Marc

Cynthiana, KY

#1 May 13, 2008
i see they are building a walgreens and a steak and shake.
look out we are a growing.
blah b

Corbin, KY

#2 May 13, 2008
I think that it is time for Corbin to move on up. Next I would like to see a new mall were we do not have to drive 45 mins to and hour to go shopping.

** Wonder what will be placed in the El'Dorado's building when they move out??
What up wit dat

United States

#3 May 13, 2008
Looks like a potential spot for a Hooters!
Just a hunch:)

Since: Jan 08

Corbin, KY

#4 May 14, 2008
If Walgreens hires good employees Goodbye RiteAid. That is the worse bunch of employees I have ever seen. There was one especially who acted like you were really putting her out to have to check you out. She was there when they first opened but I have not seen her lately maybe they fired her. Anyway, they need to give better service.
oh nooooo

Clay City, KY

#5 May 14, 2008
In place of the old El Dorados, there will probably be another cheezy bingo hall!
blah b wrote:
I think that it is time for Corbin to move on up. Next I would like to see a new mall were we do not have to drive 45 mins to and hour to go shopping.
** Wonder what will be placed in the El'Dorado's building when they move out??
Hola

Wilmore, KY

#6 May 14, 2008
oh nooooo wrote:
In place of the old El Dorados, there will probably be another cheezy bingo hall!
<quoted text>
Where is El dorado going?
oh nooooo

Clay City, KY

#7 May 15, 2008
just down the road next to the BP
Hola wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is El dorado going?
blah

Corbin, KY

#8 May 17, 2008
oh nooooo wrote:
<quoted text>
** Yeah like Corbin needs another bingo hall, bank... We need new businesses around town.....
New news

Brownsville, TN

#9 May 17, 2008
Heard the old El Dorados' is going back to a steak house. I've heard three names, Texas Roadhouse, Longhorn Steakhouse, and Roadhouse. All are the kind where you throw the peanuts on the floor.

Good choice I think, there are no steakhouses on that exit.

Hope it's true.
OldMoney

Hudson, OH

#10 May 31, 2008
Where is Walgreens being built in Corbin??
OldMoney

Hudson, OH

#11 May 31, 2008
OK, I just found out that Walgreens is building on the corner of Main St and 18th St (Falls Rd) and they will be building another one somewhere around Trademart Center. Does Corbin need 2 new Walgreens??
About time

Brownsville, TN

#12 Jun 1, 2008
I've heard about 5 locations for the trademart area Walgreen's.

One, on thd old IGA lot.

Two, on the other side of the street of Dairy

Queen, where the gas station used to be.

Three, out by the ford dealer

Four, tearing down the old cinemas, and rebuilding it in that corner of the shopping center.

Five, down at the malfunction junction, where the mobile home sales are, in front of the flea market building ( old Hecks).

Those are just rumors of course.
Old Money

Hudson, OH

#13 Jun 1, 2008
About time wrote:
I've heard about 5 locations for the trademart area Walgreen's.
One, on thd old IGA lot.
Two, on the other side of the street of Dairy
Queen, where the gas station used to be.
Three, out by the ford dealer
Four, tearing down the old cinemas, and rebuilding it in that corner of the shopping center.
Five, down at the malfunction junction, where the mobile home sales are, in front of the flea market building ( old Hecks).
Those are just rumors of course.
They are NOT rumors. Walgreens will be located next to Dairy Queen at Trademart where the OLD Citgo station used to be! It was reported in the Times Tribune a few months ago! The other one is being built where the Peach Corner used to be.
Druggy The Druggist

Riverview, FL

#14 Jun 2, 2008
Guess there's still a lot of money to be made in drugs ... why else is there so many drug stores in Corbin?... have you had your fix today???
Mother Here

London, KY

#15 Jun 2, 2008
I have to agree partial with Druggy. I guess you can tell the doctors in corbin would rather give you a prescription then actually help you. That is why we have more pharmacies in Corbin than london. And london has more population than we.
Mom of 2 Boys

Somerset, KY

#16 Jul 31, 2008
From my experience as a "transplant" I've noticed that doctors here are faster to give you a prescription without seeing you than where I moved from.

As for Walgreens, it's more than just a drug store. It has a lot more to offer, in my opinion. I was ecstatic when I saw them building in London. And as for bringing in bigger business, Target and Meijer really need to look into building in Corbin or London! Give Wal-Mart a run for their money. I could go for a mall, too!
Whitley Co Citizen 01

Corbin, KY

#17 Jul 31, 2008
Walgreens just recently opened a store in Winchester. Their prices are unreal. 12 pack of Pepsi $4.29. Batteries were outrageous. Their business there is minimal at best.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lets Play Word Association! (Oct '08) 54 min Princess Hey 1,067
drop a word, then add a word (Sep '10) 56 min Princess Hey 2,664
Word Association (Mar '10) 57 min Princess Hey 983
Bryan Bowling has been seeing my friends wife 2 hr Janet 1
Phelps music place 7 hr Drugsandhugs 9
Why nobody mentioned how Byers abused Tiffany? 9 hr Alysia 8
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 hr Nann 174,821

Corbin Jobs

Personal Finance

Corbin Mortgages