First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wonder

Gorham, IL

#1 Dec 4, 2008
Just wondered what everyone thought.
Mine SUCKS!!$234 this month!!
They changed my meter. You better check yours!!
pissed off

Corbin, KY

#2 Dec 4, 2008
yea no s**t, mine was double this month, its rediculous.
hmm

Ripley, TN

#3 Dec 4, 2008
Because everyone allows them to be, gang up and tell them you're mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore.

Another reason is they buy there electricity from UK, at least that's what I heard.
hmm

Ripley, TN

#4 Dec 4, 2008
Hehe, what happens when you have to use the bathroom really bad, you screw up.

I meant to say they buy from KU, but I'm not 100% sure on this, just heard that one time.

People have a lot of power if they would stick together. All it would take is everyone getting together and telling them to lower the rates or you're going to disconnect. If they don't, discontinue service and see how fast they drop the rates when their subscribers drop them. Yeah I know this will never happen because people are too lazy to live without electricity, but it would work.
INcorrect

London, KY

#5 Dec 4, 2008
No they do not buy their energy from ku, they buy it from east ky power in winchester, ky. they have about 20 times the miles of lines to maintain than ku does thats why jackson is so much higher than ku. ku is lucky in the fact that they do not service the rural areas in hollows and mountain tops that jackson does...if you will notice ku is only near city limits...it sucks but that is why jackson is high.
fed up

Frankfort, KY

#6 Dec 4, 2008
Wonder wrote:
hello, this is December. have u not turned on your heat and use it. i know they are high but u just have to bite the bullet and pay it in order to have it.
info

London, KY

#7 Dec 4, 2008
another explanation for the high rates was the price of fuel for their trucks. well gas has been decreasing for about 6 weeks now, and why has this not been passed on to the consumer? I also hear that their rates are going up again in january, one of the coldest months of course. If they raise rates because of gas prices, why cant they lower rates when gas prices go down? because they are greedy thats why.
no competiton

Gorham, IL

#8 Dec 4, 2008
They can charge you whatever they want cause you cant do anything about it! It is sickening but so true. I think there should be someone to complain to but the only one I can think of is Depatment of energy in frankfort.
Ticked Off

Corbin, KY

#9 Dec 5, 2008
They changed my meter too. My bill has been almost $100 higher EVERY month since then. I'm ticked off about it. I talked to someone at the electric company to see if I could get my meter checked-and they are trying to charge me $25 just to do that. Just a bunch of bull crap if you ask me. I think we're all getting ripped off.

“ladyfox's opinions”

Since: Jun 08

Corbin Kentucky

#10 Dec 5, 2008
hmm wrote:
Hehe, what happens when you have to use the bathroom really bad, you screw up.
I meant to say they buy from KU, but I'm not 100% sure on this, just heard that one time.
People have a lot of power if they would stick together. All it would take is everyone getting together and telling them to lower the rates or you're going to disconnect. If they don't, discontinue service and see how fast they drop the rates when their subscribers drop them. Yeah I know this will never happen because people are too lazy to live without electricity, but it would work.
Yes i agree the rates are high but there are some people who can NOT drop their electric service as the whole house depends on electric. With winter comming and kids at home we need heat,lights.
KG4KBU

United States

#11 Dec 5, 2008
u can put me on that list also for cumberland valley recc being so high
ek power is sooooo much cheaper and they are AEP boy did I love those 40-80 more around 40 then 80 dollar electric bills when I lived in ohio and had AEP.
I wish AEP would buy these rural electric companies out. BTW recc keeps saying kentucky has the cheapest rates in the country yeah maybe if ur an employee or ur with KU but its not a bit true
KG4KBU

United States

#12 Dec 5, 2008
I say we all get together and try to get the PSC public service commission and attorney general involved. they were investgated once and found no wrong doing a while back
Hammer

United States

#13 Dec 5, 2008
We have the 3rd lowest electric in the U.S.A. People here are just not use to paying. Just enjoy it. Why you are on your computor fussing about everything.
reality

London, KY

#14 Dec 5, 2008
we also have the lowest paying jobs but the cost of living is not much cheaper like it used to be. compare cost of gas and food here with other cities, not much different. and the bigger cities have more options and public transportation. and if someone is going to suggest moving, keep in mind it is expensive to move and a job is needed to be secured before making any move.
LOL

Madisonville, KY

#15 Dec 5, 2008
Hammer wrote:
We have the 3rd lowest electric in the U.S.A. People here are just not use to paying. Just enjoy it. Why you are on your computor fussing about everything.
probably because theres people on hear reading it...lol
well

Dickson, TN

#16 Dec 5, 2008
hmm wrote:
Because everyone allows them to be, gang up and tell them you're mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore.
Another reason is they buy there electricity from UK, at least that's what I heard.
They do buy from KU.
Hammer

United States

#17 Dec 5, 2008
reality wrote:
we also have the lowest paying jobs but the cost of living is not much cheaper like it used to be. compare cost of gas and food here with other cities, not much different. and the bigger cities have more options and public transportation. and if someone is going to suggest moving, keep in mind it is expensive to move and a job is needed to be secured before making any move.
Don't know about all that. I have left KY before with only $65.00 to my name.
heyman

Ripley, TN

#18 Dec 5, 2008
fed up wrote:
<quoted text>hello, this is December. have u not turned on your heat and use it. i know they are high but u just have to bite the bullet and pay it in order to have it.
Yes my heat is on but all that means is that iam paying a gas bill too.
madashell

Aiken, SC

#19 Dec 5, 2008
Wonder wrote:
well try 325 this month they too changed my meter about two yrs ago and it has been higher ever since last yr two months it was 475 for one month that is horrible and my brother has a larger house than mine but has ku electric and his was 80 so go figure they are ripping us off
KG4KBU

United States

#21 Dec 6, 2008
here just to clear it up they buy their electric from EKP eAST KY POWER WHICH is a divison of AEP in which I think is one of the best electric companies in kentucky and the whole united states
EKP serves the eastern part of KY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Disciple of Darkn... 170,519
Josh Allen (bartender guy) (Feb '09) 5 hr Wm189l 20
Bojangles in Corbin 12 hr figgypops 25
Any Swingers In Corbin (Sep '08) 16 hr Troy 17
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 21 hr Walk with God 1,762
Anyone know Tim Mason ? (Jun '11) Sun Tim mason 9
india hart (Oct '08) Sun Mr preach 3

Corbin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corbin Mortgages