lap band surgery

Posted in the Corbin Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wondering

Cynthiana, KY

#1 Nov 2, 2009
wondering has anyone had good sucess with this i am seriously thinking about having it done
wonder

Somerset, KY

#2 Nov 2, 2009
You must be a medicaid mama to be thinking about having it done. Thats the only place that pays for it. Also thats the only people i know that can have it done, because us working people have to pay for your insecurities. Go a head and do it, i know plenty of women that almost died from it, so take the chance one less welfare mama that i have to spend my tax money on.
a bit harsh

Middlesboro, KY

#3 Nov 2, 2009
I am not the above poster, but don't you think that was a bit harsh. People have that procedure done to improve health most of the time, not because of looks. Many insurance companies pay for it if you are a certain pounds overweight.

Be kind. It makes the world a better place.
damn

Barbourville, KY

#4 Nov 2, 2009
wonder wrote:
You must be a medicaid mama to be thinking about having it done. Thats the only place that pays for it. Also thats the only people i know that can have it done, because us working people have to pay for your insecurities. Go a head and do it, i know plenty of women that almost died from it, so take the chance one less welfare mama that i have to spend my tax money on.
i would say only person here on medicaid is you.guess they wouldnt pay for you a pill so you are pissed!!
wondering

Cynthiana, KY

#5 Nov 2, 2009
wonder wrote:
listen here i am not a welfare mama i work for a living thank you but oh how i wish i had medicare so f* off
wondering

Cynthiana, KY

#6 Nov 2, 2009
damn wrote:
<quoted text>i would say only person here on medicaid is you.guess they wouldnt pay for you a pill so you are pissed!!
thanks, i agree with you ppl make me so mad i was just wondering if anyone had problems or success with this but their is always a smart a** but thanks again for putting yhr other person in their place:)
wondering

Cynthiana, KY

#7 Nov 2, 2009
the.... i typed it wrong
wondering

Cynthiana, KY

#8 Nov 2, 2009
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>listen here i am not a welfare mama i work for a living thank you but oh how i wish i had medicare so f* off
medicaid
I know

Middlesboro, KY

#9 Nov 2, 2009
First of all, that first person to comment is an egotistical, self centered, b*tch who doesnt know her azz from a hole in the ground....grow up and get a life!! and dont go hatein on people who are trying to better theirs!! Now, that that crap is out of the way, I will tell you that I would not recommend it. I had it (and just so you know, had private insurance, dont want you to worry to much miss heartless b*tch who posted first)AND anyhow, I did absolutely everything I was suppose to down to the letter and finally lost seventy lbs after a year, then I got the flu and stomach flu back to back and it slipped...went back in and had to have emergency surgery and well, its been another year, no weight loss, and I was having stomach acid to come out my nose while I slept, ended up with pnuemonia due to it, and they thought it slipped but turns out my band was just too tight, they removed all of the fluid and that went away however, now Im wishing Id had bypass (well, sorta) and now I cant afford it. All people that Ive seen that had bypass have lost tons of weight, however they look so sickly I dont know if I wanna look that way either so therefore, Ive just decided to do the unthinkable, and try to be happy with what I am! Ive torchered myself all my life over azzholes that think their so much better than me because Im fat and I have just came to the conclusion that nobody pays my bills or does squat for me, and my man loves me just the way I am, so therefore Im sick of going through hell to please others..I do wish you luck in whatever you do. IF you do decide to do it, stick with the plan of action and never get ofcourse, once you do its almost impossible to get back on track...like they tell you, its a TOOL not a MIRACLE cure. Good luck.
I Have A LapBand

Louisville, KY

#10 Nov 3, 2009
wondering wrote:
wondering has anyone had good sucess with this i am seriously thinking about having it done
I have had my lap band for a little over two years. I have had multiple problems with my port during this year. I have had two flipped ports, and waiting to have this last one repaired. I have had a leaking port that was opened up twice before a new one was put in, and I have also has my port incision pull apart two times inbetween all this other mess. My doc is across country so it cost a lot to cover this out of pocket exense, my private insurance will only pay a lifetime max of $5000 and that has many hoops to jump thru to get.Think carefully. Its not if you will get complications with the band but when. I lost at most 40 pounds and after all these problems I am about 20 pounds lost. I was a selfpay for this so I have a ot invested. Wished I had known before hand.
Big girl luver

Madisonville, KY

#11 Nov 3, 2009
i can understand wanting it done for health reasons,but hell i like big girls,Big Girls need Luvin too.
Corbin resident

Middlesboro, KY

#12 Nov 3, 2009
I was thinking about having this done-but now I wonder-hmmmmm
Lapband Owner

Washington, DC

#13 Nov 3, 2009
I have had the lapband for 2 1/2 years. I have lost over a 100 lbs and kept it off. My insurance paid for it, Blue Cross of KY. I have not had any issues with it but getting the adjustments are a pain.
If I were considering Weight Loss Surgery at this point, I would go with the gastric sleeve. Its a wonderful procedure and you don't have the malabsorbtion issues that gastric bypass causes. If you want to do more research, look here on www.obesityhelp.com
Good luck to you! Getting healthy is the goal. Even for people on Medicaid, research has shown that the cost of caring for an obese person over the course of their lifetime is far more money (tax dollars!) than the cost of Weight Loss Surgery. That is why they pay for it, it saves money in the long run. I am all for a person trying to better themselves, health wise or looks!
just _me2

