christmas assistance
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
underemployed

Middlesboro, KY

#1 Nov 4, 2011
Does anybody have any info on places that are providing assistance for Christmas?
yep

London, KY

#2 Nov 4, 2011
The Corbin Unemployment office, get a job and turn off your internet. That will save you about $40 between now and Christmas, bum!
really

Cynthiana, KY

#3 Nov 4, 2011
Yep... Totally uncalled for! Don't be judging.
To the person who posted this topic...
Try some of the local churches.
totally agree

Sharon, SC

#4 Nov 5, 2011
I have to say that I totally agree with yep and really, I do believe in helping people that need help but I also know that some haven't worked in years and in their 30's and 40's and stay in bed because they are too sorry to get a job and want mommy and daddy to pay all their bills and buy their cig's and take care of everything for their kids, then when a church or bank offers christmas help they are first in line let's help people that deserve the help and are trying the best they can, I don't think that laying in bed not because they are sick just too lazy to get up and get a job, but oh they want the government to give them a phone and food stamps so they can trade them for their cig's and pop. Sorry people put your internet to good use and fill out applications there are jobs out there but you can't get one in bed. Then after the church donates all the stuff to them they turn around and sell it for drugs. God is watching and will not take care of them anymore. After so many years the government should wake up.
yep

Sheridan, AR

#5 Nov 5, 2011
Really, what's uncalled for is people looking for a handout all the time. If they can play on the internet all day they can get a job at places like Source Corp and ACS and play on the computer there doing an actual job, instead of depending on someone else to provide for them. Thats a big problem with this country right now, the government and the welfare bums are making life harder for those who do work for a living. You might get by with it now, but there will come a day when you will pay for it IF YOU ARE LIVING ON HANDOUTS AND NOT PROVIDING FOR YOUR FAMILY WHEN YOU ARE ABLE TO DO SO. One other thing, if this person is able to work and won't, and then takes from the local churches, that is stealing from God himself. So they better be careful, VERY CAREFUL!
IknowU

Middlesboro, KY

#6 Nov 5, 2011
yep wrote:
Really, what's uncalled for is people looking for a handout all the time. If they can play on the internet all day they can get a job at places like Source Corp and ACS and play on the computer there doing an actual job, instead of depending on someone else to provide for them. Thats a big problem with this country right now, the government and the welfare bums are making life harder for those who do work for a living. You might get by with it now, but there will come a day when you will pay for it IF YOU ARE LIVING ON HANDOUTS AND NOT PROVIDING FOR YOUR FAMILY WHEN YOU ARE ABLE TO DO SO. One other thing, if this person is able to work and won't, and then takes from the local churches, that is stealing from God himself. So they better be careful, VERY CAREFUL!
They didn't deny you assistance when when wife was pregnant did they.
yep

Sheridan, AR

#7 Nov 6, 2011
Strike One- You only think you know me. First off, my wife has never been pregnant, second, I can't get her pregnant cause I'm a woman, and third, I've never asked for, nor received assistance. Nice try, go ahead, try for strike two, idiot.

Since: Mar 10

London, KY

#8 Nov 6, 2011
If you will not help yourself, why should anyone else?

I think that people that are working should get help if they need it. If you are to sorry to work, then why should you get ANY help. This is a general statement, and not directed toward anyone.
friend

Middlesboro, KY

#9 Nov 7, 2011
I totally agree, I am middle class and work and we could not get help if we tried. The "poverty" level people know the system and they know everything everywhere that is free and they know how to work the system and they teach their kids to do the same and so on and so on. I just dont understand. Elderly people cant even afford to get their medicines and do without food and guess who gets the help. The sorry no goods that are bleed their hearts in "poverty", I think by choice.
60scamarogrl

United States

#10 Nov 7, 2011
Gosh, This person posted as underemployed meaning they are they the WORKING poor! I dont understand all the mean and negative comments. I have never struggled myself in the last 15 years that I have been on my own, but even I have seen how hard it is for some people. I helped a HOMELESS military vet out last year.Fed him, gave him a place to live and paid his bills. He is now employed and paying his own way. You never know when you will need help yourself.
underemployed

Middlesboro, KY

#11 Nov 7, 2011
yep wrote:
The Corbin Unemployment office, get a job and turn off your internet. That will save you about $40 between now and Christmas, bum!
I use wifi, have a puter I bought years ago when I had a job, to help with my job and school), I am on unemployment, am having problems finding a job (especially that will amount to anything paywise) I have been saving recyclables for Christmas...am doing all that I can to make ends meet-the burn is on you...until you know somebody else story-dont judge, makes you look like an as$, really
underemployed

