Sportsman 101

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

i agree. i was bringing mine back after 2 years off i already quit working on mine. forget it, it will be out of hand. The ones with more money will be upfront, No chance fro the rest.
John Davis

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

after further review and considerations for added expenses , we have decided to rescind the rule change on the cams , roller cams will not be allowed , since we combined the sportsman and truck classes there have been issues with some of the rules that are not clear , over the next few days we will try and review and get a more definitive set of rules in place to clear up some issues on body and suspension rules , some of the rules that people are seeing as changes have been changed over the past couple of years but just not clearly communicated since the merger of the 2 divisions , all of these unclear situations will hopefully be cleared up over the next few days , Please be patient for a few days as we try to get it all consolidated and cleared up
a fan

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

a lot of people thanks u play follow the leader up the there.what happend to the real races we use to have when u didnt have a clue who was gonna win.ive been there since vence petrey Benny Parker when they use to race there i think its time to have change where ever body got the same expension and engine .i agree with u looking over the rules and having some changes i agree with u 100%
mom go it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

i agree with u 100% go job john
a fan

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

whats up John I thank you all do a great job. We are looking forward two see you all.
John Davis

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

won't be long now !
Mo Money

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

the wheel thing is crazy for the sportsman, everone has wheels. now you have to spend 900.00 to get a new set of wheels and a set of spares. Not to mention. this will be like an open wheel class. they will be wheel hopping each other and it will be harder to pass. I will say I told you so after the sportsman start flipping. Its not too late.
racer

Science Hill, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

your prices are way off , it's not gonna make much difference in over all width , the tires were swelled out so bad on 8 inch wheels and it might make the cars even more stable with more rubber on the ground
back

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

Mo Money wrote:
the wheel thing is crazy for the sportsman, everone has wheels. now you have to spend 900.00 to get a new set of wheels and a set of spares. Not to mention. this will be like an open wheel class. they will be wheel hopping each other and it will be harder to pass. I will say I told you so after the sportsman start flipping. Its not too late.
someone has 7 wheels for sale, for 200 bucks on corbin speedway website sounds like to me you cant afford to run with the big dogs,,build you a slammer or somethig
2010 RACER

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

Good lightweight wheels do cost around 90.00 Dont understand why they done away with the roller cam rule and said it was because of cost then stayed with the 10 inch wheels. it cost money to change from 8 to 10. the comment about if you cant afford to run with the big dogs is the attitude that has ruined racing for many spend spend spend....
watcher

Science Hill, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

10 inch wheels aren't mandatory are they ? not sure how much difference they will make , it says the 80 inch width rule is still in place so run your 8's if you want and see how it goes
Super Streeter

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

honestly wrote:
Here we go again, just when there was hope for the Corbin International Speedway. John Davis is trying to put it in the ground again. Has anyone seen the new superstreet rules. A class that was finally growing, the cars are looking better, EVERYONE STAYING ON THE LEAD LAP. John Davis has made an ill-advised decision. What are you thinking adding more expense to the drivers. So now to compete we have to spend another 1500.00 on our engines to try to compete AND TO WIN 250. Why would you allow roller motors. Why would you allow 3 links. All you have to do to make this a late model class now is to shorten the wheel base. This is going to end up as bad as Newport Speedway. You can't tell the 3 late model classes apart. I guess we will have Super Late Models, Late Models, Limited Late Models. My buddy had the right question. Look at the 22 truck, He was already beating the field weekly. Now lets give him 35 more horsepower, and a better suspension. He was already faster than most late models. How are we supposed to compete with that. Next John You need to allow tubular spindles, quick change rearends, you have a certified pro late model. You still have time to come to your senses. 99% of the current class appears to be legal. You need to retract the three link rule and the roller motors (by the way, there is a weight penalty in late Model for a roller motor, not that it is enough) We all know you probably won't listen to this on one basis. You never want to say you made a mistake. Please think about this, this class will become an outlaw class. Most of the cars in this class are already built and ready. Why would you cater to the one or two (ed murray) building new cars? There was already talk of favoritism. You can still say, ok this was not the best idea, make the announcement, and give everyone time to get there cars right and legal. If you don't retract this you will make this class like it was a few years ago, when Doug Callebs and Russell Smith where the only two cars on the lead lap. This past year almost everyone stayed on the lead lap for a thirty lap race. That was great parity, good rules had everyone that even. This is not the kind of racing we want. I don't want to watch the 22, 0, 94 & 62 lap the entire field. Just think about it. This would be a good time, to have a first time. To say "wait, this might not be the best for everyone,"
I agree with this to a extent alot of tracks I have raced at thru the years let this class get out of hand. You really have to let 3 0r 4 link cars run because of the mid 80s monte carlos and others that had coil spring rear suspension, That isnt a problem. the problem is at corbin it doesnt state PRODUCTION type cars only.That leaves a slippery slope and allows stock clip late modles in. but it is hard to say you cant run a stock clip late model when the trucks are in that class and they are pretty much stock clip late models anyway. But he could state Production type cars only it is easy to tell the difference. I am not totally against running stock clip late models in SS but if he does he needs to give PRODUCTION type cars a weight brake or something to even it up. we saw years ago when clip cars was allowed in what happened. look at the truck class it started the same way and now look at it.easist way is to state leaf or coil spring rear 3 or 4 link PRODUCTION type cars only that means camaros,novas,monte carlos,thunderbirds,etc.
scottysmith

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

john are you going to practice this weekend and are you going to have gas
John Davis

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

yes on practice , better bring your own gas cause I don't have any yet
cmsracer

Cynthiana, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2010

weather not looking good for this saturday. maybe give you time to fix those scales.
scotty smith

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2010

john you going to have any gas saturday
John Davis

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

no racing fuel yet at the track , weather is looking bad for this week
interesting

Cynthiana, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

no more cookouts :( lol well i say , if it keeps the track running then that's no skin off my back. i'd much rather have a nice place to race then to be able to fry some burgers and ribs, can do that on Sunday at home! and I have to give a pat on the back to you for the no more riding on the cars rule as well. if there was just 1 person getting into the passenger side then i can understand, but hanging off like they do is just scary, especially when the younger ones do it in the mini slammers.
John Davis

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2010

thanks for understanding the situation , I'm trying to make things work and keep costs as affordable as possible
cost

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2010

if you went up on the cost to practice then you need to charge the people that are in the grandstands to. hell all they are doing is sitting over there with there stop watch and starting shit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,501 - 2,520 of2,586
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

47 Users are viewing the Corbin Forum right now

Search the Corbin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min Le Jimbo 144,892
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 15 min Khatru 127,983
Corbin Church 35 min Lisa R 1
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 39 min NO NO 81,552
falls hwy yard sale 2 hr :) 1
alternative to eastern cable in corbin/gray area 4 hr tod 7
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 6 hr Walk with God 632
•••
•••
•••
•••

Corbin Jobs

•••