses this funeral home. The owners and staff are great. And after seeing him show that much compassion toward the Cox family. It just strengthens my faith in the funeral home. Thank you Eric!
rachel

Corbin, KY

#10 Mar 16, 2013
I guarantee no other funeral home in Corbin would do this for anyone.
michell

Corbin, KY

#11 Mar 16, 2013
It sure is nice to know that there is still people like Eric in this town. I don't know him, but our heavenly father above does that is for sure.
I know

Demotte, IN

#12 Mar 16, 2013
This is not the first time Eric has donated a funeral for a child.He did my 4 yr old niece's funeral and never charged a dime.We will only use Vankirks now because of the kindness he showed.
Truth

Cartersville, GA

#13 Mar 16, 2013
Not true that no other funeral home in the area does kind things for people. It is true that this was a very kind service to provide indeed. Corbin Funeral Home just provided a family with a very nice funeral which I attended and ate the cost due to previous management not handling the preneed as they should have . They have written off several funerals refusing to charge families in need one penny more as set in motion once again by previous management . Funeral homes get a bad wrap because many funeral directors choose to focus on money to be made instead of helping families. Both of these funeral homes are worth being given the benefit of the doubt and have the best interest of the community at heart .
victims advocate

Corbin, KY

#14 Mar 17, 2013
Eating the cost due to previous bad management and giving services for free outright, are two totally different things.
Truth

Cartersville, GA

#15 Mar 20, 2013
victims advocate wrote:
Eating the cost due to previous bad management and giving services for free outright, are two totally different things.
Not true at all, it would be very easy for new management to pass the buck and it is a known Corbin Funeral Home policy to cover infant funerals for free, give out urns an all types if things they don't publicize. I was just stating that not all funeral homes are bad.
I know right

Georgetown, KY

#16 Mar 21, 2013
victims advocate wrote:
You're right. If those people had a prepaid funeral and the funeral home had tried to charge them again they could have lost their license. That's not "giving". Eric Grisell is a wonderful person and has been very good to my family. Thank God we have never needed a free funeral but if we did I know he would help in any way he could. He is a good man and so is Jim Thomas that works for him. The other guys are too but I don't know them as well.
God bless the families of all those killed in the fire.
Number one

Winchester, KY

#18 Mar 24, 2013
The Grisell funeral home is number one in my book! So glad Jim David went there to work, he's a great addition to the already wonderful staff. If you have any doubts that this is the preferred funeral home in the tri county area just read the obits, they do as many funerals as 5 other area funeral homes combined do. Kudos to The Grisells! They are a great addition to Corbin
crazy...

Whitewater, WI

#21 Mar 24, 2013
Vankirk is awesome!! I agree.. 8 yrs ago i lost my mother and the things he did were amazing!! I have the most respect for him and everyone there.. Thank you sooooo much. Without there kindness and generosity idk what my family would have done. God bless them!!
GLENN

Winchester, KY

#24 Mar 27, 2013
ERIC is a nice guy he was in charge of my fathers funeral and he did a real nice job that funeral home is one of the only funeral homes I know of with a heart I know corbin funeral home turner down LITTLE girl that was five years old and eric went and got her from corbin funeral home because the family did not have insurance and eric said when it comes to a little child money is not inportion when it comes to childrer he will even take a loss when it come to a child and I agree corbin funeral home really did turned down a five year old baby in 2008 becaus they never had the money up frount and THANKS ERIC WHEN I DIE I DONE MADE IT CLEAR YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF MY FUNERAL
True

Demotte, IN

#25 Mar 27, 2013
GLENN, I believe the 5 yr old you are talking about was my family member.If so,it is very true what you say happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to Trae Pennington? 11 min Class of 92 24
Jarrod Lawson 1 hr Truth 10
Deandra Cornett (Feb '16) 3 hr Trish 15
Solar Eclipse Glasses 3 hr Gerald baker 12
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr Duh 166,364
Will pay top dollar for your comic books and so... 6 hr Lamb 1
gossip in corbin 9 hr True dat 8

Corbin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance