First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bad assident 3 dead

Whitley City, KY

#1 Jul 6, 2012
just now happened on I-75 near Willamsburg, 3 people are dead Please pray...
myword

United States

#2 Jul 6, 2012
Anyone know any info on accident,who and what they were driving
concerned

Annville, KY

#3 Jul 6, 2012
SUV -and a truck, my husband is sitting in traffic very close by
pray for all of those involved...
wymt

London, KY

#4 Jul 6, 2012
We're following a developing story out of Whitley County.

An accident on southbound Interstate 75 has left at least three people dead.

It involved a pickup truck and an SUV.

Six people total were in the two vehicles.

We are told both vehicles flipped.

Whitley County sheriff's deputies say part of the interstate is shut down at mile marker 19.

Crews are diverting traffic onto exits 11 and 25.

We will have more details on this story as they become available.
lin plate

Whitley City, KY

#5 Jul 6, 2012
they said red suv... from Jefferson co
Who

Somerset, KY

#6 Jul 6, 2012
Jessimine county,i do believe,was what they said.
wymt

London, KY

#7 Jul 6, 2012
Update:

Northbound lanes of I-75 are still closed after a deadly crash that happened around 3 o'clock Friday afternoon at the 19 mile marker between Corbin and Williamsburg.

A pick-up and SUV, both traveling north, somehow collided. The impact of the collision caused both vehicles to flip several times.

We know that a family of four was in the SUV, which had Jefferson County plates. Two people were in the pick-up.

The Whitley County sheriff says that three people, all in the SUV, are dead. Three others were injured, but are expected to survive.

Northbound lanes are said to be closed between exits 11 and 25 until further
troller

United States

#8 Jul 6, 2012
Little late to pray they are already dead..
wkyt

London, KY

#9 Jul 6, 2012
troller wrote:
Only 3 people are dead, there are still 3 alive according to all of the news sites. You can pray for those and all of the family members and friends. Its never to late to pray.
News Flash

Ford City, PA

#10 Jul 6, 2012
A two-vehicle crash on I-75 just south of Corbin Friday afternoon has claimed the lives of three people and a fourth had to be airlifted from the scene. All four were riding inside the same vehicle.

Whitley County Coroner Andy Croley said that two of the victims were adults and another was possibly under the age of 18.

Two victims died at the scene and another was pronounced dead at Baptist Regional Medical Center in Corbin.

He said one of the victims was deceased when first responders arrived and a second quit breathing shortly after ambulance workers arrived.

A fourth victim in that vehicle, who was apparently under the age of 16 years old, was flown out from the scene by an Air Evac Lifeteam emergency medical helicopter.

Goldbug Volunteer Fire Chief Dorman Patrick Jr. said that the accident was among the worst that he has worked.

"There is extensive damage to the vehicles. Any time there is a fatality, that is definitely a priority type of call," he said.
The accident happened at about 2:40 p.m. near I-75 mile marker 18.5 in the northbound lanes.

A Toyota Tundra collided with a red Ford Explorer. The Tundra came to rest partially in the fast lane of traffic and on the left shoulder.

The Explorer flipped at least once and came to rest in the median leaving a debris field of at least 100 feet in length. The force of the accident caused severe damage to the vehicle and knocked off the driver's side front tire.

So far officials don't know what caused the accident. Kentucky State Police and Commercial Vehicle Enforcement officers also responded to the scene in an attempt to reconstruct the accident.

The occupants of the Tundra were transported by Whitley County EMS to Baptist Regional Medical Center.

Names of the victims have not yet been released.

The wreck had the northbound lane of travel at least partially shut down for over two hours. Firefighters with the Goldbug Fire Department, Williamsburg Fire Department and Oak Grove Fire Department worked to free victims from the wreckage.
Rockholds Volunteer Fire Department helped divert traffic off I-75 at Exit 15.

Patrick said that rescue efforts were complicated by traffic and extremely hot weather conditions.

"Traffic was one of the biggest problems as far as initial response to the scene," Patrick said. "Both southbound and northbound lanes were at a standstill within one to two miles of the scene.

"The heat was definitely a factor. It was 90 plus degrees. Everybody was trying to stay hydrated with bottled water. It wasn't cold but it was better than nothing. We tried to keep all the firefighters hydrated so they could keep their work efforts up and keep the task accomplished."

Patrick estimated that 25 rescue workers were involved in the extrication in addition to other emergency personnel, who helped with traffic control.

"Everybody has done a good job and have worked together. I feel sorry for the families involved but everybody has done a good job working together," Patrick added.

Patrick said that every occupant in the Explorer had to be extricated.

After the last victim was extricated from the vehicle, a fire department chaplain led first responders in a prayer for the victims.

All the victims died from multiple injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident. No autopsy is planned, but routine toxicology tests will be done on the drivers, Croley said.

No drug or alcohol involvement is suspected at this time, he added.

KSP Trooper Staci Walker assisted at the scene along with Whitley County Sheriff's Deputy Ken Shepherd and Deputy Cody Harrell.

“The Fist of Goodness”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#11 Jul 6, 2012
troller wrote:
Nope, The "Great White Throne Judgment" hasn't taken place yet, of course you would have to know something about scripture to understand that.
warrior

Somerset, KY

#12 Jul 7, 2012
Please just pray for all involved. Either dead or alive!
you know

Louisville, KY

#13 Jul 7, 2012
Horrible ....prayers going for the families and victims!
sosad

London, KY

#14 Jul 7, 2012
Have the names been released yet?
names

London, KY

#15 Jul 7, 2012
They were just released.
We now know the names of three people killed in a crash on I-75.

It happened in the northbound lanes between Corbin and Williamsburg on Friday afternoon.

The Whitley County Coroner has identified the victims as Brian Catlett, Ambeanna Catlett, and his daughter Savanna Catlett.

A fourth person in their vehicle survived the crash.

We're told the family is from Louisville.
Becca

Bowling Green, KY

#16 Sep 9, 2012
Brian was my brother, Ambe was my sister-in-law and friend, and Savanna was my niece. This very tragic accident has left a hole in my heart. I am still trying to make all of it reality. I want to thank those who sent up prayers for my family and would appreciate continued prayers. This is something that will take me a lifetime to get over. But God is in control and He will see me through this. My hope is in Him. God Bless!
prayers

Corbin, KY

#17 Sep 9, 2012
God bless your heart, I hate to hear about things like this. You hold your head up and keep living life, they wouldn't want no less for you and those they left behind.

We all have to go someday, some earlier than others, but it saddens me deeply to hear when someone is hurt like this.
Comforter

Clay City, KY

#18 Sep 10, 2012
Becca he will never leave you or forsake you. I hope that you find comfort in God and my hope is in him as well. I am so sorry about your family, I believe that some day we will all be together again.
Link

Big Creek, KY

#19 Sep 10, 2012
bad assident 3 dead wrote:
just now happened on I-75 near Willamsburg, 3 people are dead Please pray...
Praying!
wow

Somerset, KY

#20 Sep 11, 2012
god bless,people need to really keep their eyes on the road at all times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr A Slippery Slope 136,649
Rootbeer stand RAISED prices 3 hr satis-fried 4
What Is There To Do On Friday and Saturday Nigh... 6 hr Night Ranger 1
apt or house to rent 7 hr store manager 1
need a place to rent 7 hr store manager 2
When is Ross department store in Corbin is expe... (Nov '14) 7 hr store manager 4
Review: Corbin Nails Salon 7 hr Sara jane Canada 1
More from around the web

Corbin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]