Gail Frederick School of Dance

Posted in the Corbin Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jumper

Dyer, TN

#1 Aug 17, 2009
Is it a good dance school? How expensive is it?
hmmm

Cynthiana, KY

#3 Aug 17, 2009
the gymnastics teachers are bi*ches
hammer

South Fulton, TN

#5 Aug 17, 2009
belle wrote:
I do know that the lady that works in the office. Her daughter, or grandaughter, not sure which, talks really mean to the other students, and nothing is said too her by anyone. Also, they show favoritism.
...amen..i wouldn't put my dog in there with those rich [email protected] wanna be's...lol
old friend

Ripley, TN

#6 Aug 17, 2009
We LOVE Gail Frederick school of dance. Great school my kids take there!!!! We love the gym teacher too. GREAT SCHOOL!!!!
love it

Corbin, KY

#7 Aug 17, 2009
My daughter goes to Tumblebugs and Ballet there and she loves it! All the teachers have been very nice to her and to us as well. We've not had one bit of problem or attitude out of anyone! Nice as peaches! We're in our second year of going there now! WE LOVE IT! I'd recommend it to anyone who's interested in dance or gymnastics!

Since: Feb 09

South Fulton, TN

#8 Aug 17, 2009
She's always had good recitals that I went to back in the day.
farfromrich

Murray, KY

#9 Aug 17, 2009
my daughter will be going into her 7th year and we have struggled financially to keep her in..she loves it and we love the school...Gail is the most kind, sweet generous person I have ever met...she really cares about the students...as for the gym teachers...yeah sometimes they can be a little bitchy but I think that they have a limited amount of time to get the kids in there and get to work and practice with them...they dont have time for BS....I started my daughter out very young and she has mad her own decision the last two years about staying in...she wants to stay in...she loves it....so no...I am not a rich bitch wannabe...I just want my daughter to have something in her life she is proud of and that will help her stay on the right track when she is older instead of being bored and experimenting w/drugs...she still might, but I think having the dance and gym will help her stay too busy...
just wondering

South Fulton, TN

#10 Aug 18, 2009
how much is the classes weekly-month?and are they worth it...
Grace

Fairmont, WV

#12 Feb 6, 2010
I was a student at Gail's for over 18 years! There is NO other individual that would contribute more to your child's confidence and self worth than "Ms. Gail"! The tap teacher I had was wonder, with personality to boot! She was as sweet and wonderful to ALL students, as Ms. Gail. The gym teachers have changed some, but Ms. Kelli is worth her weight in gold. I would recommend this school to everyone w/o hesitation!
dance

Cynthiana, KY

#13 Feb 6, 2010
Grace wrote:
I was a student at Gail's for over 18 years! There is NO other individual that would contribute more to your child's confidence and self worth than "Ms. Gail"! The tap teacher I had was wonder, with personality to boot! She was as sweet and wonderful to ALL students, as Ms. Gail. The gym teachers have changed some, but Ms. Kelli is worth her weight in gold. I would recommend this school to everyone w/o hesitation!
was the tap teacher's name Miss.Michelle? I can't remember.
devoted-fan

Clay City, KY

#14 Feb 7, 2010
Jumper wrote:
Is it a good dance school? How expensive is it?
Mu oldest daughter took for 15 years and my youngest has been taking for 11. All of my nieces have either gone all the way though (15 years each) or will. None of us are rich. It's just where we choose to spend our money. They do a great job of building confidence, poise and grace. Miss Gail is one of the most genuine, paitient women I know. If the teachers ever get crabby, it's because they deal with some young ladies who are not taught manners and respect at home. They have 30 minutes to an hour (depending on the age of the class) to teach and when the girls aren't listening, talking and cutting up, you might get a little impatient, as well. Gail is one who never does, though, I have never met anyone like her.
sue

