Angela Morris

Kim Young

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rewind

Manassas, VA

#1 Oct 14, 2008
This is a rehash of a previous post that had some flaws. I am sorry if I have misspelled anyone's name.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/corbin-ky/T1U...
corbin

Corbin, KY

#2 Oct 19, 2008
who do you think is going to win?
corbin

Corbin, KY

#3 Oct 19, 2008
Does anyone know any of the people running? Who has the best chance of winning?
Proud American

Phelps, KY

#4 Oct 19, 2008
I think you have to vote for Angela Morris and Kim Young together since they are running on the same ticket. You vote for one you vote for both. Sounds like a bad deal to me.
rsvccp

United States

#5 Oct 19, 2008
corbin school voters dont know most of them running this time and most dont care. who spends most money will get in
lady

United States

#6 Oct 19, 2008
Proud American wrote:
I think you have to vote for Angela Morris and Kim Young together since they are running on the same ticket. You vote for one you vote for both. Sounds like a bad deal to me.
No you don't, you pick 3. If you want to vote for one and not the other you can. Here is the sample ballot:

http://apps.sos.ky.gov/electionballots/ballot...
Nope

Middlesboro, KY

#7 Oct 19, 2008
They are not running on the same ticket and there is no 2 for 1 vote. What they have done is combine their advertising to save money which seems like a pretty good deal actually considering today's economy.
Proud American wrote:
Proud American

Phelps, KY

#8 Oct 19, 2008
lady wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don't, you pick 3. If you want to vote for one and not the other you can. Here is the sample ballot:
http://apps.sos.ky.gov/electionballots/ballot...
Yes, but when you select one of their names, the light goes on beside both of them. I asked about it. If you vote for one you have to take the other two. What a terrible idea.
lady

United States

#9 Oct 19, 2008
Proud American wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but when you select one of their names, the light goes on beside both of them. I asked about it. If you vote for one you have to take the other two. What a terrible idea.
I don't know who you asked but the information you are posting is not accurate. You can pick any three, you are not required to vote for one person because you chose another.
Seriously

Hopkinsville, KY

#10 Oct 19, 2008
Proud American wrote:
<quoted text>
Use some common sense. I hope you don't think anyone is going to believe that. Seriously, have you ever seen that before? No, because it is not true. I think it was smart on their part to advertise together. More people should do that. It would make clean up of signs easier, not to mention the money they probably saved. Smart ladies!!!! Some people really need to think before they speak or write in your case. The thought of vote for one get two is ridiculous, I guess you have never voted before, I feel so sorry for you if you seriously thought that.
wondering

Corbin, KY

#11 Oct 20, 2008
Is Kim Croley not running for school board again? I think she has done a great job and does not care to ask questions. There definitely needs to be someone like her on the board.
hmmm

Anderson, SC

#12 Oct 20, 2008
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Use some common sense. I hope you don't think anyone is going to believe that. Seriously, have you ever seen that before? No, because it is not true. I think it was smart on their part to advertise together. More people should do that. It would make clean up of signs easier, not to mention the money they probably saved. Smart ladies!!!! Some people really need to think before they speak or write in your case. The thought of vote for one get two is ridiculous, I guess you have never voted before, I feel so sorry for you if you seriously thought that.
this sounds like one of the two running together doing this little speech
amused

Corbin, KY

#13 Oct 20, 2008
I would be interested in knowing which of the candidates would NOT be in favor of making up a job for S Williamson. I will not vote for anyone willing to give him a cushy job.
Tattersall Man

Englewood, CO

#14 Oct 20, 2008
I would like to know if the school board candidates are in favor of the city annexing the new school in Oak Grove territory. That is very important to me.
that is ridiculous

Sikeston, MO

#15 Oct 20, 2008
Proud American wrote:
<quoted text>
If you honestly believe this, you are one of three things: 1. a five year old 2.someone who has never voted in their life 3. a complete idiot Get serious and quit posting ridiculous statements.
PROUD AMERICAN

Anderson, SC

#16 Oct 20, 2008
that is ridiculous wrote:
<quoted text>
If you honestly believe this, you are one of three things: 1. a five year old 2.someone who has never voted in their life 3. a complete idiot Get serious and quit posting ridiculous statements.
get serious and stand alone, run by yourself not as a pair
hmmm

Louisville, KY

#17 Oct 20, 2008
most everone on here is worried about A.Morris and K.Young campaining together. It has been said more than once they are saving money. should that not be something we want them to do?
why not ask questions that are school related not why are you campaining together? think about the real issues not things that do not concern you.
BIG BOY

La Grange, KY

#18 Oct 20, 2008
To Tatersall Man, The new school is not in the Oak Grove school district. It is almost in the middle of the Corbin district. If the property owner wants to coming into the City what is wrong with that?
PROUD AMERICAN

Anderson, SC

#19 Oct 20, 2008
hmmm wrote:
most everone on here is worried about A.Morris and K.Young campaining together. It has been said more than once they are saving money. should that not be something we want them to do?
why not ask questions that are school related not why are you campaining together? think about the real issues not things that do not concern you.
if you want to be in an office that's concerns me how you do it does concern me, are you going to be able to make decisions on your own or will you need your running buddy to help you make up youre mind!
Tattersall Man

Englewood, CO

#20 Oct 20, 2008
BIG BOY wrote:
To Tatersall Man, The new school is not in the Oak Grove school district. It is almost in the middle of the Corbin district. If the property owner wants to coming into the City what is wrong with that?
Hey Big Boy, I know how I feel about Corbin annexing the new school but I want to know how the three new candidates feel about it. Since you butted in, can you tell us how they stand on the annexation issue?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min Paul 169,974
corbin downtown bars closing early? 45 min Greg 2
depot on main ? 1 hr Eddie VanRoth 5
James Setser (Feb '12) 2 hr Well 29
Redhounds 50-Powell County 14 3 hr WTF 3
selling pocket knives... where to go? (Sep '10) 3 hr Fact 19
The Treasure Hunt 5 hr Shirley 4

Corbin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance