Corbin High Schools theatre program

Posted in the Corbin Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
dramaqueen

Brownsville, TN

#1 Sep 20, 2008
Schann Mobley and her program is a waste of money! Most of the plays are stupid and unfairly casted. She picks that kids that have parents that contribute the most money, not based on talent.

We've seen all your plays 100 different times in 100 different versions. Grow some originality and a personality.
Love the Mob

Waynesboro, TN

#2 Sep 21, 2008
you couldnt be more wrong. The kids that get cast in those plays are the best there are in Corbin. I was in james and the giant peach and the only one that was half bad was james and a few minor characters. you just need to shut up.
love the theatre kids

Paris, KY

#3 Sep 21, 2008
These kids are wonderful. They have worked hard to be where they are and their parents are supportive and not just financially.
Sounds like you are just lacking in self-esteem and confidence. If you didn't get a role in this play then work harder and with a better attitude and try again.
Thomas

Hopkinsville, KY

#4 Sep 21, 2008
i think you are badly wrong...the theatre program is great
maybe

Brownsville, TN

#5 Sep 21, 2008
i'm not saying that some of them don't have talent. Evan Baylor is always marvelous. As much of a stuck up that Victoria Petry is, she always does a good job. For god's sake, let someone else take a leading role every once in a while. We all know that charity contributes a lot to the program, but holy hell, victoria is not the best actress in corbin. A lot of the others are over-rated as well.
cha

Hopkinsville, KY

#6 Sep 22, 2008
Victoria wasn't a lead role in the last play...if I may correct you
if I may correct you

Brownsville, TN

#7 Sep 22, 2008
the play was JAMES and the giant peach. Please tell me how that is relevant.
love the theatre kids

Paris, KY

#8 Sep 22, 2008
It's relevant because James and the Giant Peach was a play performed by the Corbin High School Theatre department of which Victoria was a part and not in a lead role. Someone else had the lead role in that play although I think Victoria would have done an excellent job as James. She's a very versatile actress. Her role as William in last year's murder mystery was great!
love the theatre kids

Paris, KY

#9 Sep 22, 2008
It's relevant because James and the Giant Peach was a play performed by the Corbin High School Theatre department. Victoria did not have the lead role of James, however, I must say after her performance as William in A Window for Murder last year she would have done an excellent job as James, no doubt. So, as you wished, someone else had the lead roles in that play.
Sterling S Franklin

Winchester, KY

#10 Sep 22, 2008
Hello, My name is Sterling S. Franklin and I am an active member of the Corbin High School drama department. I just want you all to know, that if you didn't get a part in the play that you auditioned for you probably weren't good enough. Sorry to be so blunt, but the truth is Victoria D. Petry is probably 1897384973294 times better of an actress/actor than you are. I hate to say it, but Schann R. Mobley is not biased however at times I wish she were. All that I have to say, is if you don't like our play and you don't like how they were cast then don't come. We don't want you there. Write a letter to your state congressman, or take a class on how to act and audition yourself... or simply kiss our butts.
Thanks so much,
Sterling
haha

Brownsville, TN

#11 Sep 22, 2008
It's irrelevant because it would have stepped on a lot of toes to have a girl casted for the lead role when there were younger boys that fit the mold. Trust me, if there was a leading female role, Victoria would have got it.

I've actually never auditioned for a role in any of her plays. Not only because I am far out of high school, but she has had no plays worth even coming out to see. The murder mystery was the ONLY good play she has ever put out.
Sterling S Franklin

Winchester, KY

#12 Sep 22, 2008
Hello again,

First and for most, this is a high school program. Not Julliard. Obviously you have been to many of our plays if you have such a strong opinion about all of them. Plus, you must not be aware of our new season.

If you are an adult... grow up. If you don't like Victoria or Ms.Mobley that much, why don't you tell them to their face instead of hiding behind Topix.com .

And, if you are a parent of a less talented child. Then deal, it happens.

In closing,
Are you coming to our murder mystery this year?
And if so, would you like to buy a season ticket?
Ms.Mobley and the entire cast would love to see you there.

Best Wishes.
little girl

Brownsville, TN

#13 Sep 23, 2008
Before you pass judgement on me, Why don't you stay off topix. Your brain cells aren't mature enough to comprehend what I said.

