Dr. Ralph Petrey Passing

Posted in the Corbin Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Praying4Them

Williamsburg, KY

#1 Dec 11, 2011
I'm not wanting to cause drama or be nosey, but I just heard of Dr. Petrey's passing yesterday and was wondering if anyone knew the cause. He did a great job with my teeth as well as a lot of others in our area. A great man who will truly be missed. Prayers are going up for his family and the ladies who work in his office.

“Better than ever”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#2 Dec 11, 2011
It was a heart attack. My heart goes out to everyone who knew him.
Praying4Them

Williamsburg, KY

#3 Dec 11, 2011
Thank you, that's so sad to hear. He was a great person and was respected by a lot of people in this town. Thanks again for the info.

“Better than ever”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#4 Dec 11, 2011
You're welcome.
omgsh

Richmond, KY

#5 Dec 11, 2011
Praying for the family.
jjj

United States

#6 Dec 11, 2011
Did he have a daughter named joellen?
My cousin

Newburgh, IN

#7 Dec 11, 2011
jjj wrote:
Did he have a daughter named joellen?
Yes, he has a daughter named JoEllen
jjj

United States

#8 Dec 11, 2011
Im so sorry to hear that i worked with Joellen years ago and thats how i met Dr. Petrey.
so sorry

Whitley City, KY

#9 Dec 11, 2011
where was his office located?
My Cousin

Newburgh, IN

#10 Dec 11, 2011
I am waiting to here what the arrangements are, so we can come in and be with the Petrey family.
rebel yell

United States

#11 Dec 11, 2011
jason, i'm sorry to hear that your father died, i know words don't help anything, and i know theirs nothing i can do to make you feel any better, i'm an ol'friend from our "crazy years", again i'm sorry.
Lisa

Bussey, IA

#12 Dec 11, 2011
I worked with Dr, Petrey back in the late 80s and too my son there last years for his braces, He was a very nice man, I am so shocked to hear of his passing god bless his family during this difficult time
Dee

Winchester, KY

#13 Dec 11, 2011
Prayers go out to the family. Dr. Petrey was a very sweet man. I went to him as a teenager for braces, and my son also did a few years ago, he will be missed by his patients! I will continue to lift his wife and children up in prayer!
WonderIng

Winchester, KY

#16 Dec 12, 2011
How come it's not in the paper or on the obituaries? The office is open also. Is this just a rumor? If so, this is really mean! I find it really odd that not one funeral home knows anything about it.
Info

Winchester, KY

#17 Dec 12, 2011
No this is not a rumor and the funeral will be held at at funeral home in London, although i am not sure which one.
My Cousin

Newburgh, IN

#18 Dec 12, 2011
They are supposed to make the arrangements today. I think it happened fairly late Saturday evening. I am awaiting word from the family.
corbin

Fulton, KY

#19 Dec 12, 2011
My Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
As a member of the family..I didnt know this. I dont think you should have posted this on Topix. Especially now. Jason being in jail has nothing to do with his Fathers death. Obviously they didnt want people to know or they would have told us. I have a close relationship with some of Dr Petreys siblings and they never said a word. I think it was supposed to be something private...big mouth.
My daughter has worked for RD for ten years and he was a special person , he would of done anything for anyone and he was a private person also and for someone to get on here and talk about one of his children being in jail is wrong.We all need to pray that they are able to help each other to get through this..RIP RD Petrey..
My Cousin

Newburgh, IN

#20 Dec 12, 2011
corbin wrote:
<quoted text> My daughter has worked for RD for ten years and he was a special person , he would of done anything for anyone and he was a private person also and for someone to get on here and talk about one of his children being in jail is wrong.We all need to pray that they are able to help each other to get through this..RIP RD Petrey..
Thanks for that..you said it better than I could. I am actually closer in age to the younger siblings so I wasnt very close to Ralph. I am closer in age to the youngest brother.

Fulton, KY

#22 Dec 12, 2011
Is this Sharon Petreys father in law???
Lisa

Bussey, IA

#24 Dec 12, 2011
Dr Petrey obits is on Bowling funeral Home

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 31 min Wendy 171,963
Grand Wizard Coach P 1 hr KCpanther 4
South Laurel Game 1 hr KCpanther 32
Does Corbin High have a Whites only water fount... 1 hr You are special 10
Have you ever had a gangbang (Feb '10) 3 hr Heather 44
KUKluxKorbin threads deleted 6 hr Thugs 15
News Kentucky State Police may be closer to identify... 7 hr Frank 3

Corbin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corbin Mortgages