Dixie burger sauce
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Whatsinit

United States

#1 Mar 9, 2011
What is your guess for the sauce they put on Dixie burgers has anybody tried to make it
Really

Winchester, KY

#2 Mar 9, 2011
There is horse radish in it. And maybe BBQ sauce and mustard
Sweet Corbin Ho

United States

#3 Mar 9, 2011
From my experience, I'd say it includes a few loads of man sauce.
Hazel

Lebanon, TN

#4 Mar 22, 2011
I have moved to Tn and every spring I miss the rootbeer stand so much :(

I am going to experiment in the kitchen and try my best to make this sauce. I can't go through another summer craving one of these things!

So if anyone has tried or thinks they know a recipe, let me know.

(dixie sauce and the hotdog chili)

Pot Partaker

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#5 Mar 22, 2011
There is a sauce that you can order called "Boss Sauce". It come in hot and sweet varieties. Look it up and try it out. It is AWESOME.
Hazel

Lebanon, TN

#6 Mar 22, 2011
I just looked it up (boss sauce) have you ever seen it sold in grocery stores? It looks like it would be good. Does it taste like dixie sauce?
clueless

Corbin, KY

#7 Mar 22, 2011
i was once told years ago that the dixie sauce was mustard, ketchup, and chili powder. i have never ate a dixie burger so i have no clue.
Throbbing Meat

Manchester, KY

#8 Mar 22, 2011
It's main ingredient is WillieJizz.
Hazel

Lebanon, TN

#9 Mar 22, 2011
I know I have mustard, ketchup, and chili powder in my kitchen. I can test that myth right now lol
Yumm

Pine Knot, KY

#10 Mar 22, 2011
Heard brown sugar was in it
Really

Lebanon, KY

#11 Mar 22, 2011
Hazel wrote:
I know I have mustard, ketchup, and chili powder in my kitchen. I can test that myth right now lol
There is definitely horse radish in it. I think mustard, BBQ sauce and horseradish is the closest
Hazel

Lebanon, TN

#12 Mar 22, 2011
just tried ketchup, mustard, and chili powder. Although it came close, I think it needed brown sugar. I am going grocery shopping to pick up a few more options lol

Corbin, KY

#13 Mar 22, 2011
Hazel wrote:
I have moved to Tn and every spring I miss the rootbeer stand so much :(
I am going to experiment in the kitchen and try my best to make this sauce. I can't go through another summer craving one of these things!
So if anyone has tried or thinks they know a recipe, let me know.
(dixie sauce and the hotdog chili)
Kinda funny! Someone just gave this recipe to me today!
Close As It Gets Dixie Chili.
3lb lean hamburger (80/20
1 can or bottle beer or near beer
10-1/2 oz. tomato puree
2 tsps. salt
2 tsps. garlic salt
3 tsps. paprika
8 tsps. chili powder
1 tsp. tabasco sauce
1 cup crushed corn flakes

Brown hamburger in beer, cook until done. Add puree, salt, paprika, garlic salt, tabasco sauce, and chili powder. Add corn flakes last, adding more or less depending on the consistency you like.
Haven't tried it yet, but I hope you like!
info

AOL

#14 Mar 22, 2011
clueless wrote:
i was once told years ago that the dixie sauce was mustard, ketchup, and chili powder. i have never ate a dixie burger so i have no clue.
I tried that a few years ago, got close to the taste, but not close enough.
CRAZY LADY

Wheeling, WV

#15 Mar 29, 2011
my x husband turned me on to the dixie dog....wow. these thins r awesome. anyone now how to make the dixie dog sauce. i live in wv now.....and crave the sauce. thanks
Sauce Man

Bloomfield, KY

#16 Mar 29, 2011
I always thought it taste kind of like french dressing. But not sure. This post was about the dixie hamburger sauce and not the hotdog chili. Has far as the best chili in town that would be the old Fad pool hall chili, none better. I wish I had the recipe for it, just to make at home.
Rocky

Stanford, KY

#17 Oct 5, 2012
That Dixie Burger tastes like it has Manwich Sloppy Joe Sauce on it.
crazy
#18 Oct 5, 2012
Well, it is obvious it has onions in it, and i was once told worsteshire sauce, hot sauce, ketchup-the rest is a secret, maybe all of the above with some garlic, sugar, or chili powder depending on whether it needs to be sweeter or hotter. It is awesome, we need to keep asking for them to bottle it, maybe they will eventually. They finally started the survival kits, so who knows? Best of luck with it, let me know what you come up with.
Yankee Contractor

Anderson, IN

#19 Oct 6, 2012
Sweet Corbin Ho wrote:
From my experience, I'd say it includes a few loads of man sauce.
A lot to be said for experience.
Yankee Contractor

Anderson, IN

#20 Oct 6, 2012
CRAZY LADY wrote:
my x husband turned me on to the dixie dog....wow. these thins r awesome. anyone now how to make the dixie dog sauce. i live in wv now.....and crave the sauce. thanks
Ask your old man. I'm sure he could whip up a batch for you at a moments notice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min another viewer 166,296
What happened to Trae Pennington? 13 min DaTruth 18
Solar Eclipse Glasses 1 hr Arlo 2
complaints about corbin bingo parlor (Jan '09) 5 hr Suck it Sarah 359
gossip in corbin 10 hr butbthen... 6
Tristan meth head sevier 10 hr jack 7
Shaunna parks (May '11) 10 hr Yeah right 17

Corbin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corbin Mortgages