Fatal Crash on I-75 near exit 25

Posted in the Corbin Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
QUIMBY

London, KY

#1 Aug 23, 2010
http://thetimestribune.com/homepage/x17723390...

BREAKING NEWS: FATAL CRASH ON I-75 NORTHBOUND PAST EXIT 25 IN CORBIN
Has northbound lanes shut down.

Megan Williamson, Staff Writer
The Times-Tribune

CORBIN — Fatal crash on I-75 has northbound shut down. See more in tomorrow's edition of The Times Tribune.
what

Williamsburg, KY

#2 Aug 23, 2010
QUIMBY wrote:
http://thetimestribune.com/hom epage/x1772339034/BREAKING-NEW S-FATAL-CRASH-ON-I-75-NORTHBOU ND-PAST-EXIT-25-IN-CORBIN
BREAKING NEWS: FATAL CRASH ON I-75 NORTHBOUND PAST EXIT 25 IN CORBIN
Has northbound lanes shut down.
Megan Williamson, Staff Writer
The Times-Tribune
CORBIN — Fatal crash on I-75 has northbound shut down. See more in tomorrow's edition of The Times Tribune.
They were going South.... went all the way over to the other side
From Corbin

Dyer, TN

#3 Aug 23, 2010
Heard the girl was from Woodbine. Don't know if it is 100% true though. Last name Wilson?
Crushed

Winchester, KY

#4 Aug 24, 2010
As far as I know my brother in law worked the wreak and it was Lauren Wilson and Anthony Barnhill it killed Lauren instanly and they flew Anthony out!
oh no

Corbin, KY

#5 Aug 24, 2010
does Lauren have a sister? the name sounds so familiar to me, not sure if I'm thinking bout the same person or not.
Wondering

Somerset, KY

#6 Aug 24, 2010
Crushed wrote:
As far as I know my brother in law worked the wreak and it was Lauren Wilson and Anthony Barnhill it killed Lauren instanly and they flew Anthony out!
By chance is your brother in law with the ambulance service?
crushed

United States

#7 Aug 24, 2010
No he is not in with ems and I'm not positive on if lauren has a sister or not I just know lauren myself I didn't know her family!
small one

Richmond, KY

#8 Aug 24, 2010
WKYT website:

Crash kills woman, injures man

Corbin Police tell 27 NEWSFIRST that Lauren Wilson, 27, died when her SUV crossed the median of I-75 near exit 25 and flipped several times Monday night.
Posted: 8:24 AM Aug 24, 2010

A young woman has been killed in a crash along Interstate 75 in Corbin.

Corbin Police tell 27 NEWSFIRST that Lauren Wilson, 27, died when her SUV crossed the median of I-75 near exit 25 and flipped several times Monday night.

Wilson's passenger, Anthony Barnhill, 26, was airlifted to a hospital.

Police are still investigating what caused the crash.

I-75 reopened a few hours later.
thumper

Fulton, KY

#9 Aug 24, 2010
Crushed wrote:
yes it was anthony and lauren.i talk to anthonys mother today he is bad shap now,i know them both real well been to my house alot,still dont know what happen..but if anthony had his set belt on he would not made it, he was threw out of the car they had to cut lauren out..
A Friend

Manchester, KY

#10 Aug 24, 2010
Was this the Lauren wilson from woodbine?
Wondering

South Fulton, TN

#11 Aug 24, 2010
Would some one tell me who the Barnhill, mom and dad are?
what

Williamsburg, KY

#12 Aug 24, 2010
Wondering wrote:
Would some one tell me who the Barnhill, mom and dad are?
The mother s Lou Gills that sells pulltabs at moonbow bingo
family

United States

#13 Aug 24, 2010
i think lauren's sister's name is carrie and her brother is andy, both older than her.
so sad

Sikeston, MO

#14 Aug 24, 2010
My husband and I drive I-75 every day. it was just yesterday AM he said " if anyone goes off the road and hits the concrete base for those new cables there putting in, they’re going to go air born or flip.

Seen it happen when it rained also.

I'd sue.
what

Williamsburg, KY

#15 Aug 24, 2010
so sad wrote:
My husband and I drive I-75 every day. it was just yesterday AM he said " if anyone goes off the road and hits the concrete base for those new cables there putting in, they’re going to go air born or flip.
Seen it happen when it rained also.
I'd sue.
cannot beleive this SUE that is all anyone thinks about now days....think about how the person was driving....or what happened to her... WHO would you sue???? what a thinl to say
Easy Money

Madisonville, KY

#16 Aug 24, 2010
what wrote:
<quoted text>
cannot beleive this SUE that is all anyone thinks about now days....think about how the person was driving....or what happened to her... WHO would you sue???? what a thinl to say
Unfortunately, that is the southeast always looking for
a lazy way to get a few bucks most too sorry to work. Sorry
for the families loss of their precious loved one.
dave

Mayfield, KY

#17 Aug 24, 2010
the concrete is a waist of money their 4 inches thick they will fold up if you hit them stupid state people
sparky

Fulton, KY

#18 Aug 24, 2010
they have been test for 80000 lbs ,that means they will stop anything but tranfer trucks and it slows them 83 percent,but they can break the cable,infomational only.
YEA

Dexter, MO

#19 Aug 24, 2010
thumper wrote:
<quoted text> yes it was anthony and lauren.i talk to anthonys mother today he is bad shap now,i know them both real well been to my house alot,still dont know what happen..but if anthony had his set belt on he would not made it, he was threw out of the car they had to cut lauren out..
He was not thrown from the wreck a couple of bystanders pulled him out...
Wondering

United States

#20 Aug 24, 2010
I remember a girl by that name that was friends with my son, she was a small girl and I think she worked at speedy mart years ago...is this her??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 55 min IND 149,958
Roofer needed 5 hr Roofer 2
Hook up 9 hr Night owl 42
Wanting small dog 8 pounds or under 11 hr Hbighorse 2
Easy women 11 hr Jon 8
Old Wilbur Hotel (Corbin Ghost Walk) (Nov '12) 14 hr Lclayton 11
Need A Home 15 hr Hbighorse 3

Corbin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance