Dixie Cafe to Re-open??

Dixie Cafe to Re-open??

Posted in the Corbin Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
keavy guy

Sheridan, AR

#1 Oct 5, 2012
i have heard that the dixie cafe is going to re-open next week. i hope so. i loved that place - decent food, mom & pop place, karaoke thurs, fri, & sat nights, great employees.... i sorta figured another restaurant opening around here would be all over topix but i guess possible good news doesent interest a lot of folks. i drove by there a cpl days ago & they had repainted the outside south wall white and it has the 'redhound' cartoon character re-painted on it with 'Dixie Cafe' above it - so it appears that what i have heard is correct.
---are the same folks gonna be running it as when it closed??

thanks.
Gees

Fulton, KY

#2 Oct 5, 2012
keavy guy wrote:
i have heard that the dixie cafe is going to re-open next week. i hope so. i loved that place - decent food, mom & pop place, karaoke thurs, fri, & sat nights, great employees.... i sorta figured another restaurant opening around here would be all over topix but i guess possible good news doesent interest a lot of folks. i drove by there a cpl days ago & they had repainted the outside south wall white and it has the 'redhound' cartoon character re-painted on it with 'Dixie Cafe' above it - so it appears that what i have heard is correct.
---are the same folks gonna be running it as when it closed??

thanks.
New owners! The man is a great guy. His wife is a b*tch! She claims to be all religious but acts very far from it. I really doubt they'll have karaoke nights. The was the Dixie's Demise!
Dixie Lover

Mayfield, KY

#3 Oct 5, 2012
Stopped in there yesterday. A man working there said the owners are shooting for Oct 8th around noon to open. There's a Fall Festival (or something) downtown at the same time.
I'm excited!!!:)
jim

Sikeston, MO

#4 Oct 5, 2012
Sounds great for a date!!(Amber)
same

Chicago, IL

#5 Oct 5, 2012
The guy opening it is a pastor. Hes gonna have all the things the dixie had before as in food. No kareoke no beer no parties. Im excited!
Al

Somerset, KY

#6 Oct 5, 2012
He's not a pastor! He's former music minister of First United Methodist/ Grace on the Hill UMC.
really

Madisonville, KY

#7 Oct 5, 2012
I just hope the food is better. It used to suck!
Excited

Richmond, KY

#8 Oct 5, 2012
Been keeping up with the Dixie from their Facebook
check them out!
yep

Lexington, KY

#9 Oct 5, 2012
He won't last a year.
religiousnut

South Fulton, TN

#10 Oct 6, 2012
He prayed and fasted for 3 days and God told him to buy The Dixie. Maybe the food will be blessed and taste a whole lot better.
problem

Brownsville, TN

#11 Oct 6, 2012
ed is a great guy but his wife is a pure devil. she will hinder him and his kids are crazy. the are undisciplined.
yes

Murray, KY

#12 Oct 7, 2012
I agree, Ed is a nice guy and his wife is a pain! I can't support this resteraunt knowing she is a part of it. Besides without beer they won't last long.
Joe Swanson

Richmond, KY

#13 Oct 7, 2012
I heard the new owners are the Chinese people who had that road kill buffet in Williamburg. It would be an improvement over the old Dixie.
keavy guy

Somerset, KY

#14 Oct 8, 2012
Gees wrote:
<quoted text>
New owners! The man is a great guy. His wife is a b*tch! She claims to be all religious but acts very far from it. I really doubt they'll have karaoke nights. The was the Dixie's Demise!
gotta disagree on the (former) dixie's demise - it wasn't anything other than the ridiculous 70/30 rule that they couldn't live within. they had a good thriving business and the city of corbin killed it. they even imposed a rule that if someone had more than 2 drinks (alcoholic) they HAD to buy something to eat but unfortunately, despite everything they did to abide by this stupid rule imposed by the city of corbin, they still couldn't show 70% of their income from food sales. not many good places around here to go and now there is one less. thank you city of corbin!

about the 'new dixie'- there is an old saying that it seems would apply here: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". the 'old dixie' was a victim of too much business so why not follow their example now that the city's rules have changed? i do wish them the very best and do hope that they succeed - there are not enough mom & pop type places now & there seem to be fewer every day. however,
if they last more than 6 months, i'll be surprised. i hope that i am wrong.
Well

Fulton, KY

#15 Oct 8, 2012
Today is opening day. Have any of you been?
keavy guy

Somerset, KY

#16 Oct 8, 2012
Well wrote:
Today is opening day. Have any of you been?
not yet - plan on trying it out this evening.....
Well

Fulton, KY

#17 Oct 8, 2012
keavy guy wrote:
<quoted text>not yet - plan on trying it out this evening.....
Let us know what you think. I'm sick and can't go today like I wanted to.
corbingirl

South Fulton, TN

#18 Oct 8, 2012
keavy guy wrote:
<quoted text>
gotta disagree on the (former) dixie's demise - it wasn't anything other than the ridiculous 70/30 rule that they couldn't live within. they had a good thriving business and the city of corbin killed it. they even imposed a rule that if someone had more than 2 drinks (alcoholic) they HAD to buy something to eat but unfortunately, despite everything they did to abide by this stupid rule imposed by the city of corbin, they still couldn't show 70% of their income from food sales. not many good places around here to go and now there is one less. thank you city of corbin!
about the 'new dixie'- there is an old saying that it seems would apply here: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". the 'old dixie' was a victim of too much business so why not follow their example now that the city's rules have changed? i do wish them the very best and do hope that they succeed - there are not enough mom & pop type places now & there seem to be fewer every day. however,
if they last more than 6 months, i'll be surprised. i hope that i am wrong.
Maybe if Marsha Trosper and her lowlife daughter April had paid more attention to running the business than screwing around on their husbands maybe it wouldnt have closed.
foodie

South Fulton, TN

#19 Oct 8, 2012
I heard the chili wasnt very good, but I guess everybody has their own tastes.
keavy guy

Somerset, KY

#20 Oct 8, 2012
corbingirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if Marsha Trosper and her lowlife daughter April had paid more attention to running the business than screwing around on their husbands maybe it wouldnt have closed.
sweetheart - the last time i looked, the thread of this post was about the dixie reopening - not about what someone's morals are which is absolutely no business of yours whatsoever. why don't u go try & start some trash on some other thread. grown-ups are talking here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Firetruck's on 25 today 2 min Justinb 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min Bzoink 174,773
What is being built on Main St. across from Mik... 1 hr Appreciative Parent 4
Tim Short Automotive Corbin 2 hr velar 12
Mike Smith or Derek Eubanks?? Who is your choic... 4 hr 1965rrc 23
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 9 hr walk with God 1,892
Lets Play Word Association! (Oct '08) 14 hr winner 1,061

Corbin Jobs

Personal Finance

Corbin Mortgages