Middlesboro, KY

#12 Nov 7, 2011
totally agree wrote:
I have to say that I totally agree with yep and really, I do believe in helping people that need help but I also know that some haven't worked in years and in their 30's and 40's and stay in bed because they are too sorry to get a job and want mommy and daddy to pay all their bills and buy their cig's and take care of everything for their kids, then when a church or bank offers christmas help they are first in line let's help people that deserve the help and are trying the best they can, I don't think that laying in bed not because they are sick just too lazy to get up and get a job, but oh they want the government to give them a phone and food stamps so they can trade them for their cig's and pop. Sorry people put your internet to good use and fill out applications there are jobs out there but you can't get one in bed. Then after the church donates all the stuff to them they turn around and sell it for drugs. God is watching and will not take care of them anymore. After so many years the government should wake up.
I agree that there are some ppl like that-but not all, and it is unfair to judge ppl individually (like ppl are here to me for some reason) unless you know the full story. Have been looking on the internet, for both jobs and christmas assistance...not sitting in my bed all day...have been on my own since I was 16-no mommy or daddy to take care of me...also, up until last year, was doing fine, working 2 jobs while raising a family and going to school (to eventually get a better job). I find absolutely nothing wrong with asking for help(especially when it concerns my children)when I need it, considering I have worked most of my life, probably given more to the system than taken from, and help others every opportunity I get, because I know firsthand how hard downtimes can be.
underemployed

Middlesboro, KY

#13 Nov 7, 2011
totally agree wrote:
Something needs to change with the 'jobs' too, I know several ppl, who, after deductions (child support, taxes) dont even bring home enough money to afford to put gas in their car to go to work, let alone make it worth the effort, and get very discouraged...most jobs pay what-$7.50/hr, and offer part time hours starting out-then if they do get assistance (food stamps) that gets lowered too, making it very discouraging for some ppl to accept just any kind of work-seems to be a disgusting cycle
Okay

Louisville, KY

#14 Nov 7, 2011
Call KCEOC in Barbourville. They are now doing job placement. Some of the jobs pay around 30k/yr. I hope you find something to support your family. I am a single mother and I know how it feels to struggle emotionally and financially. Best of luck to you and your family.
really

Somerset, KY

#15 Nov 7, 2011
you complain you can't find a job that pays anything, sure you can sit around and draw a check or get a job at long john silver's, kfc, or mcdonald's, yes they are all hiring right now. At least make an effort until you can get a fulltime job. What are you going to do when the unemployment runs out, then you will have no choice but to work a job that pays less than you think you're worth. You're not doing all you can to make ends meet or you'd be out looking for a job instead of playing on topix.
how to contact you

Somerset, KY

#16 Nov 7, 2011
Underemployed, can you leave a way for someone to contact you on here? Or more info. about your kids ages, sizes, likes, etc.
underemployed

Middlesboro, KY

#17 Nov 7, 2011
how to contact you wrote:
Underemployed, can you leave a way for someone to contact you on here? Or more info. about your kids ages, sizes, likes, etc.
I can be reached via email: [email protected], although very hesitant to put that out there with all the negative judgemental activity this post has created, that was definately not my intentions. I, not unlike so many others, are struggling to make ends meet...in addition to being let go from my job, I have been struggling with my health(uninsured, yet slightly over income to qualify for medicaid) which further complicates matters. If anybody wants to contact me with helpful information (as I assume is the intention the author of the post I am responding to) my email is available, and I welcome any help/info. Thank you.
michelle

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Oct 30, 2012
you all should really think of what you say.. people need help and like others have said unless you know their story how can you judge.. like God said you will be measured by the same harshness you measure with..
Fed Up

Williamsburg, KY

#19 Oct 30, 2012
We didn't grow up with "Christmas Assistance" or any other assistance And we survived just fine. Quit teaching your kids that everything in life is free and the world owes them! People need to get off their azzez and take care of thier own. Whatever happened to parents saying that if they couldn't afford it then the kids wasn't getting it? Christmas is just another day to most kids and they can't even tell you what it's about anyway.
sweetgypsy

Williamsburg, KY

#20 Oct 30, 2012
Fed Up wrote:
We didn't grow up with "Christmas Assistance" or any other assistance And we survived just fine. Quit teaching your kids that everything in life is free and the world owes them! People need to get off their azzez and take care of thier own. Whatever happened to parents saying that if they couldn't afford it then the kids wasn't getting it? Christmas is just another day to most kids and they can't even tell you what it's about anyway.
This is so true. i totally agree with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tim lawson 47 min Jed 4
Family Court Lawyers 58 min need to know 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr noo 148,136
23 blast movie. What a joke! (Mar '12) 9 hr Mycuda 194
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 9 hr Walk with God 1,190
Blonde waitress at Bubby's BBQ 13 hr Alayna 2
23rd ST??? 17 hr Really 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corbin Mortgages