All i am saying is that she needs to do some newer, fresher plays. Something more hip than "James and the giant peach" and also, give other kids minus Victoria the leads.
hahaahhah

United States

#14 Sep 23, 2008
i love how someone poitned out Victoria's unsucces in getting her lead roll.
she is the most rude person i've ever met.
im surprised she has the friends she does.
To Haha far out of H S

Paris, KY

#15 Sep 23, 2008
Your obvious lack of maturity is evident in your nasty comments about high school students.
I think Sterling has some wise advice for you.
To Hahaahhah

Paris, KY

#16 Sep 23, 2008
Victoria didn't audition for the part of James. Are you still in elementary school? Your spelling is atrocious.
Sterling S Franklin

Winchester, KY

#18 Sep 23, 2008
1) James and the Giant Peach is a classic. This year we are doing Sweeny Todd I'm not sure if that is "fresh" enough for you, but if not im sure Mobley is up for some suggestions... Instead of ragging, why don't you do something productive.

2)I'm not sure if you are familiar as to how to cast a play. For the lead role you normally put who best suits the character, Victoria is a versitle actress. It is not her fault that is an amazing actress. Why would Schann Mobley not cast the best actress at CHS? That would be insane.

3)ANNND For the record, Charity does not contribute money so that her child can be in the plays. She contributes her time to make sure that what her daughter loves to do is a success. BTW, My family has never contributed money either.(And I must say I still get parts in the plays)

4) Obviously, my brain cells are mature enough to comprehend your so well thought out points. Otherwise you wouldn't be making low stabs at high school students when you are, as you said before, far out of high school.

5) And one last thing, Victoria does not have the largest female role in the new upcoming play. Not because she is not wonderful, but because she was cast into another part that was better suited for her talent and equally challenging.

AND AS FOR YOU Hahaahhah!
Victoria will be successful in anything that she attempts. Not because of her mommy giving money, not because Mobley is bias, but because she is truly talented.

Suck a lemon,
Sterling
little girl

Brownsville, TN

#19 Sep 23, 2008
To Hahaahhah wrote:
Victoria didn't audition for the part of James. Are you still in elementary school? Your spelling is atrocious.
My spelling is oh so atrocious. ha ha
how hateful

United States

#20 Sep 24, 2008
maybe wrote:
i'm not saying that some of them don't have talent. Evan Baylor is always marvelous. As much of a stuck up that Victoria Petry is, she always does a good job. For god's sake, let someone else take a leading role every once in a while. We all know that charity contributes a lot to the program, but holy hell, victoria is not the best actress in corbin. A lot of the others are over-rated as well.
What a completely hateful thing to say! I know Charity and Victoria and I can't believe that you think Victoria is stuck up at all. She is the first person to make fun of herself and is friendly to those who are friendly to her-just like everyone, including you,I am sure. I bet that you just graduated in the last year or so and aren't very far away at all- so close in fact that you still watch the plays and pout a little because you haven't ever gotten any good roles-then or now.And also, might I add, Victoria probably is the best actress in Corbin-not because she or her Mother think so-but because a professional independent panel of judges at the Governor's School for the Arts decided she was this past summer. Is that on your resume? Do you know that only 30 kids from the whole state get in each year for drama? Maybe you know that only too well.......
chs_girl

Clarksville, TN

#21 Sep 25, 2008
well, quite fankly, i think that the theatre program at the high school is a great thing to have. it gives all of the students a good 'taste' of the arts. and it gives students something to do, if they dont participate in sports. however, i do agree that we need some more updated plays. but i also think that for the upcoming performance of sweeney, ms. mobs should take on the challenge of making it a musical. i think that if the thespians tried to do a musical, more people would become involved in this spectacular program. i recently took part in a play, and i must say that it was a very fun experience. so i encourage everyone to audition for the theatre's upcoming play,'Cinderella'.
thanks so much

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min another viewer 149,556
Twist & Shout 36 min Stay Calm and FHRITP 35
looking to rent 39 min dkt 1
Who is running for Commission 40 min Bigger n Corbin 5
Brooklyn brothers pizzeria 41 min Papa Jimmy 32
I'm tired of everyone saying "America needs god" 1 hr Weareonlyfuckingo... 9
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 2 hr Walk with God 1,271

Corbin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corbin Mortgages