dawn

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

does anyone know if george will be having a meet n greet or if anyone can get my husband and i backstage? i will pay for it of course. he had surgery for thyroid cancer last year and i wanted to do something for him to lift his spirits and he has been a george jones fan his whole life. thanks
Barneyfife

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

Judged:

He is worth the ticket price better than most young ones and sings all the hits. You Go George
disappointed

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2011

Judged:

I've always heard his concerts were really good but after his performance in Corbin KY last night I will never go see him again. Everyone was walking out! I don't know what the issue was but you couldn't understand half of what he was saying, he was off key and not in sync with the band and his song selection sucked. Wish he had been a "No Show Jones"!
Geriatric George

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2011

Judged:

George is 80, performs like 90. Nothing sadder than an old rocker(see NIBROC every year) or an old country crooner who stays on stage until dementia sets in.

Anyone seen a Loretta Lynn lately ? She's a lovely woman and a legend but often forgets the words to her songs now. Very, very sad. I love these legends, but it's so sad to see them now. Reminds me how old I'm getting, I guess. lol
Georges fan

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2011

I'm afraid that disappointed and Geriatric George are right. I really wish that I could tell you that they were wrong. It's time for George to retire, bless his heart. The last time that I saw George was probably 5-6 years ago, his concert then was still pretty good but last night was a definite reality check. I love George and I'm so very glad musical recordings are there for us to enjoy the past.
hey

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2011

You have to give him credit for still getting out there!He is eighty and still touring!I'm glad to be able to say I got to see him since it probably will be his last time out on the road.
Georges fan

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2011

hey wrote:
You have to give him credit for still getting out there!He is eighty and still touring!I'm glad to be able to say I got to see him since it probably will be his last time out on the road.
Yeah, OK, I'll give him credit but I didn't like that I gave him $36.50.
Carkat

Erlanger, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

Georges fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, OK, I'll give him credit but I didn't like that I gave him $36.50.
Really? He is worth that and much more! If u didn't want to see him why did u go! I love George and always will no matter how old he gets! He is still the possum and always will be! I love you George!
yes it is me

Stanford, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

im on the road I had a good time in corbin ky thanks guys
Zombie

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

The last post was more than a year ago... The thread was started in 2011.

To be quite honest when we saw him last year he only did 1/3 of the show and that is being generous.

He has become the guy who stayed at the party way too long.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Corbin Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Corbin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••