First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LOL

AOL

#21 Jan 16, 2009
Confused wrote:
<quoted text>
That's odd. I thought Darrell was killed in a car accident in Knoxville on his way home after a concert at the civic center.
no they were going to richmond on an alcohol run. dean was drinking jack daniels. i will never forget him turning up that bottle before they drove away. i asked them not to drink too much. but back in those days we felt like nothing could hurt us. he was killed and cheryle and daryle sort of hung on for a while but died as we all know. it was very traumatic and i went into shock, because i was supposed to go with them. the dr said i was feeling guilty because all my friends were dead and i was still alive. it was one of the worst experiences of my life and i still think of it alot.
Confused

Somerset, KY

#22 Jan 16, 2009
It has been so many years. I think I have confused that event with the accident with Charlie Temple in Knoxville. Iím sorry you had to go through that tragedy. I knew Darrell from school and met Cheryl some time after the accident.
LOL

AOL

#23 Jan 21, 2009
who are you? i knew charlie pretty well too. i wonder if you and i were friends?
Confused

Somerset, KY

#24 Jan 21, 2009
I went to Lynn Camp. Male. Graduated in 75. I knew Darrel and Charlie from school. I wouldn't post my name here under any condition.
me too

Ripley, TN

#25 Jan 21, 2009
i also remember these events and i also graduated from lynn camp in 75. Although, i knew Charlie Temple from school, it was not very well at all. I also knew Darrell from school (his mother was a teacher).
LOL

AOL

#26 Jan 22, 2009
female, quit school 1975 (Lynn Camp) and got a GED i would never post my name on this site. i wonder what happend to everyone from those days, and i wonder if anyone ever thinks about me. we were all so close. i worked at american greetings for a long time and had my own home as soon as i turned 18. those were the days. i wish i still had my car from back then. it would be worth a fortune now. plus i loved that car better than any i have ever had since.
Confused

Somerset, KY

#27 Jan 22, 2009
Hmmm. Were you a senior in 75? I see a few of the group now and then but not many. I have stayed close with several though. You're right it was a close group and I think of those days and the fun still. What was the car?
LOL

AOL

#28 Jan 24, 2009
no i was actually a jr. and i quit and got a ged. if i tell you the car, then everyone on topix will know who i am. it was a very cool car. factory color was a metalic blue. dad had it painted for me and my mom chose corvette yellow as the color. God it was beautiful.my brother tells me the car is still on the road and it is in barbourville. i have not lived in ky for many years. i have been self employed forever. but the economy is so bad. my husband and i both are in school now. we still have our business, but it is so very slow. did you ever go out to the grave yard with charlie to raise spirits? that was always fun.
Confused

Somerset, KY

#29 Jan 24, 2009
Okay, I'll have to put on my thinking cap. We obviously we must know each other. Too small of a group not to at least know who you are. Iíll have to dig back in my memory for a Corvette yellow car. That was a distinct color. I know what you mean about the economy. It is seriously affecting our business also. Jobs are dropping rapidly. I certainly joined in on the graveyard activities a couple times. Both were in Pine Hill cemetery. I lived in that general area of Corbin. The first time there were just about a dozen of us. The other time it seems like there must have been thirty or forty people up there. I remember one screaming incident where a bunch of people got scared and started screaming and running. Youíre right it was fun. I played Charlieís white stratocaster at a few parties. Do you remember it? Very nice guitar!
LOL

AOL

#30 Jan 24, 2009
Confused wrote:
Okay, I'll have to put on my thinking cap. We obviously we must know each other. Too small of a group not to at least know who you are. Iíll have to dig back in my memory for a Corvette yellow car. That was a distinct color. I know what you mean about the economy. It is seriously affecting our business also. Jobs are dropping rapidly. I certainly joined in on the graveyard activities a couple times. Both were in Pine Hill cemetery. I lived in that general area of Corbin. The first time there were just about a dozen of us. The other time it seems like there must have been thirty or forty people up there. I remember one screaming incident where a bunch of people got scared and started screaming and running. Youíre right it was fun. I played Charlieís white stratocaster at a few parties. Do you remember it? Very nice guitar!
i remember a screaming incident at the cemetary. too funny. i was running and screaming. yes i remember the guitar. seems like everyone had a guitar back then. i never could play. my ex husband (who was one of the group)could play so well. he and darryl jones used to play a lot at our house. darryl fell off a roof and died a few years ago. i think his parents moved to florida and let the roofing business go. my ex husband still lives in the area. where did you live or at least give me some sort of clue on who you are.
LOL

AOL

#31 Jan 24, 2009
me too wrote:
i also remember these events and i also graduated from lynn camp in 75. Although, i knew Charlie Temple from school, it was not very well at all. I also knew Darrell from school (his mother was a teacher).
please forgive me i did not mean to leave you out of the conversation. the more the merrier. we probably know each other too.
LOL

AOL

#32 Jan 24, 2009
Confused wrote:
Hmmmmmmm...are you george martin???????
Confused

Somerset, KY

#33 Jan 25, 2009
Well getting closer. I think you are talking about Darryl Taylor. He was a very good friend of mine. I miss him. He was a friend to everyone. I still play a blues song he taught me years ago. His parents did move to Florida and I havenít seen them in years. I believe they sold the business to Oris Jones. Iím not George but I did know him, Ruth and the other brother but I canít remember his name. I lived to the East of the graveyard. What area did you live in? I missed that other post also. Another Lynn Camper in the conversation. Since you are out of state, did you know the high school burned down a few months ago? Very sad looking up there.
fatcat

Middlesboro, KY

#34 Jan 25, 2009
hot babe wrote:
<quoted text>
Tip Ed's wife was my best friend for years. She was Sandra Sargent and she had a sister Helen and brother Darrell that got killed in wrecks. She got killed in wreck that her sister Glenda was driving. Did you know any of the Sargents. There was an older brother Lee. Seems like I remember the Napier boy. Did he have twin brothers from Corn Creek that were in trouble all the time. I have been away from Corbin for years and forget a lot.
I thought tip ed cobb was married to Vickie Chadwell and they had 1 son together?? Then she married Tim Bolton after Tip Ed died.
hot babe

Barnwell, SC

#35 Jan 25, 2009
fatcat wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought tip ed cobb was married to Vickie Chadwell and they had 1 son together?? Then she married Tim Bolton after Tip Ed died.
Tip's first wife was Sandra Sargent. He graduated and then joined Air Force and got into trouble so Sandy left him and was living with her sister Glenda when she got killed in car wreck. He married Vickie later. When was it Tip Ed died.
LOL

AOL

#36 Jan 26, 2009
Confused wrote:
Well getting closer. I think you are talking about Darryl Taylor. He was a very good friend of mine. I miss him. He was a friend to everyone. I still play a blues song he taught me years ago. His parents did move to Florida and I havenít seen them in years. I believe they sold the business to Oris Jones. Iím not George but I did know him, Ruth and the other brother but I canít remember his name. I lived to the East of the graveyard. What area did you live in? I missed that other post also. Another Lynn Camper in the conversation. Since you are out of state, did you know the high school burned down a few months ago? Very sad looking up there.
you are absolutely right, it was Taylor, not Jones. i must have had some some sort of brain fart. i was great friends with ruth.is she ok now???? george and my x were friends, georges wife, well i wont even go there.LOL i knew the brother, but can not for the life of me remember his name. i heard eddie mahan died. he used to practically live at my house. he was a good guy, but had so many problems with drugs alcohol and women. we were just friends. i had better sense to get involved with his problems. did you know pieter priestly? he was a big huggy bear. slept on my couch more than once. my brain hurts trying to think of who you might be? what kind of business are you in? and yes, i did know that LC burnt down. Someone just mentioned possibly buying a brick from the old school. my parents, my self and brothers and my kids all went to LC and so did my X. are you john helton?
Confused

Somerset, KY

#37 Jan 26, 2009
I haven't heard anything about the Martins in years. Don't see too many people from back then any more. I hadnít heard about Eddie. Was he still around here? Iím not familiar with Peter Priestly at all. Donít think I even remember that name. Same here about figuring out who you are. I just canít put the pieces together. I canít mention the business because it would be a dead give away to many. Itís a professional job. Not John Helton. I did know him. Heís a few years older. I ran around with his brother Mark some. It really looks odd down there with their gas station and Johnís shop gone now. Have no idea what happened to John or Mark what he is doing now. Last time I saw Mark he wasnít doing too well. Remember we didnít want to mention our names on here.
In the know

United States

#38 Jan 26, 2009
Tip & Vicki divorced several years before she remarried. Yeah, they had 1 son. And eventually Tip remarried too,he was with that wife when he was killed in the car accident.
hot babe

Barnwell, SC

#39 Jan 26, 2009
In the know wrote:
Tip & Vicki divorced several years before she remarried. Yeah, they had 1 son. And eventually Tip remarried too,he was with that wife when he was killed in the car accident.
who did he marry the 3rd time? didn't he have a brother? It is ironic that he and Sandy both got killed in car wrecks. where is his son?
LOL

AOL

#40 Jan 27, 2009
Confused wrote:
I haven't heard anything about the Martins in years. Don't see too many people from back then any more. I hadnít heard about Eddie. Was he still around here? Iím not familiar with Peter Priestly at all. Donít think I even remember that name. Same here about figuring out who you are. I just canít put the pieces together. I canít mention the business because it would be a dead give away to many. Itís a professional job. Not John Helton. I did know him. Heís a few years older. I ran around with his brother Mark some. It really looks odd down there with their gas station and Johnís shop gone now. Have no idea what happened to John or Mark what he is doing now. Last time I saw Mark he wasnít doing too well. Remember we didnít want to mention our names on here.
from what i was told, eddie had died from an overdose at home. i think he lived in lilly. but who really ever knows. and joe wilson also died in a hotel. i guess he and woody rutherford were partying and joe, as usual did a little too much and died. i dont ever see anyone from way back then. i hear things, but you just never know what is true or how much of it is true. my family is still in the area and will be till they die i am sure. they are also busiiness people and most everybody knows them. i used to fly in aprox once every month and did that for many years. but i have not been back in a couple years due to a death in my family, i just cant bring myself to go to corbin right now. i am also in med school and have no time at all. anyway, my family comes to stay with me. it is nice when they come. i have a big house and a pool, it is a lot of fun to have them here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min SistaNoneYa 137,736
song game-anyone? (Jun '09) 1 hr Dream Crystal 8,884
Larissa (Aug '09) 11 hr who2015me 12
what jobs hire with no drug test? (Apr '14) 16 hr imyou 22
Rootbeer stand RAISED prices 19 hr Truth 24
ISO Southern Gospel tenor singer 23 hr New_Journey 3
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) Fri Walk with God 856
More from around the web

Corbin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]