Barbourville, KY

#14 Nov 3, 2009
I know i am overweight like 40lbs and i am a diabetic,blood pressure problems.i have tried some diets that would only make me worse,so know i say to myself.If god wanted everyone skinny he would made us that way and there is people in this world bigger then me so why worry about it.good luck if you go for the lap band,i dont know anyone thats had it.
Funny

Washington, DC

#15 Nov 3, 2009
just _me2 wrote:
I know i am overweight like 40lbs and i am a diabetic,blood pressure problems.i have tried some diets that would only make me worse,so know i say to myself.If god wanted everyone skinny he would made us that way and there is people in this world bigger then me so why worry about it.good luck if you go for the lap band,i dont know anyone thats had it.
God has nothing to do with people being fat! Overeating and self indulgence is what makes people fat, and on a rare occasion, people do have health issues that cause weight gain. The bottom line is, if you take in more calories than you burn, you WILL gain weight!
wondering

Cynthiana, KY

#16 Nov 3, 2009
thanks again for all the kindness and information on this issue ! it seems i still have alot to think about :)
hmmm

Middlesboro, KY

#17 Nov 3, 2009
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
God has nothing to do with people being fat! Overeating and self indulgence is what makes people fat, and on a rare occasion, people do have health issues that cause weight gain. The bottom line is, if you take in more calories than you burn, you WILL gain weight!
All though for the most part that is right, you have no idea apparently what it is like to have a weight problem, my husband can eat and eat and never stop eating and Never be over weight! I, on the other hand, can eat a 1/4 of what he does and be fat as hell!! If you are someone who is genetically geared to be over weight then you practically have to starve and work out constantly to be what the world calls a "normal" weight..after all, why do you think it is that people who have bypass or more drastic wls only eat a TOTAL of 4 OZ of food in a day??? They can only eat 1 Oz of food in a meal, which is like equal to eating a chicken nugget and youre full! Therefore, does that not tell you something that they have to eat only the equailty of four chicken nuggets in a total day, and no more just to be a regular weight??? Know what you are talking about before you judge...its people that act like this that cause our girls to be anorexic and others to live with a complex all their lives!
Oh I know

Washington, DC

#18 Nov 3, 2009
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
All though for the most part that is right, you have no idea apparently what it is like to have a weight problem, my husband can eat and eat and never stop eating and Never be over weight! I, on the other hand, can eat a 1/4 of what he does and be fat as hell!! If you are someone who is genetically geared to be over weight then you practically have to starve and work out constantly to be what the world calls a "normal" weight..after all, why do you think it is that people who have bypass or more drastic wls only eat a TOTAL of 4 OZ of food in a day??? They can only eat 1 Oz of food in a meal, which is like equal to eating a chicken nugget and youre full! Therefore, does that not tell you something that they have to eat only the equailty of four chicken nuggets in a total day, and no more just to be a regular weight??? Know what you are talking about before you judge...its people that act like this that cause our girls to be anorexic and others to live with a complex all their lives!
Yes, I do know what its like to be overweight, I have had lapband surgery myself and maintained over a 100 lb weight loss. Everyone has a different metabolism which explains why one person can eat alot and another will gain weight on a smaller amount. Most weight loss surgery patients can eat 4 oz of food for each meal right from the start. They can eat more actually which is why they end up stretching their stomachs back out and regaining the lost weight. It is a medical fact that you have to burn the calories or you will gain weight. Exercise increases a persons metabolism and allows them to eat more. If I have a big dinner planned, I plan big exercise to compensate. So, all in all, I am not judging anyone at all. I just know for a fact, unless you have a medical condition that causes weight gain (and so few of those conditions actually exist), if you are overweight its simply because you take in more calories than your body uses. Its a scientific and medical fact. Not just my opinion, a proven fact. Anyone that wants to can be slim if they are willing to do what it takes. A person has to be willing to pay the price, eat less and exercise more. Yes, its hard even after weight loss surgery. Its all in wanting it bad enough to do what you have to do. I did not gain weight overnight and I sure did not lose it overnight. Yes, I go to bed hungry on a regular basis but I am willing to pay that price because I wake up in the morning looking darn fine and without any of my previous medical conditions caused by being overweight most of my adult life.
Got it

Winchester, KY

#19 Nov 3, 2009
i have lost around a hundred pounds, i had my band done in 2003. Have kept the weight off. Had 1 fill then had it taken out( the 1cc of saline)the fill tightened it so much I could only eat cream of wheat. Iv'e had no other complications. But if i had it to do over I would'nt do it. It is not a cure all. The battle with weight Iv'e discovered is in the mind not the stomach!
myself

Corbin, KY

#20 Nov 4, 2009
wondering, i know who you are!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 min The Apostle 6,986
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Uncle Tab 155,254
News Flash 13 min Scoop 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 131,106
looking for job (Jan '14) 2 hr gd 6
truck for sale cheap. gas saver 2 hr camaro 4
Daily Bible Verse 3 hr Walk with God 73

Corbin Jobs

Corbin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Corbin News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Corbin

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]