Murray, KY

#15 Feb 9, 2010
The coaches at Gail Fredericks have always been wonderful! They love the kids and I have always trusted them. Lori, Leslie, Kelly, and Jenny have been there for as long as I can remember and have always been good to the kids. My child loves them all. Jenny even took care of my child when she was very sick in the hospital and we loved her there to.
InTheKnow

Louisville, KY

#16 Jun 12, 2010
If you really care about your child's dance education and what you are paying for check the teacher backgroud. A teacher at Gail Fredricks School of dance may have a simple "dance team" or trained at "Gail Fredicks" on their resume; compared to a teacher at a lexington dance studio with a masters in dance from a college who excels in dance. Don't pay for a dance education that won't get your child anywhere
Dance Teacher for Years

Anderson, SC

#17 Feb 16, 2011
InTheKnow wrote:
If you really care about your child's dance education and what you are paying for check the teacher backgroud. A teacher at Gail Fredricks School of dance may have a simple "dance team" or trained at "Gail Fredicks" on their resume; compared to a teacher at a lexington dance studio with a masters in dance from a college who excels in dance. Don't pay for a dance education that won't get your child anywhere
The majority of great dance teachers do not have degrees in dance. Dance is a form of art. You are either born with it or you're not. Just because someone has a degree in dance doesn't mean they are good. It also doesn't mean they are a good dance instructor, either. Many good dancers can't teach to save their lives. Go where it makes your child happy. And money should be no object when it comes to this. So many parents "make it happen" for their children because they know it is teaching them an art. And that is worth any amount!
Lisa

Glenview Nas, IL

#18 Apr 18, 2011
I've had a hard time reaching anyone at the school. I am interested in my 3 yr old daughter joining the school. She sits on youtube all day and watches people dance, doing gymnastics, and ice skating. She says she wants to go to dancing school
Local girl

Saint Charles, IL

#19 Apr 20, 2011
When you call you have to leave a message and they will call you back, it may take a while, but eventually they'll call.
dance mom

Cleburne, TX

#20 Apr 20, 2011
my little girl goes to gails and we love it!
Lisa: At age three, they can join the tumblebugs class. it's a 45min gymnastics class. they can join ballet at 4 and tap at 5. they are never in the office until after 3, but i never hear the phone ringing while i am waiting for my daughter, so i assume they just let it go to answering machine and return the calls. you could always just stop in, just go into the office in the ballet building.
Been there

East Bernstadt, KY

#21 May 29, 2011
My daughters have taken gym/ballet/tap at Gail's for 7 years. All of the teachers have gone above and beyond for them. I have never met anyone as caring about children as Gail. As for the phone, I don't doubt that they have to let it go to the answering machine. There are always so many people in the office, it would be hard to answer it. If you're really interested, go by the studio. Ms. Dinah or Mrs. Gail would be happy to talk to you. I definitely recommend Gail's (and have several times) to anyone in the area looking for a quality atmosphere for their child.
A Pleased Customer

Harlan, KY

#22 Jun 1, 2011
I have been going to dance at Gail Fredricks for over 11 years. I have never met such a wonderful and caring person as Gail. As far as the other dance teachers the only time they "fuss" at the girls is when they are acting bad or wont listen. I have to drive over a hour and a half to get there, and considering the high gas prices I would have dropped it a long time ago. If it had not been for the wonderful and caring employees. I have been going there for most of my life and i will still be there until I a 18 and I cant take classes anymore. I would recomend it to anyone who
love ms gail

Madisonville, KY

#23 Jun 1, 2011
Ms Gail is an amazing woman & teacher! And the girls at the gym are great. I spent 15yrs there & my daughter attends. I wouldn't dream of sending her anywhere else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr CCzar 166,375
How to make someone racist 3 hr Lamb 7
Kentucky is Cracking Down on Annoyance 12 hr Social Services 1
corbin animal clinic (Feb '09) 16 hr Upset dog lover 25
What happened to Trae Pennington? 21 hr Class of 92 24
Jarrod Lawson 22 hr Truth 10
Deandra Cornett (Feb '16) Fri Trish 15

Corbin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance