Jewell/O'Neill story making national ...

Jewell/O'Neill story making national news

Posted in the Corbin Forum

Jewell and ONeill story

Murray, KY

#1 Oct 19, 2012
It was on CNN today and is also on USA Today's website.
http://www.usatodayhss.com/news/article/high-...
fatherson want to play

Corbin, KY

#2 Oct 19, 2012
Does the father want the boy to play. Why would you go to CNN with story. If I was the coach I would have a new water boy.
Jewell and ONeill story

Murray, KY

#3 Oct 19, 2012
The father wouldn't go to CNN. They would just pick it up as a human interest story from other news outlets.
right

Dyer, TN

#4 Oct 19, 2012
right is right and wrong is wrong,GO JEWELL WE ARE BEHIND YOU
wonder

Dyer, TN

#5 Oct 19, 2012
is this the father and grandfather that is in law enforcement
lolololol

Fulton, KY

#6 Oct 19, 2012
Jewell and ONeill story

Murray, KY

#7 Oct 19, 2012
lolololol wrote:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v =PbMwY4ahe9U&desktop_uri=% 2Fwatch%3Fv%3DPbMwY4ahe9U
Watch this!!!!!
Umm, that was weird. Haha.
goaustino

South Fulton, TN

#8 Oct 19, 2012
Steve Jewell took backwater today:

http://www.lex18.com/news/football-coach-rele...
Jewell and ONeill story

Murray, KY

#9 Oct 19, 2012
goaustino wrote:
Steve Jewell took backwater today:
http://www.lex18.com/news/football-coach-rele...
Jewell said all the right things it seems like. And this is coming from an Austin supporter. Definitely good to see. However, you'll notice in the comment section, a lot of people from around the state believes it's a crock.
Thinker

United States

#10 Oct 19, 2012
It is my understanding that these rules are not written anywhere. How can you have a policy if it is not written and signed by the players and parents? I understand both sides, but if it is not written then rules can be changed to fit any situation or punishment. Not a good plan
Not the whole enchilada

Washington, IN

#11 Oct 19, 2012
Jewell and ONeill story wrote:
<quoted text>
Jewell said all the right things it seems like. And this is coming from an Austin supporter. Definitely good to see. However, you'll notice in the comment section, a lot of people from around the state believes it's a crock.
The paper just released a portion of the letter. The guy is a _________. The last paragraph says it all.
rule changer

Winchester, KY

#12 Oct 19, 2012
If it isn't written and signed, it could be change. But, it needs to be changed by the person who is responsible for the group, team class, whatever the case may be. Imagine a classroom where a student decided that they were going to sing the words to Rocky Top...now, it probably isn't written in any rule, but it shouldn't be allowed just because the kid wants to belt it out in the middle of class. If the kid asks permission to sing Rocky Top and the teacher says ok, then sing away. If the teacher says no, the kid can't do it...and if they do, they would be discplined. I realize this is a random comparison, but the point is if a football team (or any other) has a uniform that is provided to the team members (and Corbin players are given their uniforms - even down to the cleats)- it is implied that is the required uniform - nothing else.
Belive me - I am NOT a coach Jewell fan at all, but do understand both sides. If any of the boys wanted to wear pink for breast cancer awareness month, they should have asked and been allowed to do it.
Thinker wrote:
It is my understanding that these rules are not written anywhere. How can you have a policy if it is not written and signed by the players and parents? I understand both sides, but if it is not written then rules can be changed to fit any situation or punishment. Not a good plan
VolsSuck

Corbin, KY

#13 Oct 20, 2012
rule changer wrote:
If it isn't written and signed, it could be change. But, it needs to be changed by the person who is responsible for the group, team class, whatever the case may be. Imagine a classroom where a student decided that they were going to sing the words to Rocky Top...now, it probably isn't written in any rule, but it shouldn't be allowed just because the kid wants to belt it out in the middle of class. If the kid asks permission to sing Rocky Top and the teacher says ok, then sing away. If the teacher says no, the kid can't do it...and if they do, they would be discplined. I realize this is a random comparison, but the point is if a football team (or any other) has a uniform that is provided to the team members (and Corbin players are given their uniforms - even down to the cleats)- it is implied that is the required uniform - nothing else.
Belive me - I am NOT a coach Jewell fan at all, but do understand both sides. If any of the boys wanted to wear pink for breast cancer awareness month, they should have asked and been allowed to do it.<quoted text>
Any teacher in Ky. that would let a kid sing Rocky Top should be fired on the spot!
Poster

Winchester, KY

#14 Oct 20, 2012
VolsSuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Any teacher in Ky. that would let a kid sing Rocky Top should be fired on the spot!
Now that's the first thing worth putting on topix! LoL
wtf

Whitley City, KY

#15 Oct 20, 2012
lolololol wrote:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v =PbMwY4ahe9U&desktop_uri=% 2Fwatch%3Fv%3DPbMwY4ahe9U
Watch this!!!!!
This idiot also supports OBAMA!
Do you think Austin is hanging out with the emos and poor kids now!
wondering

Winchester, KY

#16 Oct 21, 2012
Agreed...but point was well made
VolsSuck wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Erin Lawton (Jun '11) 1 hr Sweet 26
Does anyone know where James Melton is? (Oct '08) 2 hr Rat 9
will any local churches help a disabled person ... 4 hr friend 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Mickey402 148,905
george wilson 4 hr dearest 1
Brooklyn brothers pizzeria 5 hr Billy Bucknasty 25
Pain 10 hr Wondering 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corbin Mortgages